Subject: QoS Routing BOF

From: "Eric S. Crawley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 96 14:45:36 EDT

[Apologies for the multiple copies.  If you feel the need to reply,
please limit your reply to only one of the lists!]

Folks,

A BoF on QoS Routing is being planned for the IETF meeting in Montreal.
See the description below and contact Ross and/or me if you would like to
present.  Unfortunately, we could not get an earlier timeslot.

    Eric

The purpose of the QoS Routing BOF is to discuss the problems associated
with routing unicast and multicast network flows with specific QoS
requirements.  A QoS routed path may not be the same path as the
traditional best-effort path for a given network flow due to the
requirements of the flow and the resources available in the network.  The
BOF will attempt to define the problems associated with QoS Routing and
determine what groups are working on the problems and if there are
additional pieces that need to be addressed.

People interested in QoS Routing are encouraged to attend and/or present.

BOF Time:  Friday, June 28, 1996, 0900-1130

Current BOF Organizers/Co-chairs:  

Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Eric Crawley <[email-masked]>

Current Agenda:

- Agenda Bashing
- What is the Problem?
- Why do we need to solve it?
- Issues for QoS Routing (strawman list)
    + Resource Advertisements
    + Triggers for QoS Routing
    + Path Computation
    + Route Pinning
    + Flow Independence/Interdependence
    + Network State and Distribution of State
- Current Work: I-PNNI, QOSPF, Nimrod(?)
- QOSPF:  Quality of Service Extensions to OSPF / QOS Path First Routing

---

From: Zhaohui Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

The Internet Draft for QOSPF (Quality of Service Extensions to OSPF/MOSPF,
or Quality Of Service Path First Routing) has been posted on FTP servers
for Internet Drafts. Official announcement is expected soon. 

The file names are: 

draft-zhang-qos-qospf-00.txt
draft-zhang-qos-qospf-00.ps

We are sorry that there is no diagram in the text version yet, so please get 
the PS version if possible.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Zhang