Subject: RE: RSVP Usage

From: Luca Salgarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:42:01 +0200

Dear Bob and Jon:

I'm a member of the committee.

> I did fire up such a effort, staffed with volunteers.  I have seen the
> their initial output, a list of some 16 or so implementations.  I have
> asked them to publish at least this list ASAP, and I am frustrated
that
> it has not happened.  Since they are volunteers, I guess we have to
> be patient (says he, tapping his foot!).

First of all, sorry for the delay, but, as you say, we are only
volounteers, and it took a while to have answers from implementors.
The commitee is finalizing its effort, and should submit (to Bob, for
final editing) the final results of the survey by the end of this week.

If all is ok, you should see the results published next week.

> BTW, implementations of integrated services might be a DIFFERENT
survey
> from implementations of RSVP?

In principle, yes. But we have included in our questionnaire specific
questions related to int-serv (issues like 'Which int-serv services does
your implementation support?', ...).
So the results should include data relevant both to rsvp and to
int-serv. 

Best regards

Luca
_________________
 Luca Salgarelli
 CEFRIEL / Politecnico di Milano, Via Cozzi 53, I-20126 Milano (Italy)
 tel: +39-2-66.161.257    or    +39-2-66.161.1
 fax: +39-2-66.100.448
 e-mail: [email-masked]
-- ATTENTION: CEFRIEL IS MOVING
-- THE ADDRESS ABOVE IS VALID ONLY UNTIL JULY 28, 1997
-- STARTING FROM AUGUST 4, 1997, CEFRIEL'S ADDRESS WILL BE
-- THE FOLLOWING:
--                    via Fucini 2, I-20133 Milano (Italy)
-- E-MAIL AND INTERNET ADDRESSES WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED
-- NEW PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS WILL BE ADVERTISED ASAP