Subject: [6lowpan] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-04

From: "Eunsook \"Eunah\" Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:06:34 +0200

Dear 6lowpaners,

The draft of 6lowpan routing requirements are revised to -04, applying
the comments at the meeting.
JP worries the term *routing* in adaptation layer, and Eric gave us a
good terminology to use there.
Now you will find the description under the figure to reduce the
confusion between "IP routing" and "mesh-under path computation +
forwarding". :-)

I would like to point out again that the figure is to show the basic
architecture based on RFC4944 and WG concensus so far.

Please check the revised version and give your comments.

-eunah

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-04
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-04.txt
has been successfuly submitted by Eunsook Kim and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements
Revision:        04
Title:           Problem Statement and Requirements for 6LoWPAN Routing
Creation_date:   2009-07-28
WG ID:           6lowpan
Number_of_pages: 32

Abstract:
6LoWPANs are formed by devices that are compatible with the IEEE
802.15.4 standard.  However, neither the IEEE 802.15.4 standard nor
the 6LoWPAN format specification define how mesh topologies could be
obtained and maintained.  Thus, it should be considered how 6LoWPAN
formation and multi-hop routing could be supported.
This document provides the problem statement and design space for
6LoWPAN routing.  It defines the routing requirements for 6LoWPAN
networks, considering the low-power and other particular
characteristics of the devices and links.  The purpose of this
document is not to recommend specific solutions, but to provide
general, layer-agnostic guidelines about the design of 6LoWPAN
routing, which can lead to further analysis and protocol design.
This document is intended as input to groups working on routing
protocols relevant to 6LoWPAN, such as the IETF ROLL WG.

The IETF Secretariat.