Subject: Re: latest draft of guaranteed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 96 10:39:56 PDT

*> 
  *> It isn't quite that simple.  One has to worry about cases in which some
  *> receivers want guaranteed and some want controlled load (in which case
  *> there are nifty problems of replacement).

Craig,

If I understand you, I thought we agreed some time ago that we WOULD
NOT worry about this, at least for now.  As I said in my note to Fred,
the ISI code explicitly disallows it.  If you want to allow it, the
int-serv documents need to tell us how to merge CL and G.

Bob

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 96 12:01:46 -0700

*> 
      *> It isn't quite that simple.  One has to worry about cases in which som
   e
      *> receivers want guaranteed and some want controlled load (in which case
      *> there are nifty problems of replacement).

    Craig,

Bob:

    Yes. As the later part of my note says, for the time being we've decided
to defer those issues.  So we are in complete agreement -- we don't do it
now.

Craig