Subject: [6lowpan] Easter 6lowpan release

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:36:04 +0300

Hello,

I bring Easter greetings from Sensinode, Finland. Our company was proud
to release a new version of our NanoStack wireless sensor networking
solution including a public 6LoWPAN implementation last week. NanoStack
is available to all under a GPL license, and with our Devkit packages.

More information:
http://www.sensinode.com

This 6lowpan implementation includes:

- IEEE 802.15.4 ad-hoc and beacon-mode support
	- Automatic neighbor table
- 6lowpan implementation (draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-12)
	- UDP, IPv6 and lowpan
	- Routing table
- lowpan mesh routing support
	- Includes a reference mesh routing algorithm

Not supported yet:

- All uncompressed fields
- Fragmentation

The implementation is C and very portable, I am sure the IETF community
will find it useful. We will be very active in helping 6lowpan forward,
already we are rolling out projects in the health and security domains
this year.

We also have had conversations with groups around Europe for 6lowpan
cross-testing and have influenced 6lowpan usage in the e-Sense project:
http://www.ist-esense.org/

Regards,

-- 
Zach Shelby | Managing Director | +358 40 7796297
Sensinode Ltd.   www.sensinode.com

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "Dominik Kaspar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:35:16 +0900

Zach,

You mention the use of a "reference mesh routing algorithm" in your
project. And in the NanoStack manual, there is not much information
about how routing is performed. Are you using one of the existing
MANET protocols?

Regards,
Dominik