Subject: Re: Experimental implementation of Int-Serv on ATM

From: "C. Fan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 18:55:41 +0100

Hi,

In a previous mail, I wrote:

> In our MMT/NG project which ended in last December, we have completed
> an implementation with the combination you thought of:
> ISI-RSVP + SUN/UCL/LBL-CBQ over FORE-SPANS.

Several people have written to ask for details.  

Basically, a separate ATM multicast-VC is established for each new 
multicast flow during the time of flow reservation. Modifications
and extensions in RSVP, CBQ as well as ATM driver were made to 
conduct and maintain such QoS-guaranteed one-to-one mapping. 

We plan to write a small experience report soon. Interested people
may also have a look at the following page:
     http://www.fokus.gmd.de/nthp/mmtng

Regards.

Changpeng

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Changpeng Fan, GMD-FOKUS, Hardenbergplatz 2, D-10623 Berlin, Germany
Email: [email-masked]         URL: http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/fan