Subject: [xml2rfc] <sourcecode> inside an <aside>

From: Roger Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:28:20 +0100 (CET)

I would like to place a short piece of code in an aside, but this is not 
allowed by the content model for <aside>:

  element aside {,,,, (artset|artwork|blockquote|dl|figure|iref|ol|t|table|ul)* }

It is forbidden to write

  <aside><t>Bla bla ....</t>
  <sourcecode>a=a+1</sourcecode></aside>

I find I have to write

  <aside><t>Bla bla ....</t>
  <figure><sourcecode>a=a+1</sourcecode></figure></aside>

This puts the a=a+1 into the aside, but gives me an unwanted "Figure n".

1. Is there a neater way of doing this?
2. Why not allow <sourcecode> in the content model for <aside>?

Roger

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 19:43:35 +0100

Am 29.01.2021 um 18:28 schrieb Roger Price:
>   element aside {,,,,
> (artset|artwork|blockquote|dl|figure|iref|ol|t|table|ul)* }
>
> It is forbidden to write
>
> ...

IMHO that is clearly an oversight. I recommend opening a ticket at
<https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues>. I
*believe* this should be non-controversial and easy to fix.

(The best workaround for now probably would be to use <artwork> instead
of <sourcecode>).

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Roger Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 22:30:17 +0100 (CET)

> *believe* this should be non-controversial and easy to fix.

I (aka Luo2Jie2) have raised issue 194
https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/194

> (The best workaround for now probably would be to use <artwork> instead

Tested, it works ok, thanks, Roger