Subject: documents

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:40:00 -0500

Hi folks,
I've heard very little comment about the revised characterization and
rsvp-use documents I sent to the list a week or so ago. Also, apparently
some folks received only the characterizations note.. So let me bother you
again briefly.

The new characterization parameters draft is available as
ftp://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/pub/intserv/drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-charac-02.txt
This is the note that defines the "general" parameters used by more than
one intserv service. The revisions in this draft are to clarify the points
raised at  the last IETF, and to match it up with the RSVP-use draft. The
WG has already agreed to submit this note (with the changes above) as a
standards-track RFC, so unless there are substantial objections it will go
to the AD very shortly.

The new RSVP-use draft is available as
ftp://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/pub/intserv/drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-rsvp-use-01.txt
This is the glue note between RSVP and intserv services. The revisions in
this draft were made to fix a couple of speciifc problems brought up on the
list, and to simplify the formatting rules which were causing people
trouble. This note needs a two-week WG last call before it can be submitted
for RFC publication. I propose to start counting the two weeks from
tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 8th, and send the note with any changes to Allison
on Nov 22 (obviously unless some unresolvable thing comes up).

As a side comment, I rolled the earlier "data encoding" note into an
appendix of the RSVP-use note. Too many little pieces of paper..

Thanks,
-john