Subject: INT SERV at IETF

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 95 12:29:38 -0700

Hi folks:

    Since we're now a month away from IETF, I wanted to let you know how
things appear to be shaping up.
    
    In the next few days you will see a flurry of revised service documents.
The WG chairs have been actively revising them for the past two months. (One
document has gone through four drafts).  We've sent copies of one spec (the
controlled delay draft) to several reviewers to check that we're
on the right track and then revised all the service specs based on comments
we got on the controlled delay draft.

    Tentatively (assuming tomorrow's meeting of the WG chairs doesn't uncover
a problem), we expect to have three documents ready for consideration as
possible Proposed Standards at the WG meetings, namely:

    * the service template description

    * the controlled delay service specification

    * the guaranteed service specification

It is not clear if predictive service will be ready.

Another topic at the meeting will be MIBs.  Fred Baker and I have exchanged
a few notes about service MIBs and I want to discuss the various ideas and
get some feedback.

If there are other topics that people would like to bring up, let me know --
we'll be preparing the agenda later this week.

Thanks!

Craig

E-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]