Subject: A Humble Request for Closure

From: [email-masked] (Fred Baker)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:32:50 -0700

As I mentioned in the IETF meeting a couple of weeks ago, Cisco is now in
beta with its RSVP code. Our customers are trying to interoperability test
with the most recent ISI code, and are running into some problems.

The reason they are running into problems is because Bob has implemented
the now out-of-date int-serv specs. I have not, as they have not yet frozen
(case in point being the changes in the recent guaranteed draft).

Would it be too much to ask, to ask that the brownian motion cease and the
drafts stop changing? I would like to be able to deliver a demonstrably
working product to my customers.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy.
When planets do it we say they are orbiting.

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 96 10:19:10 -0700

Fred:

    Well, I'm trying very very hard to ship the guaranteed document out this
week and I believe I'm at the point of one or two minor typos and a few
constants (#defines in your code).  (The only substantive change I've heard
suggested is Lou Berger's to make MTUs 32 bits, which sounded reasonable but
let me know if it causes you pain).

    JTW is trying to wrap with controlled load with the same dispatch.

    If you feel that we're not making our goals, please beat on me or him
as appropriate.

Craig