Subject: [76attendees] Ghibli Store

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:03:46 +0900

If you're going to be buying toys and knicknacks to bring home, there's
a Ghibli Store (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli for info)
just a few blocks north on Hondori.

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 08:05:58 +0900

Outstanding!!

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:13:00 +0900

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 08:03:46AM +0900,
 Scott Brim <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 7 lines which said:

> If you're going to be buying toys and knicknacks to bring home,
> there's a Ghibli Store (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli for info) just a few
> blocks north on Hondori.

Many thanks for the information. But do you have a more specific
address? Hondori is large. And 'google:ghibli %20store+hiroshima' was
not helpful for me.

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:26:31 +0900

> address? Hondori is large. And 'google:ghibli %20store+hiroshima' was

Stéphane: since someone actually cares, I'll go through the longer
explanation :-)

I haven't been there yet but according to the hotel ... Go up
Fukuromachi (street car street) to Hondori, which is one block south of
the east-west street car street.  Turn left.  In the middle of the block
on the north side the map says "Center" I think, and the woman at
reception made a note, "Donguri Kyouwakoku".  That's where the Ghibli
store is supposed to be.  Exactly one block south of Sogo department store.

If you're anywhere near Cattleya East I could show you the map.  I'm
near the back door of the room.

If you get more specific information, let us know.

Scott

---

From: Jelte Jansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:17:47 +0900

> store is supposed to be.  Exactly one block south of Sogo department store.

I just went there, it is inside the Sunmall on the 4th floor. The english name
of the store is Donguri Republic, mall maps are available at the entrance (which
is almost immediately on your right when you turn left onto hondori).

Be advised that it is a pretty small store, but for me it was certainly worth
it. Thanks for the tip!

Jelte