Subject: Re: (IPng) mechanisms for managing the flow ID field in IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 14:56:28 -0800

*> 
  *> Hence, I would like this to be discussed on IPng so I can participate as
  *> an IPv6 implementor building this stuff.  For the research, design, and
  *> future architecture needs of flows I understand the need for the other
  *> lists.  But disccussions like flow-ID caches at the transport for IPv6
  *> needs implementors of IPv6 in the discussion.  We are all here on IPng
  *> list so lets keep it here.
  *> 

Jim,

Actually, we AREN'T all here on the IPng list, for some values of we.

Bob Braden

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 94 23:49:52 -0500

Bob,

>Actually, we AREN'T all here on the IPng list, for some values of we.

Well I would hope if one is building IPv6 code they are on this list
because I don't think the specs are fine tuned at the level needed,
and the more implementors participating on IPng will make this process
get those specs fine tuned.   

/jim