Subject: How do I compute Ctot e Dtot ?

From: Simon Pietro ROMANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 20:30:58 +0200

We're developing an integrated services model based on IP 
Switching. 
We're focusing our attention on the guaranteed service case. 
In order to make an "intelligent" choice between switching and routing
for a particular flow, we need to determine the values of the 
error terms (C and D) for both cases.
How can we determine the values of these parameters in the ATM
case when using either WFQ or FIFO scheduling ?  

Thanks ,

Simon
-- 

==================================================================
SIMON PIETRO ROMANO  - Via F. Fracanzano 20 , 80127  Napoli
tel. +39-81-5600599 ;+39-81-5799384  ;  fax  +39-81-5799384              
Actuellement: 24, Rue St. Sulpice, Paris ; tel. +33-1-43.25.92.96.
e-mail : [email-masked] ;  [email-masked] 
==================================================================

---

From: Roch Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 97 18:05:36 -0400

I would recommend that you take a look at section 3.2 of
draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-02.txt as it does contain
relevant information.  Mark and I had lengthy discussions
on this issue, and I can try to answer questions you may
have.
Roch