Subject: [6lowpan] WG adoption of 6lowpan Implementers guide

From: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:36:56 -0600

As we discussed during yesterday's meeting, 6LoWPAN WG has a
non-milestone charter item for an "implementers guide" as a running
document that captures clarifications and small fixes to our
specifications. 

Carsten has submitted an initial proposal for such a document,
draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt.  This document provides a skeleton
and does not have many clarifications yet, it could serve as a basis for
future work on that implementers guide.

This is a call for working group adoption of
draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt.

Working group adoption does not mean we agree with every detail of the
draft, but that we want to use it as the basis of further working group
work.

Please reply to the list until

        Friday, April 8, 23:59 UTC

with your position whether this document should be adopted or not.

	geoff

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:44:27 +0200

By way of explanation, in light of the announcement of the closing of the 6lowpan WG, let me clarify the WG status:

* there are no WG meetings planned for future IETF meetings
* documents that have already been adopted as WG documents
  will be processed
* the WG will consider draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt
  for WG adoption now, as well as one or two other documents
* the WG mailing list will remain open 
* no new work will be undertaken

- Ralph

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:36 PM 3/30/11, Geoff Mulligan wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6lowpan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: "Stok, Peter van der" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:24:47 +0200

Looks like a good idea to me,

Peter van der stok

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Geoff Mulligan
Sent: Wednesday 30 March 2011 14:37
To: 6lowpan
Subject: [6lowpan] WG adoption of 6lowpan Implementers guide

        geoff

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:47:05 +0200

It appears I was a bit quick dismissing BT-LE as a working group item during Tuesday's 6LoWPAN meeting.  The WG is alive and well, so we can very well request the addition of milestones.  As the support in the room for working on the adaptation of 6LoWPAN for BT-LE was quite good, I'm now issuing a call for WG adoption.

This is a call for working group adoption of
draft-patil-6lowpan-v6over-btle-01.txt

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:53:59 +0200

> Re: [6lowpan] WG adoption of 6lowpan Implementers guide

That's what you get when you edit one message out of another.
It's been a long week...
Of course, this is about the BT-LE draft, not about the implementers guide.
Please make sure you reply with the subject of this message, in particular if it is just a "+1"...

Sorry for the confusion,
Carsten

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 00:07:42 +0200 (CEST)

Dear 6LoWPANners,

Whereas the document is still in an early stage, I believe it will become
a very helpful document. Therefore, I support WG adoption of
draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-00.txt.

Greetings,

Carles