Subject: [6lowpan] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-02

From: "Eunsook \"Eunah\" Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:27:54 +0900

Dear 6LoWPANers,

6LoWPAN routing requirements draft has been updated right after the
6LoWPAN meeting in SF (March 25th).
Somehow, it seems that the auto-announcement for a new doc was not
made for this update.

After -02, we got some issues and we are preparing -03 to solve the
following 3 issues:

1. clarification that this document is only requirement, not assuming
solution part.
    all 6lowpaners understand this part well, but JP raised the issue
that new-comers and non-6lowpaners may feel confused.

2. Terminology.
    Based on the current ND discussion, we also need to change ER to
AR if concensus is there.

3. Security consideration.
    Last SF meeting, AD mentioned that each doc may need stronger
security considerations as we've included a lot of 'architecture like
introduction part' for on-going 6lowpan WG docs. (as a solution for WG
milestone with lack of security doc progressing)

I'll put these 3 issues in 6lowpan issue tracker.
Comments are invited.

-eunah

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:22 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-02
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-02.txt
has been successfuly submitted by Carsten Bormann and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements
Revision:        02
Title:           Problem Statement and Requirements for 6LoWPAN Routing
Creation_date:   2009-03-25
WG ID:           6lowpan
Number_of_pages: 32

Abstract:
This document provides the problem statement for 6LoWPAN routing.  It
also defines the requirements for 6LoWPAN routing considering IEEE
802.15.4 specificities and the low-power characteristics of the
network and its devices.

The IETF Secretariat.