Subject: Internet Draft on state aggregation

From: Steven Berson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:15:47 -0800 (PST)

I have submitted an updated Internet Draft entitled ``Aggregation of
Internet Integrated Services State,'' but I have not seen it show up
on the server.  The I-D is available on my web page,

	http://www.isi.edu/~berson/

in both text and postscript formats.  I inlcude the abstract below

   The Internet Integrated Services (IIS) architecture[2] has a
   fundamental scaling problem in that per flow state is maintained at
   all routers and end-systems supporting a flow.  This paper examines
   the use of aggregation as a technique to reduce the amount of state
   needed to provide IIS.  In our approach, routers at the edge of a
   region doing aggregation keep detailed IIS state, while in the
   interior of this region, routers keep a greatly reduced amount of
   state.  Packets will be tagged at the edge with scheduling
   information that will be used in place of the detailed IIS state.
   The aggregation scheme described will allow large scale deployment of
   IIS without overloading routers with state and associated processing.

Steve