Subject: ipatm, rolc, and joint LA session agendas

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 12:15:38 -0500

It's coming time to put together the working group agendas for the
upcoming IETF meeting.  In addition to the regular ipatm and rolc
sessions, there will also be two additional joint sessions which have
been added to compensate for the lack of time we had in Dallas to
discuss some specific multidisciplinary issues, and to allow people
with the appropriate interest and expertise to attend.

rolc will be meeting in two sessions, on Monday 3/4 at 1300-1500 and
1530-1730.

ipatm will also be meeting in two sessions, on Tuesday 3/5 at
1300-1500 and Wednesday 3/6 at 1300-1500.

There will be a joint ipatm/rsvp/intserv meeting on Wednesday 3/6 at
1530-1730 to discuss how best to carry IP traffic with particular
Quality of Service requirements (other than the usual best effort)
through an ATM network.  We expect to discuss such topics as how (or
whether) to use RSVP, how to map to ATM signaling, etc.

There will be a joint ipatm/rolc/ipng joint session on Thursday 3/7 at
1300-1500 to discuss how to best carry IPv6 over ATM and other NBMA
(non-broadcast, multiple access) networks.  The major issues include
how to best provide IPv6 functionality such as neighbor discovery and
address resolution.

Please respond, either publicly or privately, if you have specific
topics and/or internet drafts you would like to put on any of the
above agendas.  I will forward all mail I receive to the appropriate
WG chairs.  I've included the internet draft deadline notice below as
a gentle reminder.

I will be on vacation from 2/16 - 2/26, but I will try to get out (at
the very least) a draft rolc agenda to the list by 2/15.

Regards,
Andy

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce:;
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Internet-Draft CUTOFF Date
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 96 09:58:59 -0500
From: Cynthia Clark <[email-masked]>

The cut-off for Internet-Draft submissions prior to the Los Angeles IETF
meeting is Thursday, February 22, 1996 at 5pm ET. Internet-Drafts
received after this time will not be announced nor made available in
the Internet-drafts Directories.

We will begin processing Internet-Draft submissions the week
following the IETF meeting.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Please do not
hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Cynthia Clark
Internet-Drafts Administrator

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Yukinori Goto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:55:16 +0900

Dear ip-atm menbers,

  If there is enough time in ipatm session on Tuesday 3/5, I would like to 
present SINP (Session Identity Ntification Protocol). 

SINP has been published Internet-Draft draft-goto-sinp-01.txt.
  
  I think that, when we reserve network resources to guarantee of QoS 
using RSVP, we must correspond VC and QoSed flow, and this matter 
occurs in not only Conventional IP over ATM but also Classical IP over ATM
with NHRP. Therefore we need SINP to correspond VC and QoSed flow. 

Best regards,
=====================================================
 Yukinori Goto <[email-masked]>
     Graduate School of Information Science,
     Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
=====================================================

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 19:01:54 JST

Andy;

> above agendas.

I'd like to discuss lose of multicast scalability caused by NHRP.

It could be discussed in ipatm, ipatm/rsvp/intserv or ipatm/rolc/ipng
meeting, I think.

I'll prepare an ID (2 or 3 pages long, I think) before 2/22 deadline.

							Masataka Ohta

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:53:03 -0500

Yuri,

>   If there is enough time in ipatm session on Tuesday 3/5, I would
> like to present SINP (Session Identity Ntification Protocol).

Thanks for your request.  This probably fits in best for the joint
ipatm/rsvp/intserv meeting on Wednesday 3/6.

Regards,
Andy

---

From: FUJIKAWA Kenji <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 23:33:47 +0900

Dear ip-atm members,

I'm a newcomer in this ML, 
but I would like to join the IETF meeting and to present ``IP-SVC'',
which establishes VCs dynamically in an ATM network 
with IP signaling packets.

IP-SVC is effective,
1) where various vendors' ATM switchs and NICs are used 
   and SVC is not available.
2) when SVC is needed through public ATM networks.
3) even if SVC is available.
   Because SVC can only be used for The Classical Model or LANE.
   IP-SVC enables you to carry out various experiments.

I'm developing IP-SVC
in cooperation with OHTA Masataka and GOTO Yukinori.
The Conventional Model using SINP 
is now being developed on an IP-SVC system.

If there remains available time in ipatm session on Tuesday 3/5, 
I woud like you to add my IP-SVC presentation 
just before GOTO's SINP presentation.

Best regards,
---------------------------------------------------------
FUJIKAWA Kenji @  Dept. of Info. Sci., Kyoto Univ., Japan
                TEL +81 075-753-5387 FAX +81 075-751-0482
                       e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Yukinori Goto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 03:42:51 +0900

Dear Andy,

> ipatm/rsvp/intserv meeting on Wednesday 3/6.

  I agree to your comment. I will discuss on Wednesday.
 
Regards,