Subject: [6lowpan] #60: Addressing

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 17:58:39 -0000

#60: Addressing
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 - Remove IID-MAC assumption text completely.
 - IID formed as per RFC4944 from the MAC address by default.
 - The link-local address is always formed from the MAC address.
   o All other info (global address, prefix, whatever) could be options
 that are granted in a single NR/NC for the link local.
   o They are stored in the binding table for the Link local of the node as
 additional info
   o They result in routes via the link local as opposed to other bindings
 - Address Resolution is not performed. Nodes only forward via routers
 with which they have an NR/NC relationship. The node router cache and
 router binding table have IID to link-layer address resolution. Any
 optimization for direct host to host connectivity is out of scope.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/60>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:24:29 -0000

#60: Addressing
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Changes done in nd-07

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/60#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>