Subject: JHSN special issue on Multimedia Network (CFP)

From: Debanjan Saha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:51:55 -0400

Please feel free to circulate the CFP by any means you deem
appropriate.  Also, please excuse any multiple copies of this 
CFP you may receive due to your memberships in multiple mailing 
lists.

Thanks and regards,
Debanjan

                            CALL FOR PAPERS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     JOURNAL OF HIGH SPEED NETWORKS 
                            Special Issue On
                 	 Multimedia Networking 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rapid proliferation of multimedia applications has severely
strained an already overloaded networking infrastructure. In order 
to foster an environment for ubiquitous deployment of these
applications, it is imperative that we design and implement the next 
generation of network protocols and services  that provide scalable
end-to-end  support to networked multimedia applications. The purpose 
of this journal issue is to report on the latest  technological 
advances that will enable the development of such an infrastructure. 
The journal is looking for contributions in the following areas:

	o RSVP and integrated services in the Internet
	o Queue management in routers and switches
	o QoS signaling and routing in IP and ATM networks
 	o Audio/Video streaming, push and pull technologies
        o Multicasting and media scaling, rate control
	o Network conscious/adaptive applications and protocols
	o Application level framing, customizable protocol features
	o New applications, experimental protocols and systems 
	o Multimedia over cable modems/xDSL, wireless/satellite links
	o Traffic analysis, performance modeling and evaluation

Important Dates:
	Paper submission deadline:  	October 31, 1997.
	First Round of Reviews:		February 15, 1998
	Acceptance Notification:	March 30, 1998
	Expected Publication Date:	Summer, 1998

Please submit  4 copies of your paper to the editors of the special issue:

	Satish K. Tripathi			Debanjan Saha
	Dean and Johnson Chair Professor	Research Staff Member
	Bourns College of Engineering	        Room# H3-D32	
	University of California		IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
	Riverside, CA 92521-0425		Hawthorne, NY 10532

	Phone: (909) 787-6374			Phone: (914) 784-7194
	Fax:   (909) 787-3188			Fax:   (914) 784-6205
	Email: [email-masked]		Email: [email-masked]
						http://www.research.ibm.com/people/d/debanjan