Subject: Current DC Agenda Status

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 15:45:04 -0500

Hi,

Here is the current status of the intserv meeting in Washington. As a
reminder, this meeting is scheduled for 9:30-11:30 Monday morning, right
after the opening remarks. You'll notice that time is beyond tight, so
please try to get to the meeting room as quickly as you can. Thanks!

Intserv WG Agenda - Monday 9:30 - 11:30 AM

9:30	John Wroclawski
	Intro and meeting agenda

9:40	Dave Clark
	Comments related to <draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-00.txt>

9:55	Paul Ferguson
	Comments related to <draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt>

10:10	Juha Heinanen
	Comments related to <draft-heinanen-diff-tos-octet-01.txt>

10:20	Jean-Yves Le Boudec
	Comments related to <draft-almesberger-srp-00.txt>

10:30	Zheng Wang
	Comments related to <draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt>

10:45	Kilkki Kalevi
	Why more than one level of preference?

10:50	Stephen Blake
	Comments related to <draft-blake-diffserv-marking-00.txt> and
	<draft-ellesson-tos-00.txt>

11:05	Discussion

As part of their presentations, I've asked (most of) the speakers to talk
about their views of

 - what problem(s) diffserv is trying to solve
 - what technical work should be taken now in the IETF
 - what technical work should not be taken now, but will likely be
   important in the future
 - what they think is completely out of scope

Any concensus we can create on these issues will help us to plan the next
steps the group takes, so please be prepared to bring your views on them to
the discussion..

See you there,

-john

---

From: chris hrut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 11:16:52 -0800

John,

We will have two people in DC, Frank Lee and George Wong. Last year we
made a presentation at this conference but at this time our company was
much smaller. Right now we unify over 200 Telcos and major ISPs into the
global managed network by providing the Clearinghouse services across
this Alliances (GRIC) for eg. Internet Roaming, Fax, Telephony...and
soon QoS.

We announced a number of GRIC-Ready API and other technology alliances
eg. with Cisco, Ascend, BayNetworks, Lucent, Siemens...in order to
create a de-facto industry standard for such a clearinghouse operations.
This helps Telcos and ISPs to deploy new revenue generating services on
a global basis.

Looks like this year agenda is very interesting.

Best Regards
Chris

--
Christopher B. Hrut
Director, Business and
New Product Development
AimQuest Corporation
Tel.: (408) 965-1135
Fax.: (408) 955-1968
[email-masked]
http://www.aimquest.com