Subject: Two announcements from the Tenet Group

From: "Amit Gupta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 1995 11:23:02 PDT

[My sincere apologies if you get multiple copies of this email: Amit]

The two announcements:

1. Source code of Tenet Real-Time Protocol Suite 1 available!!
2. New Tenet Group document available

====================================================================
The Tenet Group at UC Berkeley and ICSI announces the availability
of the source code of its Real-Time Protocol Suite 1. The suite
consists of three protocols (RMTP and RTIP for data delivery, RCAP
for guaranteed-performance channel establishment and teardown), which
have been designed to coexist with the Internet protocols. The source
code can be freely used for educational and research purposes without
a license; its commercial exploitation requires obtaining a license
from the Regents of the University of California, who own the copyright
to it. While RCAP runs in user mode, RMTP and RTIP are part of the
kernel; the code being distributed can be used on Ultrix 4.2A, Irix
4.0.5f, and BSD/OS 2.0. An OSF-1 version is in preparation.
The code is still being tested, and is therefore distributed as is,
without any promises it will run in your environment. It can be obtained
at URL:
   ftp://tenet.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/src/tenet-suite1-0.8.tar.Z
Licensing and installation information is included in the READ_ME file
that accompanies the code of the protocols.
For any questions or comments, please send e-mail to:
	[email-masked]

====================================================================

The Tenet Group at UC Berkeley and ICSI has issued the Spring 1995
edition of an 11-page document that describes its current work in the
area of real-time (i.e., guaranteed-performance) communication in
packet-switching internetworks and continuous-media networking
applications.

The document can be obtained through the World Wide Web at URL
http://tenet.berkeley.edu/tenet-blurb.html, or by anonymous ftp with URL 
ftp://tenet.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/doc/tenet-intro.ps

======================================================================