Subject: What if ?

From: Robert Buys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 18:14:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

	I try to imagine the behavior of a RSVP Network when
meeting congestion.

Preventive way:
Is there any guaranty that the User will respect his contract.
What happens if a source which negociated a certain QoS does not respect it and sends a more important flow? Are the packets just dropped and which ones?
Who in the reference model for the router is responsible for the source
policing (if it exist) and how ?

Reactive way:
UDP for example does not provide congestion control like TCP does.
Is there one way to control the rate of the source outside of the
transport ?

Robert BUYS
-- 
 __^__                                                                __^__
( ___ )--------------------------------------------------------------( ___ )
 | / | Robert BUYS                 E.N.S.T Paris                      | \ |
 | / | [email-masked]            http://www.enst.fr/~buys/          | \ |
 |_/_| [email-masked]            [email-masked]             |_\_|
(_____)--------------------------------------------------------------(_____)
   ^                                                                    ^

----- End Included Message -----