Subject: Re: C and D terms and Adspec

From: Roch Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 97 07:14:22 -0400

David,

>I'm trying to calculate end-to-end latency. I know the queueing delay
>using the Guaranteed Service (Gx) that I've requested. I'm having
>difficulty extracting the (fixed?) physical delay.
>
>Shouldn't this info be available in the Adspec object?

Indeed, it should be specified in MINIMUM_PATH_LATENCY.  You can find
a description of this parameter, its units, and how it should be
updated at each network element in Section 3.4 of the draft "General 
Characterization Parameters for Integrated Service Network Elements"
(draft-ietf-intserv-charac-02.txt).

Roch

---

From: David Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:24:36 -0400

> (draft-ietf-intserv-charac-02.txt).

Thanks for the pointer.

Currently, I'm using the rtap tool to setup reservations. At the
receiver, I would like to extract the MINIMUM_PATH_LATENCY from
the Adspec using the rtap tool. Is this possible?

I'm running the deamon with the following options:
rsvpd -l 7 -d 4
But I still don't see any info on the Adspec (at the reciever).

--Dave