Subject: [6lowpan] 6lowpan mib implementation

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:47:14 +0100

Hi,

we have implemented 

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schoenw-6lowpan-mib-03

on Contiki and we have put an AVR Raven online so you can throw
packets at it. For the details how to talk to this device see this
page:

  http://cnds.eecs.jacobs-university.de/the-6lowpan-mib-testbed/

We believe it would be very useful to agree on the counters defined in
the MIB module (even if you prefer to ship data using a different
protocol). The key is finding agreement on the counters needed and how
they interact. This is best summarized by this piece of ASCII art
(copied from the above I-D):

                             IPv6 layer
                         ^               v
     InDelivers         -+-             -+-       OutRequests
                         |               |
     InDiscards       <--+               |
                         |               |
     InCompOKs       .-->|               |-->.    OutCompReqds
     InCompFails  <--|   |               |   +--> OutCompFails
     InCompReqds     `<--+               +<--'    OutCompOKs
                         |               |
                         |               +-->.    OutFragReqds
     InReasmOKs      .-->|               |   +--> OutFragFails
     InReasmFails <--|   |               |  -+-   OutFragOKs
     InReasmReqds    `<--+               +<--'    OutFragCreates
                         |               |
                         |               |
     InMeshDelivers      |<--.           |
     InMeshForwds        |   |-->.       |
     InMeshReceives      +-->'   |       |
                         |       +-->    |        OutMeshHopLimitExceeds
                         |       +-->    |        OutMeshNoRoutes
                         |       |       |
                         |       |   .<--+        OutMeshRequests
                         |       `-->|   |        OutMeshForwds
                         |           `-->|        OutMeshTransmits
                         |               |
     InHdrErrors      <--+               +-->     OutDiscards
                         |               |
     InReceives         -+-             -+-       OutTransmits
                         ^               v
                          interface layer

Feedback is most welcome. (If the demo fails, please send us private
emails and we will take a look at things.)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>