Subject: ST2 commercial vendors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 23:22:59 -0400

Please let me know how I can obtain a list of the commercial vendors that are
currently implementing (or have plans to implement in 1996) the ST2 or RSVP
protocol.

In the absence of such a list, please respond with identifying vendors which
you know are (or will be in 1996) implementing the above protocol.

Thanks for your help,

--- David

---

From: [email-masked] (Fred Baker)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 03:43:33 -0700

>currently implementing (or have plans to implement in 1996) the ST2 or RSVP

This week, Intel, Sun, SGI, Starlight, Cisco, and Bay Networks have been
showing prototype RSVP implementations at InterOp.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
So Bill Gates has paid Mick and the boys 12 million dollars to use "Start Me
Up" to sell Windows 95.

For those who don't know the song, it's the one that goes "You make a grown
man cry...".

Food for thought

---

From: [email-masked] (Ari Ollikainen)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 07:01:50 PDT

> showing prototype RSVP implementations at InterOp.

	At the InterOp in LostWages, some of these vendors were showing 
	the same prototypes... Syzygy had an ST2 implementation running 
	in the BayNetworks booth which was piping one of the StarTrek
	movies from a laserdisc player attached to a workstation with an 
	MJPEG encoder card to a 27inch NTSC monitor attached to another 
	workstation with an MJPEG decoder. The image quality and frame rate 
	were a close match to a direct video connection between the laserdisc
	player and a TV...

[email-masked] _/_/   _/_/_/_/    _/  Ari Ollikainen          {VOX: 510 423-5962}
        _/  _/   _/     _/   _/  Energy Sciences Network  {FAX: 510 423-8744}
     _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/    _/  National Energy Research Supercomputer Center 
   _/     _/   _/     _/   _/  Lawrence  Livermore  National  Laboratory
 _/      _/   _/       _/ _/  MailStop L-561, PO BOX 5509, Livermore, CA. 94551
~~RECOM Technologies Inc.~~