Subject: [6lowpan] 6lowpan hallway pre-meeting

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:29:15 +0200

Lowpanners,

there are 9 drafts that are relevant to this week's meeting at the IETF.

Two working group drafts:

draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-00.txt
draft-ietf-6lowpan-problem-00.txt

Seven independent submissions:

draft-chakrabarti-lowpan-ipv6-nd-00.txt
draft-chakrabarti-mobopts-lowpan-req-00.txt
draft-daniel-6lowpan-hilow-hierarchical-routing-00.txt
draft-daniel-6lowpan-interoperability-01.txt
draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-01.txt
draft-daniel-6lowpan-sslp-00.txt
draft-montenegro-lowpan-aodv-00.txt

It is pretty clear that we can't cover this ground in the one-hour  
meeting we have on the official agenda.
Since most of the authors and other interested people are here in  
Paris, I'm proposing that we have an off-line meeting

     Monday, 18:30, at the corner of the terminal room to the right  
of the entrance (where the L-shaped table arrangement is).

We need to discuss:

What is the impact of each of the seven independent submissions on  
the probable course of action?
Is the charter's assumption that we'll finish the encapsulation/ 
format first and then tackle security/routing the right way forward?
Are the additional proposals going to require changes in our current  
standards track document (draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-00.txt)?
What do the authors want to have happen to the additional submissions?

Of course, no decisions are made in smoke-filled rooms; this is just  
about maximizing use of the face time.
We will summarize the discussion to the list.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan