Subject: Future direction of the intserv WG?

From: Borje Ohlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 17:25:28 +0200

Hi! 

What is the future direction of the intserv WG? Reading the charter of 
the WG, there are no goals and milestones after 1996. 

The minutes of the intserv WG meeting in Montreal, June 1996, say the 
following about the future direction:

 "The meeting concluded with a brief discussion of the group's future
  direction.  Possibilities raised include going dormant until time for
  initial review of the existing proposed-standard work, addressing 
  remaining issues closely related to the present work (e.g., service 
  heterogeneity) before resting for a while, and refocusing activity on 
  aspects of integrated services intended to provide better support for 
  traditional best-effort applications."

Is there any recent information available about the plans of the WG? 
E.g. the RSVP applicability statement as well as the "Future Directions
of Differential Services" BOF, at the Memphis meeting, show that a
number of issues remain to be resolved in the Integrated Services area.
To which extent will these issues be addressed in the intserv WG?

Best regards,

Anders Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Börje Ohlman    <[email-masked]>

Ericsson Telecom
Stockholm
Sweden

---

From: Roch Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 97 13:58:16 -0400

>Is there any recent information available about the plans of the WG? =
>

I think these would be very valuable activities, and in general issues
related to aggregation and scalability are clearly of importance.

Roch