Subject: ATM Forum Liaison to IETF

From: [email-masked] (George Dobrowski)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 09:24:12 EDT

ATMF/96L-017

The ATM Forum has formally approved the Traffic Management (TM) v4.0 and the
Private Network Network Interface (PNNI) v1.0 specifications.

The ATM Forum understands that the IETF has undertaken a task of defining 
Integrated Services over ATM. In order to foster cooperation between the
ATM Forum and the IETF, the ATM Forum is making its TM 4.0 specification 
available to the IETF. We also understand that there is considerable interest
in the PNNI v1.0 spec as well. 

The TM v4.0 spec is now available by anonymous FTP (and will also shortly
be available via web) from the ATM Forum server (ftp.atmforum.com/pub/).
Within this directory, under approved-specs, af-tm-0056.000, both zip
compressed and Postscript files available. PNNI specification (af-pnni-0055.000) 
will be posted here shortly, but I didn't want to further delay sending this
liaison out until is was available. You will find other directories 
that may be of interest such as "specs" where the approved LANE specifications 
(af-lane-0021.000 and af-lane-0044.000) will be found. In addition, "mpoa" and
"contributions" directories contain key documents regarding work in progress. 
Please note that these directories are still under construction as we restructure 
and make all of the ATM Forum approved specifications publicly available as well
as selected contributions. 

George Dobrowski
Chairman ATM Forum Technical Committee