Subject: [76attendees] ATM in NHK building on 3rd floor

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 13:21:56 +0900

I found the ATM in the post office in the NHK building - it's not obvious.

Exit the hotel, turn right, and cross the street, heading for the
Starbucks sign. Do not take the escalator up to Starbucks, rather,
enter the NHK building at the ground floor and take the main elevator
on your right. You'll see a sign in front of the elevator for the Post
Office on the 3rd floor. After exiting the elevator, turn left and go
down a very narrow corridor. The post office is directly in front of
you with a sliding glass door, and the ATM is directly inside the door
on your right. My Bank of America ATM card worked just fine. If you
don't want a 10,000 Yen bill, then get 9,000 Yen and you'll get nine
1,000 Yen bills.

Note that there's a different ATM next to Starbucks on the 2nd floor.
That one did not accept my Bank of America card.

The post office ATM is open today (Saturday) until 5 PM and is closed tomorrow.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 04:40:47 -0500

Seven-Eleven shops usually have an ATM as well.  There is one on the
small street behind the NHK building, when coming from the Ana hotel.

- Christian

On Nov 7, 2009, Andrew G. Malis wrote:

> enter
> the NHK building at the ground floor and take the main elevator on  
> your
> right. You'll see a sign in front of the elevator for the Post  
> Office on
> the 3rd floor. After exiting the elevator, turn left and go down a  
> very
> narrow corridor. The post office is directly in front of you with a
> sliding glass door, and the ATM is directly inside the door on your
> right. My Bank of America ATM card worked just fine. If you don't  
> want a
> 10,000 Yen bill, then get 9,000 Yen and you'll get nine 1,000 Yen  
> bills.
>
> Cheers, Andy

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 14:53:32 +0900

> small street behind the NHK building, when coming from the Ana hotel.

I was able to get cash today at an ATM in a 7/11.  It took me a while  
to figure out the correct orientation to insert the card (the graphics  
implied doing it upside down), but once I got past that I didn't have  
any problem getting yen.

Bob

---

From: Alexander Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 03:35:36 +0200

Andy,
Lots of thanks for excellent navigation!
I've found it, and my VISA card worked there!!!

Regards,
     Sasha

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew G. Malis
> Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 6:22 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [76attendees] ATM in NHK building on 3rd floor
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees
>

---

From: David Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:45:12 +0900

For everyone else your best bet for an ATM that will take all of your cards
and if you have a business travel card will give you cash advances is the
one in the 7-11 down the street from the conference hotel. Make a left
coming out from the front enterance and then take a left and first block you
come to. Walk down about 2 or 3 blocks and you'll see it on your right hand
side on the corner.

Dave