Subject: [100attendees] Sandra Braman on first decade of RFCs on Friday at 9:30 (Nov 17) at hrpc

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 02:36:53 +0100

At IETF100 in Singapore we will have a special guest speaker in the
Human Rights Protocol Considerations (hrpc) session on Friday at 9:30.

Sandra Braman has analyzed all RFCs published in the first ten years of
the series. In the hrpc session on Friday she will share her findings on
Human Rights and Civil Liberties in the Internet RFCs in the period from
1969 until 1979. Furthermore she will offer observations that could
inspire ways forward in public interest protocol development.

Sandra is professor in Communication, Politics, and Policy at Texas A&M
University. Her research focuses on the macro-level effects of the use
of digital technologies and their policy implications. She has published
countless articles and books, among which is the seminal work 'Change of
state:  Information, policy, and power'. Some of her publications on
RFCs can be found here:
http://people.tamu.edu/~braman/html/topicinternetdesign.html

Best,

Niels
-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

---

From: Sandra Braman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:54:02 +0800

Just a note to add that some of my research covers the first 40 years of
the RFCs and I will be discussing current developments in light of the
design history as well in the talk.

Sandra Braman

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 100attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/100attendees
>
>