Subject: [6lowpan] #43: NR/NC option clarification

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:05:37 -0000

#43: NR/NC option clarification
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Describe the use of Source link-layer address and Target link-layer
 address options in the NR/NC message better.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/43>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:42:28 -0000

#43: NR/NC option clarification
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  trivial             |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Added in nd-04.

 "When performing Node Registration through a LoWPAN Router, the actual ER
 is transparent to the node by default (the router chooses the best ER). In
 order to provide nodes the possibility to control which ER they register
 with, Target link-layer and Source link-layer address options are used
 with NR/NC messages. LoWPAN Routers include a Source link-layer address
 option when relaying an NC to a node, this indicates the IID of the ER.
 When sending an NR to a LoWPAN Router, a node may choose to include a
 Target link-layer address option with the IID of the ER the node wants to
 register with. The router then attempts to make use of that ER if
 available."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/43#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>