Subject: [6lowpan] MIB for 6lowpan

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:51:53 +0900

Folks, 

Given the discussion with IETFMIBS, a new draft
is not ready for further study in this WG. Before
IETF official publication, it can be found at:
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-lowpan-mib-00.txt

---

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, Samsung Electronics. 

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:05:58 +0100

> http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-lowpan-mib-00.txt

Did you really mean "not ready" or "now ready"? I think it would be
useful to figure out whether there is WG interest in doing such MIB
work. And if there is, it would be useful to get an idea what should
be contained in such a MIB module.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		 Jacobs University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	 P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

---

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:10:52 +0900

oops...it's typo. I was sying "now" for our in-depth discussion..

Thanks Juergen for your fixing...:-)

Daniel 

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:06 PM
To: Daniel Park
Cc: 6lowpan
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] MIB for 6lowpan

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:51:53AM +0900, Daniel Park wrote:

> Given the discussion with IETFMIBS, a new draft is not ready for 
> further study in this WG. Before IETF official publication, it can be 
> found at:

Did you really mean "not ready" or "now ready"? I think it would be useful
to figure out whether there is WG interest in doing such MIB work. And if
there is, it would be useful to get an idea what should be contained in such
a MIB module.

/js

---

From: "Ki-Hyung Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:26:06 +0900

It is a mis-spelling. We are sorry for it.
We really want to get the possible management issues and MIB for 6lowpan.
Welcome any inputs on it as Juergen said.

-- 
Ki-Hyung Kim (김기형, 金起亨)
Associate Professor
Division of Information and Computer Eng., Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
442-749
Tel: +82-31-219-2433, Cel: +82-17-760-2551 ,  Fax: +82-31-219-2433
http://www.6lowpan.org
_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:18:05 -0800

I did a quick browse through the MIB. I think it is unusual to include
all the routing information in the MIB.  More likely it is useful to
monitor the number of control messages, etc.

Personally, I'd like to see more regarding the shim layer and less
about routing at this point. It might be possible to re-use routing
MIBs when they become available if a MANET protocol is re-used.

I also think it would be useful to simply describe the various items
(an information model) in a tabular format or bulleted list. Going
through the MIB text is hard.

>From edu.ietf.org/download/62/mib-training.pdf
"""
Would be good to also do an Information Model first (I.e.
BEFORE we write a MIB module)
–See RFC3444: On the Difference between Information Models
and Data Models
–We (IETF) have no consensus on a formal language to do so (or
so I believe)
–Could be done using plain English too, see RFC3290 (An
Informal Management Model forDiffservRouters) as an
example.
"""

Ian Chakeres