Subject: [76attendees] Welcome to the IETF 76 mailing list

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:44:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

With 31 days to go, I thought it might be appropriate to post the 
first message to this list and remind you of a few resources for 
planning your trip to Hiroshima.

The local host site is here:  http://www.ietf76.jp/

The venue hotel (ANA Crowne Plaza) is full or nearly full, so if you 
don't have a hotel booked yet, use the overflow hotel booking system 
provided by the Japan Travel Bureau (JTB):

http://entry.jtb.ne.jp/me/registrye/registrye.asp?id=1202

If you are considering getting a Japan Rail Pass for travel on JR 
trains (except the Nozomi Super Express), please note that these 
passes MUST be purchased BEFORE you arrive in Japan. For more 
information see: http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html

The most useful website for train planning is Hyperdia:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

... which gives you information about train times and prices. My 
suggestion is to write down a few options and hand the piece of paper 
to a JR travel agent (available at most train stations as well as at 
Narita and Kansai airports).

My own unofficial information guide can be found here:

http://hiroshima-info.info

Both the IETF76 host site and my own pages are frequently updated. 
Recent updates include information about electronic stores in 
Hiroshima.

I'll be in Tokyo from October 31 to November 6 if anyone is planning 
to stop there on their way to Hiroshima and you want to get together 
and get a tour of Akihabara or perhaps C.B. Fisk Opus 110 
http://www.yaf.or.jp/mmh/about/pipe-e.html (no guarantees on that one, 
but I will ask).

If you have any questions, just drop me a note, if I don't know the 
answer I'll try to get it for you!

See you Hiroshima!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj