Subject: Re: info needed

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 94 13:17:44 +0100

>Failed to catch you for this at the IETF:
 >- during int-serv session I recall you made a comment about network
 >billing: "someone gave a presentation of network charging model at some
 >workshop which does not involve per packet accounting" (something to
 >that effect).

 >Who made this presentation?  Where can I get a copy of the paper?

Lixia,

i've cc'd others, coz several people ask me to stop mentioning this,
and start citing it propoerly:

Frank Kelly, director of the Statistics Laboratory, 
Department of Pure Maths and Methematical Statistics,
Cambridge University(16 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1SB, England)...
I guess if you write to the department & ask for a copy
of the paper he gave on 
"On Tariffs, policing and admission control for multiservice
networks", at the Multi-service Networks workshop, 1993,

see also
"Effective bandwidths at multi-class queues" in Queueing Systems 9,
5-16, 1991.

 jon