Subject: [xml2rfc] generic draft name references out of date?

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 15:01:25 -0600

I think this maybe relates to the recent thread
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/xml2rfc/hEKFf648LDpVL1uBFfWTIPvQ3us/
but it appears that for at least some I-Ds the draft number at the generic
draft name reference does not align with the most recent draft number
submitted.

For example, https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/ is
currently at -34 but
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.ietf-oauth-jwsreq.xml
shows -30.

Similarly,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics/
indicates there's an -18 but
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.ietf-oauth-security-topics.xml
shows -16.

And https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1/ has an -02 but
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.ietf-oauth-v2-1.xml
has -00.

My co-author on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-par/ came
across this recently while trying to update the references at the request
of a WG chair doing the Shepherd Write-Up.  It references the three
document mentioned above, which is how we came across the apparent issue in
the citation library.

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._