Subject: [xml2rfc] Non IETF users of xml2rfc

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:13:26 -0500

I have occasionally stumbled across other organizations using xml2rfc 
(no, I don't have a list at hand).

I wonder if others have as well, or if there are people from those 
organizations on this list?

If you know of such use, please let us know (send mail directly to me if 
you aren't comfortable posting on list).

RjS

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:19:07 +0200

> you aren't comfortable posting on list).

Being in the situation of also writing specifications not targeting the IETF, I have been doing some research recently.

W3C use bikeshed which seems like a nice(r) alternative for non-IETF work.  I have yet to try it though.
If you need PDF, most browsers can do that as well.

The htmlized RFC format was OK until the hyper-links got smashed.

I currently see the "diff" utility as the main attraction.  There seems to be no such thing for rendered Web pages :(

Anders

https://tabatkins.github.io/bikeshed/

> 
> RjS
> 
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:48:00 -0600

The OpenID Foundation uses xml2rfc output for the specs and drafts their
WGs produce https://openid.net/developers/specs/

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._