Subject: [6lowpan] #41: Ad-hoc LoWPAN

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:49:37 -0000

#41: Ad-hoc LoWPAN
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Fix the problem with the support of ad-hoc LoWPANs. The current nd-03 text
 basically describes how to make an Ad-hoc LoWPAN work just like a Simple
 LoWPAN - thus allowing nodes to function normally.

 People on the list have problems with this - as it assumes some node has
 more resources - enough to store the whiteboard.

 The ULA prefix generation functionality is actually a good feature for all
 Edge Routers for cases where the LoWPAN is for some reason without a
 global or manually conigured IPv6 prefix. This feature should be moved to
 Section 7.

 If a true "Ad-hoc LoWPAN" can not even support a Whiteboard - then in
 reality this draft can not help very much. As Ad-hoc networking is not the
 focus of the 6lowpan WG - this section could be removed all-together. Text
 should be included in Section 5 address formation on what to do if there
 is no whiteboard in the network.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/41>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:51:18 -0000

#41: Ad-hoc LoWPAN
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Decided to keep the term "Ad-hoc LoWPAN" but to clarify that the operation
 enabled there is identical to Simple or Extended LoWPAN operation.

 Moved Ad-hoc LoWPAN to Section 7 together with other LoWPAN operation
 definition. Moved ULA definition to the Simple LoWPAN section as it is
 useful in general when a global IPv6 prefix is not available.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/41#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>