Subject: Re: [6lowpan] #138: Adrian Farrel's DISCUSS comments and Suggestions

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:08:24 -0000

#138: Adrian Farrel's  DISCUSS comments and Suggestions

Changes (by zach@…):

 * owner:  zach@… => samita.chakrabarti@…

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  samita.chakrabarti@…  |       Owner:  samita.chakrabarti@…
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:  nd-discusses
Component:  nd                    |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/138#comment:1>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>

---

From: "6lowpan issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:25:59 -0000

Comment (by zach@…):

 Regarding Adrian's comments on too-many options and sub-options
 (especially for 6LRs), the proposed solution is:

 - For 6LRs make s/SHOULD/MUST, in practice remove options. Use a common
 style to make it clear that a routing algorithm can substitute some
 mechanisms with its own (and which options can be substituted).

 - Similar language in RFC4861 that if a router implements a routing
 protocol, this may override some mechanisms defined for 6LRs.

 - Need to define what subtitutable means, introduced in Section 1.5.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lowpan/trac/ticket/138#comment:2>
6lowpan <http://tools.ietf.org/6lowpan/>