Subject: This list does exist

From: braden (Bob Braden)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 16:56:54 -0800

Scott, and other friends,

The [email-masked] list is alive.  There just isn't much traffic.

Why not, you ask?  Well, I suspect it is because those who were
sitting in a corner trying to draw straws to determine who would
chair the int-serv working group are still sitting there, as far
as I know.  Well, you know the old saying, "There is no December".
Maybe January will breath new life into them.

How deep is the snow in Ithaca?

Bob

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 94 17:15:03 -0800

>    as I know.
    
    The straws were drawn and here's the structure:

    I am to be the WG Chair and responsible for keeping the process running,
dealing with administrivia, getting documents edited, etc.

    We have three "co-chairs" who are responsible for helping me and for
working as liaisons with various interest communities.  (As one might expect,
Integrated Services touches on just about everything -- from queueing
theory, to charging models, to network service providers, to cable TV,
to educating CIOs and gurus, etc.  I can't both run the process and do the
outreach and education to the additional communities).  The three co-chairs
are Dave Clark, Scott Shenker, and John Wroclawski.

    The delay in WG is solely due to a delay in getting the WG charter to
Allison (she knows it is coming and knows about the management structure).
Getting the charter finished up was affected by the holidays.  I hope to
have it ready soon.

Thanks!

Craig

PS: I will warn folks that one of my plans as chair is hold meetings at
more than IETFs.  Regular teleconferences will be part of the process.
We have far too much business to meet only thrice a year (and a lot of us
have prior commitments to the Tokyo Interop which will limit the effectiveness
of the summer IETF meeting).