Subject: IEEE to standardize "Programmable Interfaces for Networks"

From: "Andrew T.Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:36:27 -0800

Folks:

I thought researchers interested in programmable broadband,
wireless and Internetworking technologies might be 
interested in this new IEEE initiative.

Best,
Andrew

--
Andrew T. Campbell  
http://comet.ctr.columbia.edu/~campbell
Wireless Media Systems Project 
http://comet.ctr.columbia.edu/wireless

Subject: important initiative
From: [email-masked] (Aurel A. Lazar)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:47:59 -0500 (EST)

I would like to bring to your attention that Columbia University,
Ericsson, ISS and NEC have submitted a Project Authorization Request
to IEEE to standardize "Programmable Interfaces for Networks".
The request was approved on Monday, December 8, 1997.

Because of its breadth and wide scope I believe this to be a key
development in networking. The standardization process will
potentially have an enormous impact on the design and implementation
of next generation network arhitectures.

Information about the proposal is available under "Standards" in the
OPENSIG home page (http://comet.columbia.edu/opensig).
Aurel