Subject: [76attendees] Wifi on N700 nozomi trains

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:38:39 -0800

Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed it -- is there a  
way for a foreign visitor to Japan who is not a customer of a Japanese  
ISP or mobile phone company to get wifi on the N700 nozomi trains  
between Tokyo and Hiroshima?

I see plenty of SSIDs, but they all seem to require WEP (or similar)  
keys.

I have good 3G Internet access on my iPhone, but nothing for the  
laptop, and there are still several hours to fill on this train :-)

-- 
Sent using large thumbs on tiny keyboard.

---

From: Hideki Sunahara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:02:19 +0900

> laptop, and there are still several hours to fill on this train :-)
One Important Point is "This Internet Connection Service is only 
available between Shin-Osaka and Tokyo". You can't use them between 
Shin-Osaka and Hiroshima.

This service is rely on usual WiFi HotSpot Services. Following Four 
Providers are available on N700 Shinkansen.

- HotSpot (NTT Communications)  http://www.hotspot.ne.jp/en/
- Mzone (NTT docomo) Sorry, I can't find url in English. 
http://www.mopera.net/service/course/wlan/index.html
- BB Mobile Point (Softbank) Sorry, I can't find url in English. 
http://tm.softbank.jp/consumer/wlan/index.html
- UQ Wi-Fi (UQ Communications)  Sorry, I can't find url in English. 
http://www.uqwimax.jp/

If you have WiFi HotSpot Service in your country, sometimes Roaming 
service is available in some services. Please check it.
If not, you can get One day Pass for use in Shinkansen. HotSpot (NTT 
Communications) has "1 Day Passport". This service is available in 
several area in Japan include NARITA airport.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hideki Sunahara
Graduate School of Media Design, Keio University|E-Mail: [email-masked]