Subject: LA agenda items

From: [email-masked] (John Wroclawski)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:40:25 -0400

Hi Folks,

Here's a list of the expected agenda items for the LA int-serv meetings. If
you would like to speak about one of these topics, or if you have another
topic you would like to see discussed, please let Craig or myself know..

We have a total of three meetings, including a joint session with RSVP and
IP/ATM. The goal of that session is to discuss approaches and problems with
using the intserv/RSVP work on IP networks which include ATM resources, and
to figure out who should do what work. A tentative agenda for that session
has already been posted.

For the other two sessions, we have the following topics on the table. We
haven't yet decided on the order of discussion, other than that we will
discuss the controlled-load and guaranteed service documents in the
evening, multicast session.

- Guaranteed service document discussion/approval.

- Controlled load service document discussion/approval.

- Juha's draft guaranteed b/w service document presentation/discussion.

- Service discrimination for best-effort applications:
  Ways to provide useful categories of service for best-effort customers. What
  role should reservations play, and some other possible approaches.
  [Dave Clark, initial speaker]

- int-serv support for L2 objects (links, bridges, hubs, etc):
  What needs to be done, and who should do it.
  [JJ Krawczyk, initial speaker. We would still like to find additional
   speakers, particularly from the IEEE 802.x community, for this session]

- Int-Serv MIB:
  [work by JJ Krawczyk and Fred Baker]

- Int-Serv data object handling libraray:
  [John Wroclawski]

Again, if you would like to speak or propose a discussion topic, please let
us know..

                        -john