Subject: Last Call and Applicability Statement

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 03:25:46 EST

RSVP and Integrated Services WGs:

I just requested the IETF Secretariat to issue a Last Call for your
specifications.  It will be in force during the Memphis meeting,
certainly in spirit.  I expect the end date of the Last Call to be two
weeks after Memphis.  Scott Bradner assumes the primary AD-ship for
the Last Call on the Thursday of Memphis week.

The Last Call points to the ID14 base specification.  We based this
decision on the mailing list discussions of the proposed ID15.  We
perceived a consensus there to stay with ID14, which matches my own
analysis that the incompatible changes were not needed to fix flaws in
the spec at this time.

The applicability statement (draft-ietf-rsvp-intsrv-analysis-00.txt)
was authored jointly by the TSV and Ops ADs, the RSVP WG chairs, and
some WG contributors. It is in for the Last Call review as well.  The
RSVP WG chairs have given the ADs time during the first Memphis RSVP
session to lead a discussion of this document.

Onward and Upward,

Allison

----------
Specifications to be included in Last Call 

Applicability Statement

1. Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) -- Version 1
   Applicability Statement
        draft-ietf-rsvp-intsrv-analysis-00.txt

   (this draft is submitted for Informational status)

Proposed Standard

2. Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) -- 
   Version 1 Functional Specification
        draft-ietf-rsvp-spec-14.txt 

3. RSVP Cryptographic Authentication
        draft-ietf-rsvp-md5-02.txt

4. RSVP Management Information Base
        draft-ietf-rsvp-mib-05.txt

5. RSVP Extensions for IPSEC Data Flows
        draft-berger-rsvp-ext-07.txt

6. The Use of RSVP with IETF Integrated Services 
        draft-ietf-intserv-rsvp-use-01.txt

7. Specification of the Controlled-Load Network Element Service
        draft-ietf-intserv-ctrl-load-svc-04.txt

8. Specification of Guaranteed Quality of Service 
        draft-ietf-intserv-guaranteed-svc-07.txt

9. Integrated Services Management Information Base 
        draft-ietf-intserv-mib-05.txt

10. Integrated Services Management Information Base 
    Guaranteed Service Extensions 
        draft-ietf-intserv-guaranteed-mib-03.txt

Informational

11. Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) -- 
    Version 1 Message Processing Rules
        draft-ietf-rsvp-procrules-00.txt 

    (a required but mutable text that gives additional guidance
     to implementors of the RSVP specification, 2)

12. Network Element Service Specification Template 
        draft-ietf-intserv-svc-template-03.txt

    (a required text that explains the method of
     specification of services, 7 and 8)

13. General Characterization Parameters for Integrated 
    Service Network Elements
        draft-ietf-intserv-charac-02.txt

     (a required text defining certain common parameters
      of 6, 7 and 8)