Subject: RSVP Usage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 97 11:24:25 -0600

A couple months ago there was an effort to create a list of whom and 
     on what platforms RSVP was being implemented.  If you wanted the 
     information to be confidential you had the option.  What happened to 
     that effort?  It would be nice to see the results.
     
     Along the same line.  Would people within the RSVP community be 
     willing to share information on actual "production/commercial" usage.  
     How is it being used, what are the topologies, what are the 
     applications, how many users/streams, etc.  Feedback on 
     controlled-load vs guaranteed usage, scaleability issues, etc.  Are 
     they using RSVP along with IP multicast and RTP?  I think it would be 
     of benefit that we all have a better understanding of how all of the 
     RSVP efforts are really benefiting customers and users.  What are the 
     real world experiences beyond the implementation efforts?
     
     If there is enough response I would be willing to collect and organize 
     the information.  If people want to respond via a survey form, I am 
     willing to create on.  If you care to please share your experiences.
     
     Thanks, Jon
     [email-masked]