Subject: [6lowpan] #63: Using plain RFC4861 above the 6LoWPAN adaptation layer

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:10:15 -0000

#63: Using plain RFC4861 above the 6LoWPAN adaptation layer
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 - Some IPv6 stacks (e.g. on PCs) hardwire the NS/NA mechanisms of RFC4861
 for all links.

 - Add a section explaining how the 6LoWPAN adaptation layer can deal with
 this making use of binding table and whiteboard information to answer on
 behalf of nodes.

 - This is only necessary for NS/NA. RS/RA may use standard RA daemons like
 radvd as long as context is not needed.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/63>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:23:55 -0000

#63: Using plain RFC4861 above the 6LoWPAN adaptation layer
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  nd                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Added a new section to nd-07

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/63#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>