Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 11:26:21 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services Working 
 Group of the IETF.                                                        

       Title     : Network Element Service Specification Template          
       Author(s) : S. Shenker, J. Wroclawski
       Filename  : draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt
       Pages     : 22
       Date      : 11/27/1996

This document defines a framework for specifying services provided by 
network elements, and available to applications, in an internetwork which 
offers multiple qualities of service. The document first provides some 
necessary context -- including relevant definitions and suggested data 
formats -- and then specifies a "template" which service specification 
documents should follow. The specification template includes per-element 
requirements such as the service's packet handling behavior, parameters 
required and made available by the service, traffic specification and 
policing requirements, and traffic ordering relationships.  It also 
includes evaluation criteria for elements providing the service, and 
examples of how the service might be implemented (by network elements) and 
used (by applications).                                                    

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  nic.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.