Subject: Re: new C-L; very minimal change

From: [email-masked] (Billy Ng)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 22:43:04 -0500

> From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi,
> I posted a new version of the controlled-load spec to
> ftp://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/pub/intserv/drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-ctrl-load-svc-04
> .txt and internet-drafts. The only change from the previous version is
> tweaks to the ordering and merging words needed to match the current
> RSVP-USE spec.
> 
> -john
> 
> 
> 

john,

The ftp server is not anonymous accessible and the internic does not have
this version.

--Billy

---

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:00:09 -0500

>The ftp server is not anonymous accessible and the internic does not have

Hi,
The FTP server is anonymous accessable although it may insist on being able
to reverse-resolve your IP address. I just tried it (from a non-MIT
account) to be sure. If you still can't get it to work please send along
the exact error so we can try and figoure out why. I assume the internic
will get the new files as soon as they get through the submission queue.

-john

---

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:12:48 -0500

At 3:00 PM -0500 11/27/96, John Wroclawski wrote:
>to reverse-resolve your IP address.

Following up my own note: lotta complaints about problems caused by this.
We've turned it off. If you still have trouble getting to the FTP server on
mercury.lcs.mit.edu (this is the server that holds ISSLL and INTSERV
drafts), please let me know directly, and enclose the error message if you
can.

thanks,
-john

---

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:12:48 -0500

thanks,
-john