Subject: [6lowpan] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-00.txt

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:30:03 +0000 (GMT)

fyi

------- Original Message -------
Sender : [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
Date : Jul 12, 2005 07:50
Title : I-D ACTION:draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-00.txt
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title        : 6LoWPAN Ad Hoc Routing Protocol(LOAD)

Author(s)    : S. Park, et al.

Filename    : draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-00.txt

Pages        : 13

Date        : 2005-7-11

6LoWPAN Ad hoc Routing Protocol(LOAD) is intended for use by IEEE

802.15.4 devices  in a 6LoWPAN.  It is a simple on-demand routing

protocol in the adaption layer for IPv6 packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-00.txt

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)

Mobile Platform Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "Tiago Camilo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:41:08 +0100

Hello Daniel,

I have some comments/suggestions in your new draft: 6LoWPAN Ad Hoc Routing
Protocol(LOAD):

            1) In introduction you say that "the existing AODV protocol is
not suitable for 6LoWPAN", I think that in general case all the MANET
protocols can not be directly applied to 6LoWPAN, since they do not take in
consideration its characteristics (i.e. strong energy limitations);

            2) In the overview chapter you say that your protocol relies on
three routing tables: neighbor, routing and route request. But in chapter 5
you only described the last two tables. Are you not considering describing
the Neighbor Table, just because it is build on MAC layer? 

            3) In chapter 3 you affirm that LOAD cooperation with
hierarchical routing is TBD, but do you think that it will be possible to
merge these two concepts? It seems to me that they present a very different
structure;

               4) How is calculated the link cost, just by "accumulated link
cost from the originator to the destination"? This approach could lead to
bad choices, since a path can have a good energy average but it could
present a node with low energy level.
 
Regards,
Tiago Camilo
University of Coimbra

------- Original Message -------
Sender : [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
Date : Jul 12, 2005 07:50
Title : I-D ACTION:draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-00.txt
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-
00.txt 

Regards