Subject: [100attendees] Fwd: side-meeting on IETF Outreach: Tues 12pm lunchtime in Orchard

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 20:52:16 -0500

Please join me for a discussion on IETF Outreach and how to do an
IETF-focused tech-talks meet-up in your community.

How can we better grow the IETF?  What communities could you help reach
into? How do we articulate the value of participating in the IETF?

We'll be meeting in Orchard on Tuesday starting at 12pm.  It is a
bring-your-own-lunch.

I hope to see you there!

Regards,
Alia

P.S.  See https://trac.ietf.org/trac/edu/wiki/Outreach  for some context
and related drafts.

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:04:51 +0000

Hi,

A bunch of us are in orchard but it's pretty empty. Has the meeting moved?

Best,

Corinne

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 01:52 Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 100attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/100attendees
>
-- 
Corinne Cath
Ph.D. Candidate, Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath
Email: [email-masked] & [email-masked]
Twitter: @C_Cath

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:29:17 -0500

Oh dear!  We were in the first Orchard room on the right.  I'd be delighted
to chat another time.  When could work?

On Nov 14, 2017 12:05 PM, "Corinne Cath" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

Best,

Corinne

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:39:30 +0800

Hi Alia,
I've missed the talk, sorry. One suggestion I'd make is to broadcast,
advertise and repeat that IETF is community of individual contributors and
no corporate membership is required to participate in the work, to write
drafts, to work on drafts with others. I've been surprised that there's
still misunderstanding on that part and that holds back some from sharing
and contributing their expertise.

Regards,
Greg

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Oh dear!  We were in the first Orchard room on the right.  I'd be
> delighted to chat another time.  When could work?
>