Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-intserv-control-flow-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:38:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Measurement Based Admission Control 
                          Algorithm for Controlled-Load Service with 
                          a Reference Implementation Framework
	Author(s)	: L. Breslau, S. Jamin, C. Jin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-intserv-control-flow-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 09-Oct-97
	
   Controlled-Load Service provides data flows with an enhanced quality
   of service, in the form of low packet delay and a low probability of
   packet loss even under congestion.  A network element providing
   Controlled-Load Service can use an admission control algorithm to
   limit the number of data flows receiving the service.  In this
   document we describe an admission control algorithm for Controlled-
   Load Service.  This algorithm is not intended for IETF    standardization.  Rather, it is presented for informational purposes
   only.
 
   We also present a reference implementation framework for the
   measurement-based admission control algorithm.  Our implementation
   separates the measurement from the actual admission control decision
   to provide the flexibility of using different algorithms in bandwidth
   estimation and admission control.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-intserv-control-flow-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-control-flow-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-control-flow-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.