Subject: [76attendees] RFID Bug Report

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:33:58 -0500

I have noticed an RFID bug in 3 out of 3 rooms (Fecframe, L3VPN,  
MBONED) I sat in on Monday. I am reporting it here in case other  
people have this issue.

This has nothing to do with the "bluesheet reader," but the reader for  
the current speaker.

There was a speaker reader at 3 locations in each room - at the  
chair's table, at the front mike, at
the rear mike.

In each case, at the beginning of the session, the display would show  
the actual speaker just fine.

If (when) someone swiped their card at the front mike speaker reader  
to ask a question or make a point, it would "capture" the speaker. The  
actual speaker at the chair's table could not reset the speaker  
displayed on the screen after that. In at least two cases, we tried a  
number of people's cards and I tried the "wipe" card at the front  
desk, all to no avail.

Apparently, the only way to clear this is to use the wipe card at the  
front mike speaker reader. (A new card at the front mike would replace  
the displayed speaker, but not free the station.)

This seemed fairly repeatable for the front mike station (most times,  
if not all times), and was an annoyance.

In one case, a speaker at the rear mike could not clear the displayed  
either with their card; the rear mike station was not tested as much  
so I am not sure if this was repeatable.

Regards
Marshall

P.S. Is there an RFID bug mailing list ? If so, I will send this there  
once I find out about it.

---

From: 中村 修 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:58:22 +0900

Marshall
Thank you for reporting.

The reader ignore the multiple reading tag events of same tag.
We are now preparing new special wipe card(which include two wipe tags  
which has
different number(ID)  in the tags).  Using this new wipe card, I hope  
that resolving this problem.

		osamu

On 2009/11/10, at 2:33, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> This has nothing to do with the "bluesheet reader," but the reader  
> for the current speaker.
>
> In each case, at the beginning of the session, the display would  
> show the actual speaker just fine.
>
> to ask a question or make a point, it would "capture" the speaker.  
> The actual speaker at the chair's table could not reset the speaker  
> displayed on the screen after that. In at least two cases, we tried  
> a number of people's cards and I tried the "wipe" card at the front  
> desk, all to no avail.
>
> Apparently, the only way to clear this is to use the wipe card at  
> the front mike speaker reader. (A new card at the front mike would  
> replace the displayed speaker, but not free the station.)
>
> This seemed fairly repeatable for the front mike station (most  
> times, if not all times), and was an annoyance.
>
> In one case, a speaker at the rear mike could not clear the  
> displayed either with their card; the rear mike station was not  
> tested as much so I am not sure if this was repeatable.
>
> Regards
> Marshall
>
> P.S. Is there an RFID bug mailing list ? If so, I will send this  
> there once I find out about it.
> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees
>