Subject: [6lowpan] ipv6 requirements for a sensor/constrained device

From: Julien Abeillé <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:32:28 +0200

Hi all,

as a follow up of discussions around 6lowpan and ISA100 standardization, 
the people in cc and myself are starting an effort to identify minimum 
ipv6 requirements for a constrained device (e.g. a sensor), so that ipv6 
can be brought to such device. This work would be closely bound to 
implementation experiments.

This has been discussed a bit within 6lowpan and I know a thread was 
started in 6man around RFC4294 update. What we would like to clarify is 
how this work could fit in IETF, in which WG, with whom, as well as the 
scope and process for this effort.

We would appreciate your feedback on this topic.

Best regards,
Julien Abeille

-- 

*Julien Abeille*
*Software Engineer*
**Technology Center*
*
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Phone: *+41 21 822 1696*
Mobile: *+41 79 617 8881*
Fax: *+41 21 822 1604*

*Cisco Systems International Sarl*
Avenue des Uttins 5
1180 Rolle
Switzerland (FR)
Cisco home page <http://www.cisco.com>

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the 
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or 
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended 
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact 
the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan