Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt (Forwarded)

From: Cynthia Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:21:21 -0500

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:53:11 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]
Content-Length: 3221

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Differential Services:  IP TOS and 
                          Precedence, Delay Indication, and Drop Preference
	Author(s)	: P. Ferguson
	Filename	: draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 07-Nov-97
	
    Recent opinions and sentiments expressed in the Internet
    Service Provider (ISP) community, as well as the Internet
    community at-large, have voiced concern over the applicability
    and scaleability of RSVP and the Integrated Service model in
    the global Internet infrastructure. Convincing arguments have
    been made for a differential services model which offers packet
    delivery services better than traditional best effort, yet not
    as resource intensive as RSVP. As a result, an effort within the
    Intergrated Services working group has been examining methods to
    provide simpler, less resource intensive methods of offering
    differentiated services. This draft provides a practical method
    to use bit values expressed in the IP Type or Service (TOS)
    and IP precedence fields for delay indication and packet drop
    preference, respectively.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt";
	site="ds.internic.net";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message