Subject: RE: [6lowpan] 6lowpan interim meeting

From: "Kushalnagar, Nandakishore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:39:50 -0800

Thanks Geoff. Any place is fine with me as well. 

Is the goal to finalize and complete the two outstanding documents in
the meeting?

Regards,
Nandu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Geoff Mulligan
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:51 PM
To: 6lowpan
Subject: [6lowpan] 6lowpan interim meeting

At this last IETF a number of 6lowpan participants indicated that we
should consider holding an interim meeting to spend some significant
time and effort working out some of the details of the format document -
the problem document should hopefully be somewhat finished before the
end of this month.

We have a couple of suggestions for when and where to hold the meeting:
    1. In conjunction with the 802.* interim meeting in Hawaii - Jan 15
to 20.
    2. Chicago either before sometime during the week of the 9th or
after during the week of the 23rd.

In order to hold a interim meeting we need to give something like 6
weeks notice and it need to be held like 6 week before the next ietf.
January is the appropriate month.  Now when and where.

If we decide to hold it in or around Chicago, Invensys can sponsor the
meeting site.  Another option would be to volunteer Intel to sponsor it
in the SF Bay area or Portland or Microsoft in Washington, though
Chicago is probably most central.

If we choose to coincide with IEEE in Hawaii, I can ask if we can get
some meeting space in or near the IEEE meeting hotel.

One other option is the during the IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium Jan
17-19 in San Diego.

Please let me know you thoughts on this ASAP.

	geoff

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:58:47 -0800

Hi Geoff,

What is the primary agenda for the interim meeting?
Are we expecting  usual IETF goers to be present in the meeting?
What  would we try to accomplish out of this meeting?
I assume the meeting will not be more than one-or two days.
I'd prefer somewhere close by - Washington, Oregon, or even better if it 
is in the
bay area.

Thanks,
-Samita