Subject: [webfinger] create/update JRD via Webfinger

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:15:18 +0100

Hi all,

Is there any intention for Webfinger to support the creation/update of 
resource descriptors? For example, an internal system wants to create 
the JRD related to a newly created user registration, or to update a JRD 
for [email-masked] to add some new link relations. Maybe by adding 
POST/PATCH support against the Webfinger resource....

Many thanks!
Kevin

Kevin Smith, Vodafone R&D

---

From: Melvin Carvalho <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:41:19 +0200

On 31 July 2013 12:15, Kevin Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:

> resource descriptors? For example, an internal system wants to create the
> JRD related to a newly created user registration, or to update a JRD for
> [email-masked] to add some new link relations. Maybe by adding

The most common way to do something like this is in line with WebDAV, where
PUT creates a new document, DELETE removes one and GET reads one.

POST is very often used as an append technology, tho POST can be
implemented however a server wants to

POST can be very useful with a query language to perform adds, deletes and
updates

PATCH is an interesting one, and there's JSON PATCH [1] which *may* be able
to be standardized after JRD is completed

Personally I'd use a custom script to do this right now, or use another
serialization more suited to updates, and keep it in kilter with the JRD

Something like the Linked Data Platform [2] would be a good template for
this too

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6902
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-ldp-20130730/

> ______________________________**_________________
> webfinger mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/webfinger<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/webfinger>
>