Subject: Qry on Intserv MIB

From: sivakumarg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 97 13:52:00 PDT

Hi,
I have a doubt in SNMPv2.

1. How does the use of an object of syntax "TestAndIncr " guarantee a unique
index?

2. The textual convention says that this object wraps around only after the
value reaches 2^31 -1. In case a implementation allows only 50 entries
for the table then how does it support this object?

3. When will the protocol update this object?. For eg assume that the
value of this object is 10. Suppose entry 2 becomes free should the
protocol update the object so that it contains the value of 2.?

4. If the answer for ques 3 is yes then suppose that entry 3 is valid what
will be the value of the object after entry 2 has been filled? It cannot be
3 since it already has a valid entry.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Sivakumar . G
([email-masked])