Subject: [6lowpan] #39: Address and OII collision text

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:41:23 -0000

#39: Address and OII collision text
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Improve the address and OII collision text, and the coverage of cases.

 From list discussions, there are some special cases where the current
 nd-03 OII collision detection text does not work well.

 List mail from Pascal:

 The text can definitely be improved. But Mostly we need something that
 works with all cases covered.

 Section 7.6 Address collision detection and resolution

 Seems we are missing text when the binding is for the same edge router
 different OII. This is a collision and causes a reject exactly like NA
 (different OII) during DAD.

 The text also says that upon positive re-registration, the edge router
 SHOULD set O in NA. This is misworded, in fact it SHOULD send NA(O) as a
 refresher and eventually a tie breaker if for some reasons (missed DAD)
 incompatible states have setup. An edge router with a registration
 should clean up at that point.

 Section 7.7 Duplicate OII detection

 As Richard said we need to be more precise on equal TID. That must be
 treated as a collision otherwise we'll flip flap forever.

 But then is if there is a risk of a packet getting duplicated over the
 network we might be doing the wrong thing. Would we need a nonce to
 discriminate that?

 Also, in the most pathologic case, if a packet sent to anycast is
 duplicated, can it reach 2 different packets received by 2 different
 edge routers?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/39>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:58:20 -0000

#39: Address and OII collision text
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  new         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:              
Component:  nd                  |      Version:              
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:              
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/39#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:16:08 -0000

#39: Address and OII collision text
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed      
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:              
Component:  nd                  |      Version:              
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed       
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Improved with an Owner Nonce in nd-04.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/39#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>