Subject: new guaranteed draft

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 97 09:20:25 -0800

Hi Everyone:

A brief comment about the latest draft.

It has three changes, in response to comments received (esp. from the
IESG).  They are:

    * I've added a lot of verbiage at the front about the service.  Basically
    this is to satisfy IESG questions about the service (their desire for
    an applicability statement).  If it wasn't in this document, it would
    be in a companion RFC -- which I thought was a bad idea (I'd prefer
    everything together).

    * I changed the definition of merged TSpec to match RSVP's and added
    the notion of a least common TSpec.

    * I added a small note about what non-reshaping routers can do to
    detect non-conformant traffic (re: a query from JJ).

I believe all these changes are sufficiently trivial that no one will
have an objection.

If you do have any comments, please send them to me in the next couple of
days -- I want to tell the IESG early next week that this document, having
been revised per IESG request, is now ready for Proposed Standard.

Thanks!

Craig