Subject: [100attendees] CFP: PechaKucha at IETF-100

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 12:36:18 -0500

Thinking about doing a PechaKucha in the past and never had time.  **NOW 
IS THE TIME!**

Come share your favorite stories, rants, or calls to action with your 
colleagues at IETF-100.  If you have a topic about which you are 
passionate, you can give a PechaKucha. (Here are two of my personal 
favorites by 
[Pete](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4) 
and [Brian](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4), 
although there are many other excellent examples.)

What is a PechaKucha, you ask? A PechaKucha is a lightning-talk 
presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 
image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance 
automatically.  With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of 
forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief.

This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related 
and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  
Anyone can participate in this social event.

Video from the Berlin, Seoul, Chicago, and Prague PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, 
primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds).
* There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a 
good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 09:38:28 -0500

Should have mentioned this yesterday: we’re a bit under critical mass 
to hold a pechakucha in Singapore.  If you are on the fence, be brave 
and step up.  It’s fun and you’ll get as friendly a reception as 
possible at an IETF (although this is not an IETF event).

—aaron

On 6 Nov 2017, at 12:36, Aaron Falk wrote:

> Thinking about doing a PechaKucha in the past and never had time.  
> **NOW IS THE TIME!**
>
> and 
> [Brian](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4), 
> image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and 
> advance automatically.  With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the 
> feature of forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and 
> brief.
>
> This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a 
> IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some way, although not 
> mean-spirited.  Anyone can participate in this social event.
>
> * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 
> slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 
> seconds).

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:47:42 +0800

The PechaKucha will be Thursday evening, 9:30 - 11pm in the Olivia Room. 
  Bar availability is TBD.  Ten presenters are signed up so far 
(thanks!!) and still room for a couple more.  Hope to see you there!

—aaron

On 7 Nov 2017, at 22:38, Aaron Falk wrote:

> Should have mentioned this yesterday: we’re a bit under critical 
> mass to hold a pechakucha in Singapore.  If you are on the fence, be 
> brave and step up.  It’s fun and you’ll get as friendly a 
> reception as possible at an IETF (although this is not an IETF event).
>
> —aaron
>
>> presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 
>> 20 image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and 
>> * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make 
>> a good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: 
>> [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)],

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 08:35:35 -0500

Videos from the Singapore PK now online at http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/