Subject: [6tisch-security] planning for ANIMA hackathon work

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:59:25 -0500

In the last two ANIMA-bootstrap weekly design team calls we had some
discussion about hackathon work.  We are mere milimeters away from
a pretty firm voucher specification: with that part nailed down the
bootstrap protocol is essentially done.

We have identified a few places in the bootstrap process where we think that
we will benefit from some interoperation and working together.  They are:

1) voucher creation, exchange and validation.
   (even if we are doing this with RSA keys and PKCS#7 S/MIME-like wrapping
   of JSON rather than the ideal "modern" EdDSA signed CWT objects)

2) Join Registrar / MASA interaction (we recognize we aren't close for March)

3) pledge / Join Registrar interaction (using EST)

4) Join Proxy/Join Registrar discovery (ACP and GRASP things)

5) Pledge/Join proxy discovery (GRASP DULL, but we still have advocates
                     for using straight mDNS here)

I know that Brian had other things, and he already put some stuff at:
  https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/98hackathon

and I've extended it with the above five points.

I note that the COSE/JOSE people lead by Jim Schaad, are also planning work,
and we have identified CWT as being an important voucher format, probably
it will be *the* format for the 6tisch version of bootstrap.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-