Subject: bug in data formats I-D

From: John Wroclawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 14:26:03 -0500

Hi folks,
Dave Clark points out that there is a bug in one of the examples
presented in "draft-ietf-intserv-data-encoding-00.txt" which I posted
yesterday. In the first example, the "RSpec" field is aligned to a 32
bit boundary instead of being packed to a 16 bit boundary.  My
apologies; last-minute editing strikes again. Corrected text below.

			-john

-------

   Shown below is an example message carrying both a TSpec (parameter 1)
   and RSpec (parameter 2) for service number 2. This message might be
   contained within a FLOWSPEC object in the RSVP protocol.

        31           24 23           16 15            8 7             0
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       | 0 (a) |    Unused             |            5 (b)              |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     2 (c)     |    4 (d)      |    1 (e)      |     0 (f)     |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       | 16-bit TSpec field            |      zero padding             |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                    32-bit TSpec field                         |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       | 16-bit TSPec field            | 16-bit TSpec field            |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     2 (g)     |    0 (h)      |      16-bit RSpec field       |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     (a) - Version number (0)
     (b) - Overall length (5 words not including header)
     (c) - Service header, service number 2
     (d) - Length of per-service data, 4 words not including header
     (e) - Parameter ID, parameter 1 (TSpec)
     (f) - Parameter 1 flags (none set)
     (g) - Parameter ID, parameter 2
     (h) - Parameter 2 flags (none set)