Subject: Seeking volunteers for minutes, and a note for presenters

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 08:38:55 -0500

Your friendly chairs are soliciting volunteers to assist with minute
taking for one (or more) of the following sessions in LA:

Routing Over Large Clouds (rolc) WG, Monday 3/4 at 1300-1500 and
1530-1730, chaired by Andy Malis

IP Over ATM (ipatm) WG, Tuesday 3/5 at 1300-1500 and Wednesday 3/6 at
1300-1500, chaired by Mark Laubach and Andy Malis

RSVP and INTSERV over ATM (tspatm) BOF, ipatm/rsvp/intserv joint
session on Wednesday 3/6 at 1530-1730, chaired by Andy Malis

IPv6 over NBMA (nbmav6) BOF, ipatm/rolc/ipng joint session on Thursday
3/7 at 1300-1500, chaired by Allison Mankin

The only qualifications are the ability to write legibly or type on
your laptap.  :-) You don't have to record discussions or the contents
of overheads - just the major points that are made in the meeting, and
of course, any consensus that is formed by a WG.  The intent is to be
able to accurately convey what happened for those folks that couldn't
attend.  Handwritten minutes are fine as well - I'll even type them in
and email you your own notes!

The official guidelines are:

"The minutes must contain complete sentences, not phrases; outlines are
not acceptable.  Minutes should provide a thorough summary of the
issues discussed during the working group/BOF sessions. They should
not follow a "Mortimer said," then "Agnes said," then "Duane said,"
format, nor should they contain a detailed list of changes to a
document. While these forms may be helpful to the folks who actually
attend the sessions, they are less helpful to those who have a more
general interest in the groups' activities."

Also, a word to those of you making presentations: you must bring an
extra hard copy of your overheads for the secretariate to include in
the proceedings (and so the minute takers don't have to write down
their content), and sometime before the conclusion of the week, email
postscript and/or source form of your presentations to me so that I
can put them up for FTP and the secretariate can include them in the
electronic version of the proceedings.  You can also give them to me
on a floppy (Mac or PC format) instead of email.  The secretariate
also asked me to say that they like overheads with borders.  Please
check out http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/instructions/slides.html
for the official guidelines.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 15:25:56 -0500

Evi's message applies to the two joint sessions, which are both on the
mbone:

Andy
-------
In message <[email-masked]>, Evi Nemeth writes:
> and please get me postscript of any presentations that are to go on
> the mbone.  each slide needs to be < 32k for wb to be happy, i have
> tools to split them and can sometimes compress them to make them fit.
> but avoiding fancy company logos is the best way to make them fit.
> 
> if you are in an mbone session and your slides are done, please email
> me an ftp pointer or postscript now and indicate your session.  if
> they arent done yet, find us at the mbone carts well before your talk
> to get us the postscript.
> 
> thanks.
> 
> -evi