Subject: [6lowpan] 802.15.4 behavior

From: Philip Levis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:21:52 -0700

The discussions on this list led Kannan Srinivasan, one of the  
students working with me, to submit a paper to HotNets. It was just  
accepted. Given that the IETF is in two weeks, we probably won't have  
the camera-ready prepared by then, so the link below is for the  
submitted version. The title of the paper is "Some Implications of  
Low-Power Wireless to IP Routing." It examines the behavior of  
802.15.4 using the ChipCon 2420 radio on common sensor node  
platforms. The four key observations are:

  o Links are predominantly bimodal for short packet bursts.
  o Sporadic traffic observes intermediate links, which are due to  
SNR variations.
  o There are ETX asymmetries, which are larger over longer time  
intervals.
  o Acknowledgement failures are correlated.

I thought this community might find the paper helpful. It's 6 pages,  
so not a long read.

http://csl.stanford.edu/~pal/pubs/hotnets-v-submit.pdf

See you in San Diego...

Phil

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan