Subject: Simulation of Int-Services.

From: Arioli Carlo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:42:43 +0100

I issued some request on rsvp-test, and it has been suggested that
int-serv
 was a better place where to ask.    I'm trying to develop a  simulator
to
 study rsvp for my thesys degree  project.   In doing so , my task is to
examine
 RSVP on a simulated backbone and to consider  its performances  about
scalability.
 For this purpose I have o find out  or to figure out some information
to make
 the simulation realistc and  its results worth the effort.
Unfortunately
 there isn't  much literature to start from.   What I need  to
 understand is how to describe the traffic that is likely to be on the
 backbone  once that RSVP is installed :  video , real-time services,
and so on
 in terms  of number of senders, number of receivers , traffic generated
,
 kind of rsvp styles taht would be  used , bulk of traffic , number or
flows....
and so on. This is a sort of characterization of traffic that is suited
to integrated
 services.
I don't need anything precise talking about numbers, since RSVP isn't
deployed fully yet,
but papers or some  scratch to start from that could give me a sort of
 quantitative idea.

 Does anybody know   whether there are  studies on RSVP or real uses of
  RSVP , or studies on real time services in use,that could help
  me.  Thiswould be necessary to  how to build traffic sources and the
topology
of my backbone simulated ( node and links) .
 Has anybody already done anything on this or on something that is
 comparable ??

 I do thank for the help and apologize for the trouble. Any hints will
 be gratefully  accepted and welcomed . Merry Xmas.

  Carlo

 --
---------------------------------------------------------
  Arioli Carlo                          Network systems

  Organization: Cefriel
  Phone:  +39-2-23954-243/260

  Mailto:[email-masked]        http://www.cefriel.it
---------------------------------------------------------

--
---------------------------------------------------------
  Arioli Carlo                          Network systems

  Organization: Cefriel
  Phone:  +39-2-23954-243/260

  Mailto:[email-masked]        http://www.cefriel.it
---------------------------------------------------------