Subject: [6lowpan] Service Discovery and Mobility

From: "Tiago" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:34:53 +0100

Hi,

I am a PhD student working in the Department of Informatics Engineering at
the University of Coimbra. 

The main topic of my research work is the integration of WSN into 4G
systems. In my opinion, this integration must be supported by IPv6.

I have been following this recent group, mainly the two drafts produced.
However, I would like to put you two questions:

1) In draft-kushalnagar-lowpan-goals-assumptions-00, on section 4.5 Service
Discovery, this subject is not deeply explored, and I would like to know
what you mean by Service Discovery. Are you talking about protocols? Is it
possible the network know which kind of service it must support? Can this
type of service be only provided at application layer?

2) In both drafts you do not explore mobility issues. Is this a concern to
the group? 

Thanks and regards,

Tiago Camilo

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan