Subject: [xml2rfc] <rfc> attribute category deprecated, but required ?

From: Roger Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 16:30:33 +0100 (CET)

RFC7991 tells us

    2.45.1.  "category" Attribute
    Deprecated; instead, use the "name" attribute in <seriesInfo>.

So I wrote

    <seriesInfo name="Internet-Draft" value="&docName;">

and I omitted the category="info" attribute from element <rfc>.  I got the 
error message:

Note: Calling rfc_check_attribute_values()
Note: Calling check_attribute_values()
/mnt/home/rprice/IETF/nut/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-00.xml(6): Error: 
Expected a valid category for submissionType='IETF', one of 
info,bcp,historic,std,exp, but found 'None'

If I include category="info", xml2rfc accepts my markup.
Does this mean that although deprecated, attribute category is required?

Roger

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 18:06:42 +0100

Am 30.01.2021 um 16:30 schrieb Roger Price:
> and I omitted the category="info" attribute from element <rfc>.  I got
> the error message:
>
> ...

The whole transition of attributes on <rfc> to <seriesInfo> is borked.
It needs to be either fixed or undone. Known issue. See
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-12.html#section-3.1.21>.

Best regards, Julian