Subject: Re: Danvers meeting agenda and goals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 12:19:15 -0800

*> 	- Advance reservation, predictive service and RSVP
  *> 	  Degermark / SICS
  *> 	- Steve Casner / ISI (tentative)
  *> 

John,

I think it makes more sense to have the "and RSVP" part of the
discussion in the RSVP WG, including Degermark and Casner.
The "predictive service" part clearly belongs in int-serv.

Bob Braden

---

From: "Amit Gupta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 13:02:18 PST

Hi Bob
 
 :  *> 	- Advance reservation, predictive service and RSVP
 :  *> 	  Degermark / SICS
 :  *> 	- Steve Casner / ISI (tentative) 
 :I think it makes more sense to have the "and RSVP" part of the
 :discussion in the RSVP WG, including Degermark and Casner.
 :The "predictive service" part clearly belongs in int-serv.

 I would have really liked participating in this discussion; in particular, I 
could have talked about our experiences from implementing advance reservation 
service for performance guaranteed channels in Tenet Suite 2, the interactions 
between advance reservations and "resource sharing" (somewhat like the filters 
of RSVP), and the performance numbers from the Suite 2 implementation 
(connection setup time similar for advance and non-advance channels). 

 Unfortunately, due to the conflict with INFOCOM, I will not be able to attend 
this meeting; I can, however, provide pointers to a few papers/presentations

 (a) A Technical Report describing our advance reservation techniques 
      URL=http://http.cs.berkeley.edu:80/~amit/research/Postscript/adv-icsi.ps
 (b) A presentation about some (old) simulation results (June 94)
URL=http://http.cs.berkeley.edu:80/~amit/research/Presentations/advance-9405.ps

 I will really appreciate any comments/suggestions/feedback on the above.

 thanks

 -amit