Subject: [6lowpan] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-01]

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:40:29 +0200

Hi,

Version -01 of ND for 6lowpan is now available.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-01.txt

This revision closes a long list of smaller and major tickets. Thanks to 
all the feedback in Minneapolis and on the list. Here is a summary of 
changes:

- Specified the duplicate owner interface identifier procedures. A TID 
lollypop algorithm was sufficient (nonce unnecessary).
- Defined fault tolerance using secondary bindings.
- Defined ad-hoc network operation.
- Removed the E flag from RA and the X flag from RR/RC.
- Completed message examples.
- Lots of improvements in text quality and consistency were made.

The draft is now quite stable, and includes all the functionality we 
envision for IESG submission. I will submit -02 before the cutoff March 
10th, which will be presented in San Francisco. Looking forward to 
reviews, and especially implementation feedback.

Regards,
Zach

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-01
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:24:20 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-01.txt has been successfuly 
submitted by Zach Shelby and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Neighbor Discovery for 6LoWPAN
Creation_date:	 2009-02-23
WG ID:		 6lowpan
Number_of_pages: 46

Abstract:
This document specifies Neighbor Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over very constrained
wireless networks often making use of extended multihop topologies.
However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery over 6LoWPAN
networks has several problems.  Standard Neighbor Discovery was not
designed for wireless links, and the standard IPv6 link concept and
heavy use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This document spefies a
new mechanism allowing efficient Duplicate Address Detection over
entire 6LoWPAN networks.  In addition it specifies context
dissemination for use with router advertisements, claim and defend
addressing, and the support of extended LoWPANs over backbone links.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
http://zachshelby.org - My blog “On the Internet of Things”
Mobile: +358 40 7796297

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti, FINLAND

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain 
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without 
producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.