Subject: 802.1 MM Taskforce

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 11:21:20 EDT

Dear IETF Integrated Services Working Group:

Your memo entitled "Integrated Services in the Internet Architecture: an
Overview" was avidly read by our membership, and I agree we have some common
interests.   

If any of your members are going to be in the Orlando area during the week of
11 July, we'd appreciate an update of your activities.    The Multimedia
Taskforce will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week.  The Tuesday
session isusually set aside  for presentations.

Your members should also feel free to participate in our mailing list.   To
join, e-mail to [email-masked].

Our current efforts are to define the new requirements  to support realtime
multimedia services on 802 type LANs in terms of LLC primatives.  Your
'Overview" will help us understand the directions your group is headed.   

From my perspective both groups are moving towards the same goal and are
using  approximately the same thought process to get there.  It would be
 excellent if we could get closure which would allow bridges, routers and
switches to provide a cohesive set of services which would allow a sane
migration across all platforms and products.

Steve Cooper
Chairman, IEEE 802.1 Multimedia Taskforce