Subject: quick minutes from INT SERV meetings

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 95 13:09:43 -0800

Hi folks:

This is a quick summary of the results from the INT SERV meetings at
IETF this week.  NOTE: one result was the plan to hold an interim meeting
in early January to deal with any lingering issues on two drafts.

In brief, we decided to quickly (in the next week), revise the following
documents and send them out for review as candidates for Proposed Standard:

    FlowSpec/AdSpec.  John Wroclawski is to make minor modifications and
    issue the week of December 11th.

    Guaranteed Service.  Roch Guerin is to create a version that includes
    a slack term and issue it by December 15th.  If people like it, we'll
    use that version, otherwise we'll use the existing version.  In either
    case, an appendix is to be added with RSVP message formats.

    Controlled Load.  John Wroclawski is to edit to make policing policy
    more clear and issue by December 8th.  NOTE: SINCE THIS DOCUMENT
    WAS NEW AT THIS IETF, IT IS PARTICULARLY CRUCIAL THAT EVERYONE REVIEW
    IT.  There was agreement at IETF that it was not wildly different in
    approach than a simplified form of controlled delay, but I would like
    to make sure everyone in the WG has a chance to review it carefully.

    General Characterization Parameters. Craig Partridge is to figure
    out what the current view on this document is.

The following document is to become informational RFCs:

    Service Template.

The following documents are being held for later consideration:

    Controlled Delay Service.

    Predictive Service.

    MIB.

Craig