Subject: [6lowpan] 01 version of IP over IEEE 802.15.4

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:45:19 -0800

Folks,

I've submitted a new version of this draft. This version adds some basic
header compression (enough to make IPv6 practical, I hope), as well as some
basic functionality to aid packet delivery if using a mesh. Notice that the
latter is done in a mesh-protocol agnostic manner.

Draft name is:

   draft-montenegro-lowpan-ipv6-over-802.15.4-01.txt

In anticipation of the draft being available off the IETF repository, I've
posted it here:

	http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/gabriel_montenegro_2000

[it's in the "lowpan" directory]

I think the draft is in dire need of good feedback specially with respect to the
header compression section. Carsten, you had mentioned you'd be able to give a
hand. Could you please take a look?

BTW: I'm sending this to the new alias "[email-masked]" which
Geoff already mass-subscribed everybody to.

tnx,

-gabriel

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:23:55 +0900

> 	http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/gabriel_montenegro_2000

just make sure, "draft-montenegro-lowpan-ipv6-over-802.15.4-01.txt" is
3 days before another one.
so "draft-montenegro-lowpan-ipv6-over-802---1.15.4-01a.txt" is latest one,
right ?

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:36 -0800

> so "draft-montenegro-lowpan-ipv6-over-802---1.15.4-01a.txt" is latest one,

Yeah, 1a has a bit more explanatory text here and there (security considerations
section, introduction and/or 15.4 mode for IPv6). There's also changes in the acknowledgements
(which I forgot to modify for rev 1 to thank Erik for his good help) and the
author list as Nandu is joining me in editing this document, but no substantial
changes. 1a is not yet being submitted. We may propose other changes in
1a (or eventually 1b, 1c, ...) before we have a version 2 (which we'd submit).

BTW, there's a 1a.html which might be easier for browsing...

-gabriel