Subject: MIBs

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:01:07 -0700

I have posted three MIBs, named:

    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/fred/ietf-documents/draft-ietf-int-serv-guaranteed-mib-00.txt
    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/fred/ietf-documents/draft-ietf-int-serv-mib-02.txt
    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/fred/ietf-documents/draft-ietf-rsvp-mib-02.txt

I believe that they address all of the issues that have been raised,
and would like us to discuss them and (if appropriate) advance them at
this meeting.

I missed the draft posting deadline, but I'll ask Cynthia to post
them.  The actual posting will probably happen after the IETF as a
result, but folks can get them at these URLs.

One quick comment: at the last meeting, Bob looked at the presentation
and got this awful look on his face that said "I haven't read these or
thought about them, and I need to." He suggested that these be
considered experimental.

That makes a lot of sense from a research perspective, but not much
from a vendor perspective. Noting that all Proposed Standards are
experiments of a sort, and unleashing RSVP in the internet is going to
be a grand experiment to say the least, I'd like us to consider making
them Proposed Standards. That will allow the RFC Editor to give us
other than an Experimental OID, which will allow the vendors to make
products based on them without having to worry about the OIDs changing
at some point in the future.