Subject: request for help (DoD folks)

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 22:47:31 -0700

Any DOD'ers want to volunteer here?

Thanks!

Craig

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 15:41:27 EST
From: Greg Scott <[email-masked]>
Subject: Request for help in getting involved.

Hello,

I am the current chair of the DoD's Data Communications Protocol
Standards Technical Management Panel Lower Layer Working Group
(DTMP WG1).  With the possible policy change regarding GOSIP and
the Internet Protocol Suite, we have been directed to develop
working relationships with the IETF.  The mailing list of this
message consists of those identified as chairs of several IETF
working groups addressing lower layer issues.  

What I am asking for is to be put in contact with or directed to
any individuals from DoD organizations that are participating in
your WG.  These individuals will be asked to serve as the eyes,
ears and voice for those DTMP WG1 members who do not have the
funding available to attend the IETF itself.

I understand that anyone agreeing to do this would not be
recognized within the IETF as the DoD Rep or as presenting the DoD
position.  However, the point of this is not to get the IETF to
recognize the DoD as an organization.  Rather its to have someone
serve as a conduit for technical information exchange between the
DTMP and the IETF.  

Thanks for any help you may be able to give,

Greg Scott
DISA, JIEO, CFS
908-532-7726