Subject: AF-SAA: Generic Socket QoS stuff and ATM FORUM SAA (fwd)

From: James J Harford -- AdvanceNet Systems <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 23:30:05 -0400 (EDT)

Craig,
Let me introduce myself:  I am Jim Harford, the new chairman of the API 
sub-working group (under SAA) of the ATM Forum.  Although it looks as 
though your interest group cannot participate in the ATM Forum mailing 
lists, we obviously have some common interests.  I would be interested in 
a briefing of what your group is working toward.  Perhaps we can create 
some communication channels of mutual benefit.  From a practical 
standpoint, it is silly to duplicate work.

I look forward to hearing from you.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 1994 00:04:13 -0700
From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
    [email-masked], [email-masked],
    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: AF-SAA: Generic Socket QoS stuff and ATM FORUM SAA

Hi folks:

    I have learned this week that ATM Forum has this bizarre rule that
you can't participate in discussions on their mailing lists unless you
are an ATM Forum member.  While this is obviously busted from the perspective
of getting useful technical input into the Forum, I gather they got legal
advice they have to do this.

    So, henceforth, kindly remove the af-saa mailing list from discussions
of socket interfaces, QoS standards, et al.  I'll try to find some method
for communicating with the Forum (smoke signals? :-)) when we decide what the
right thing is.

Craig