Subject: [76attendees] Purpose of blue/grey "PASPY" card (for social event?)

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:32:28 +0900

When I picked up my ticket for the social event, I was also given a 
blue/grey plastic "PASPY" card.  What is this for?

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:39:53 +0900

> blue/grey plastic "PASPY" card.  What is this for?

Should be in your documentation.  It gives you an initial 500¥ to use on
local public transportation (of all kinds afaik).  You can add more to it.

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:16:10 +0900

It was also described as a supplemental ticket for the social event.  
I'm not sure what that means.

On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Scott Brim wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:19:25 +0900

Ben Campbell wrote:
> It was also described as a supplemental ticket for the social event. I'm
> not sure what that means.

possibly how one gets to the social

randy

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:22:40 +0900

> blue/grey plastic "PASPY" card.  What is this for?

It is additional item with the Social Event ticket.
PASPY is a contactless IC card for the payment of local transportation
(tram and bus) in Hiroshima Prefecture, but for JR railway.
The PASPY is based on the SONY's FeliCa, ISO 18092 (aka ISO 14443 TYPE C).
  FeliCa -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FeliCa

The PASPY card you have is pre-charged with 500 yen for IETF attendees.
So you can get a bus or tram with this card.
Make sure that you must touch your PASPY to an IC card reader at the entrance
when ridding a bus or tram,
and also touch the PASPY to the reader at the exit to pay the fare.

You can charge additional yen with a ticket vending machine
at a station (Hondori underground sta. of ASTRAM line is nearest to the venue),
or in a bus or tram to tell the driver/conductor.
You can also purchase a new PASPY card with 2000 yen (includes pre-charged 1500 yen
and 500 yen of deposit) in the same way.

There are many colors of PASPY for the attendees,
bacause several bus/train operators issue the original PASPY card.
  -> http://www.paspy.jp/about/kind.html (in Japanese)
All kinds of PASPY are issued only at the Bus Center
(you can select a card operator to tell the staff of ticker counter).

Thank you.

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:32:28 +0900

-- 
Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Graduate School of Information Sciences,
Hiroshima City University

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:39:22 +0900

Is there an English language web site that gives information about  
routes and procedures for the trams and busses? (Sorry if I missed  
that somewhere)

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:17:54 +0900

Hi,

You can refer the station map and the usage of the tram (street car)
operating by Hiroden railway company in English and Hangeul:
  http://www.hiroden.co.jp/train/rosenzu/streetcar_map.htm
    - Street car route map
    - How to transfer, First/last streetcar schedule and Travel time etc...

There are some related sites about the tram/bus in Hiroshima,
but no definitive information...

  http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~ichiban/index.html
  http://www.hcvb.city.hiroshima.jp/e_navigator/podcast/index.html#kotsu
  http://vehicle34.hp.infoseek.co.jp/bus/aboutbus.html (in Japanese)

Thank you.

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:39:22 +0900