Subject: [6lowpan] 6lowpan-ND: Behavior on Wakeup

From: Mathieu Goessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:28:49 +0100

Hi folks,

I am working on 6lowpan to design some tests and i have got some 
questions/remarks about draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-15 in the Behavior on 
Wakeup section (5.8.2).

I think this sentence

 > When a host wakes up from a sleep period it SHOULD maintain its
 > current address registrations that will timeout before the next
 > wakeup.

needs some clarifications.

Even if it's implicit, it doesn't stress enough that a node must 
maintain its addresses before switching to sleep mode in order to be 
able to retrieve it at wake up time.One may consider it just have to do 
so when a node wakes up.

I propose the following sentence that seems more clear to me :

"
When a host plans to switch to sleep mode, it SHOULD maintain its 
current address registrations to ensure that they will not timeout 
before the next wakeup.
"

Also, i am not sure how to interpret the sentence:

 > The
 > host may also need to refresh its prefix and context information by
 > sending a new unicast Router Solicitation

Does it mean that it is left to the implementation to decide wether a 
host refresh its information or not ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

-- 
Mathieu Goessens,
IRISA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, France
Tel: +33 (0) 2 99 84 71 00, Fax: +33 (0) 2 99 84 71 71