Subject: interim meetings?

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 96 09:44:32 -0800

Hi folks:

I've been holding off in the hopes that we could wrap up the controlled
load and guaranteed drafts on-line but I'm not seeing a clear answer
pop out of the list to the two key questions in front of us, namely:

    * which version of guaranteed (with or without slack term) do people
    want?

    * is controlled load ready to go forward?

We had wanted to get these questions wrapped up before the March IETF.

I'm now writing to see if there's any interest in holding a couple of
interim meetings (perhaps via telephone if the groups are small enough)
to nail down controlled load and guaranteed before IETF.  Or do we wait til
March....?

Thanks!

Craig

E-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 21:04:06 -0500

>     * is controlled load ready to go forward?

I don't see the issue of real-time vs adaptive real time vs elastic
addressed.  A controlled load reservation for elastic traffic should
be supported.  There was no response to the idea of using zero, NAN or
positive infinity to indicate elastic traffic.  Adaptive real time is
a separate issue which I'm not offering any solution for.  It might be
that nothing further is needed for adaptive real time (it just gets
policed and adapts to the detection of loss).

Curtis