Subject: Re: ipatm, rolc, and joint LA session agendas

From: Steve Jackowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 11:24:19 PST

Andy,

 I'd like to do a presentation in the ipatm/joint rsvp/ipatm/intsrv 
meeting on a proposed informational RFC I've submitted entitled Native 
ATM in the Internet.  

In it I examine the use of reservation protocols and why they are 
necessary for ATM, then describe the implementation that we did for a 
major PTT using ST-2 as the reservation protocol.  I give examples of 
signalling mapping, mapping of multicast in a scalable fashion, and 
mapping of QoS parameters.  

Much of what we learned in developing this commercial product would be 
of benefit to the implementation of any reservation protocol in an ATM 
environment.  However, I must point out that the connection-oriented, 
origin-oriented, hard state nature of ST makes it much easier to 
implement than rsvp (work is in process here as well).

Ideally I'd like 20 minutes, but could summarize it in ten.

Let me know.

Steve

-------------------------------------
Name: Steve Jackowski
E-mail: [email-masked] (Steve Jackowski)
Phone: (408) 439-6834
Date: 02/15/96
Time: 11:24:19

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------