Subject: [6lowpan] ACM NANOCOM 2014 - 1st ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication - Call for Papers

From: Tommaso Melodia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:39:33 -0500

________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________

                                                   Call for Papers

                                           ACM NANOCOM 2014

1st ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication

                                          http://nanocom.acm.org

                                              May 13th - 14th, 2014
                                                    Atlanta, USA

                             Submission deadline: December 10, 2013

________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________

The 1st ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and
Communication (ACM NANOCOM 2014) will be held on May 13th - 14th in
Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The aim of the conference is to bring together
researchers from diverse disciplines that can foster and develop new
communications and computing paradigms for nanoscale devices.

Due to this highly inter-disciplinary field of research, the conference
aims to attract researchers and academics from various fields of study
such as electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, biology,
chemistry, physics, mathematics, bio-engineering, bio-technology,
materials science, nanotechnology, who have an interest in computing
and communications at the nanoscale.

We invite submissions to ACM NANOCOM 2014 with original (unpublished and
not currently under review) and novel contributions on nanoscale
communication in areas including (but not limited to), the following:

* Nano-Electromagnetic (EM) communication
[ Graphene based nano-antennas; modeling of EM channels; terahertz band
communications.]

* Infrastructure for molecular communication nanonetworks
[ Molecular diffusion; flagellated bacteria; molecular motors.]

* Information theoretical approaches to nanoscale communication
[ Information/network information theory modeling; capacity bounds and
  theorems for various nanoscale channels; transceiver and modulation
  optimization; nanoscale and molecular source and channel coding.]

* Protocols and architectures for nano communications
[ Network  architectures;  topologies;  coverage/connectivity; relay,
  broadcast and MAC mechanisms; synchronization; routing/addressing;
  reliable information coding; error control; energy efficiency.]

* Nano computing
[ DNA, enzyme, and membrane computing; nano/molecular electronics.]

* Internet of Nano Things (IoNT)
[ Service and application models for nano things; middleware design for
  nanonetwork interface; security for nano communication networks;
  wearable nanoscale sensor networks; software and programming
  paradigms for nanonetworks.]

* Privacy, Security and Trust in nanonetworks

* Future emerging applications of nano/molecular communication
[ Smart Health and Big Data; Smart City; Sports Applications and
  Systems.]

Submission Instructions and Important Dates:

______________________________________________________________

Papers submitted to ACM NANOCOM 2014 must be original, not previously
published or accepted for publication elsewhere, and they must not be
submitted to any other event or publication during the entire review
process. Paper submissions should follow the ACM double-column format
for conferences:

(http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).

A maximum of 9 pages are allowed for each paper, all figures and
references included. Submitted papers will undergo a peer review
process, coordinated by the Program Committee. All accepted paper will
be published by ACM and submitted for indexing by ISI, EI Compendex,
Scopus, Google Scholar and many more. In addition to the main
conference, ACM NANOCOM 2014 will also have a series of special tracks
and poster sessions.

Full Papers Due:                               December 10, 2013

Notification of Acceptance:                February 15, 2014

Camera Ready Papers Due:             April 1, 2014

General Co-Chairs:
________________________________________________________________

Ian F. Akyildiz  ([email-masked])
Georgia Institue of Technology, USA

Raghupathy Sivakumar ([email-masked])
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

General Vice-Chair:
________________________________________________________________

Faramarz Fekri ([email-masked])
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

TPC Co-Chairs:
________________________________________________________________

Sasitharan Balasubramaniam  ([email-masked])
Tampere University of Technology, Finland

Ozgur B. Akan ([email-masked])
Koc University, Turkey

Albert Cabellos-Aparicio ([email-masked])
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------
Tommaso Melodia
Associate Professor
Department of Electrical Engineering
State University of New York at Buffalo
Office: 222 Davis Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
Tel: (716) 645-1027
Email: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~tmelodia/
--------------------------------------------------------