Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #141: Donald Eastlake's DISCUSS comments on 6lowpan-nd

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:05:53 -0000

#141: Donald Eastlake's DISCUSS comments on 6lowpan-nd

Changes (by zach@…):

 * owner:  nordmark@… => zach@…
 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Proposed solution:

 - Keep comptaibility with existing implementations while fixing the
 problem for new implementations.

 - Extend the version number field with another 16 bits. The current
 16-bits are version-low and the following 16-bit are version-high. Explain
 what happens when you run out of version numbers.

 - Add a 16-bit lifetime field after the version fields in minutes. If you
 receive something with a lifetime of zero it should be assumed to be a
 default number (TBD) as this may come from an old implementation.

 - Add explanatory text on how 6LBRs should set these fields and how 6LRs
 should interpret the fields.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  samita.chakrabarti@…  |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:
Component:  nd                    |     Version:
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+-----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/141#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:07:10 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

 * owner:  zach@… => nordmark@…
 * status:  assigned => new

-- 
----------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  samita.chakrabarti@…  |       Owner:  nordmark@…
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:
Component:  nd                    |     Version:
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/141#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>