Subject: Sonatel Enabled Voice Bridge

From: Ron Robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 96 18:57:46 -0500

NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

BRIDGE SERVER TO LINK TELEPHONE, 
CABLE & DATA INDUSTRIES
Network-Bridging Strategy Makes Virtual 
Communication Infrastructures Possible

BLANCH, NORTH CAROLINA -- April 1, 1996 -- Sonatel Enabled Incorporated, has
announced a patent filing for its Voice Bridge server and Virtual Operator
software that transparently links telephonic, video and data networks, such
as private, public, cable and the Internet, using standard TCP/IP protocols.
Sonatel Enabled's patent pending Voice Bridges connect directly to telco
traffic-office switches, covering entire area codes.

Sonatel Voice Bridges allow telephone, cable and on-line service customers
to communicate over different types of networks, interchangeably to any
phone number (without a computer) or node (with a computer) in a virtual,
super-wide, service area.  This means an Internet, telephone or cable user
can call standard-ordinary telephones and reach Internet or cable users at
the desktop/devicetop.

The scalable architecture of the Voice Bridge combines the reliability and
quality of the public telephone network with the diversity, efficiency and
functionality of data networks.  Sonatel's Virtual Operator software
translates call management messages and voice and/or data traffic into data
packets.  The translated packets are then transmitted over data or cable
networks dynamically, using virtual circuits.  

Blending voice and data across commodity transport mediums will provide
convenient access to new voice and information services.  The Sonatel
Enabled development platform, supports independent applications and value
added services that will be limited only by the imagination.  This open
architecture will create significant opportunities for companies/products
that integrate voice and data technology within public and private
communication infrastructures.  

After successfully testing its bridging technologies using the Bellcore open
position protocol (OPP), Sonatel begins its customized communications
bridging.  Sonatel Enabled's custom services will vary by industry/customer
(e.g. cable, data, telephone, etc.) and application (e.g. voice,
transactions, call centers, information access, etc.).  Basic Voice Bridge
server with Virtual Operator configurations start at $500,000 each, and will
require additional customization and support.  Sonatel Enabled's transparent
access to data, cable and telephonic networks will bring diversified,
low-cost communication services to millions of telephone, cable and on-line
subscribers.

Parties interested in becoming a Sonatel strategic partner should contact
Ron Robertson at Sonatel Enabled Incorporated at 1658 Long's Mill Road,
Blanch, NC 27212; or Phone: 910-234-7073;  Fax: 910-234-7074;  E-Mail:
[email-masked].