Subject: Danvers meeting agenda and goals

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:54:55 -0500

Dear servers,

The Integrated Services WG will hold two meetings at the Danvers
IETF. Both meetings will occur Tuesday, April 4th, one from 9:00 to
11:30 AM and one from 3:30 to 5:30 PM.

The primary goal of the meeting is to review and discuss four recently
posted internet-drafts (listed below) which describe a template for
defining QOS control services in the internet, and define three
candidate services using this template. At the meeting, we hope to
 - refine the definition of the service template, 
 - discuss the level of interest in and usefulness of the candidate
   services, and
 - discuss the detailed service definitions, to identify problems and
   areas where further work is required.

The meeting has some additional goals:
 - Introduce the topic of "advance reservations", and discuss whether
   this issue is within the scope of the group's activities,
 - quickly review current development activities and interest in this area,
 - present some outside research work related to int-serv.

Agenda:

Tues 9:00 - 11:30

- Quick overview of meetings

- Developer reports
	- Weinrib / Intel
	- Baker	/ cisco
	- Hoffman / Sun
	- possible TBD

- Discussion of Service Template document
	- Document Walkthrough by author
	- Discussion period

Tues 3:30 - 5:30

- Discussion of individual Service Specification documents
  In each case:
	- Document presentation by author
	- Discussion period.
	(due to the relative state of the documents, we expect
	 to devote less time to the details of the guaranteed
	 service, but the schedule is flexible)

- Advance Reservations
	- Introductory discussion
	- Advance reservation, predictive service and RSVP
	  Degermark / SICS
	- Steve Casner / ISI (tentative)

- Related Research Reports

	- QOS library for sockets
	  Florissi / Columbia
	- QOS services for CORBA
	  Zinky / BBN

- End

The internet drafts mentioned above are:

 draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-00.txt
 draft-ietf-intserv-control-del-svc-00.txt
 draft-ietf-intserv-predictive-svc-00.txt
 draft-ietf-intserv-guaranteed-svc-00.txt

(note that "draft-ietf-intserv-control-del-svc-00.txt" was previously
announced to this list as draft-ietf-intserv-controlled-delay-svc-00.txt")

Thanks, and see you in Danvers,

		-john w.