Subject: [6lowpan] #59: Self-sufficient mechanism and cohabitation with RFC4861 or 3122

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 17:43:04 -0000

#59: Self-sufficient mechanism and cohabitation with RFC4861 or 3122
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 - Clarify that the specification is both required and sufficient for
 LoWPAN operation
 - State that cohabitation with RFC4861 and 3122 is possible briefly.
 The specification of when/why to use these in a LoWPAN is out of
 scope.
 - Any use of 4861 with 4944 without this specification is NOT
 RECOMMENDED, but certainly possible in 2-node and full-multicast
 mesh-under.  (That's why we say "updates 4944".)
 - Eliminate dependency on RFC4861 wherever possible. Make this a
 white-list specification.
 - Organize more based on functionality rather than node role. Node
 Registration gets its own section with subsections for SAA, DAD, AR
 and NUD.
 - Make it clear that this draft optimizes the host-router interface.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/59>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:35:27 -0000

#59: Self-sufficient mechanism and cohabitation with RFC4861 or 3122
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Changes made for nd-07

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/59#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>