Subject: issues come from colip BoF (summary)

From: [email-masked] (Hiroshi Esaki)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 15:36:16 -0400

Hi all, 

Thank you for many people attending at a colip-atm BoF. 
But, I should say sorry for the uncleared discussions there..

I will try to clarify the issues raised in the BoF, in the 
following mails. 
Since the related working-groups mailing-lists have many discussion 
items, I wanted to discuss the following discussion items mainly at 
colip-atm-ML.  The participation and suggestins are very welcomed. 
This is because the discussion seems to be very related all working groups 
that I send this mail. 

The discussion items seems to be the following. (I will post 
the detail in the separate mails.) 

  (1) How to provide large scale soft-state-type (i.e. RSVP) multicast 
      over a large data-link (e.g. ATM) cloud. 
         --> related with rsvp, rolc and ipoveratm.  

  (2) Packet flow mapping with data-link pipe and pacet flows 
      aggregation into data-link pipe.   Also, how to provide 
      a dynamic QoS requirement and T-spec changing during a 
      session over the connection oriented data-link platform
      (QoS negotiatin is besically connection-by-connection). 
          --> related with int-serv and ipoveratm. 

  (3) New protocol associated with the efficient interaction 
      between transport/network layer and connection-oriented 
      data-link platform (e.g. Frame Relay or ATM).
          --> related with int-serv, rolc and ipoveratm 

Best Regards, 

Hiroshi Esaki 
c/o CTR, Columbia Univerity 

P.S. you can subscribe to colip-atm-ML by 
        [email-masked] 
     and discussion is by 
        [email-masked]