Subject: [6lowpan] #38: Forming addresses - mention more methods

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:38:34 -0000

#38: Forming addresses - mention more methods
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Clarify that other methods can be used to form addresses, not only SAA.
 For example manual configuration, DHCP or any other method (e.g. link-
 layer assignment).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/38>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:45:58 -0000

#38: Forming addresses - mention more methods
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in nd-04.

 "A node MAY alternatively aquire a global unicast address using other
 suitable means, e.g. DHCPv6, L2 assignment or manual configuration."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/38#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>