Subject: [76attendees] Laundry?

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:50:17 +0900

Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

---

From: Rob Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:55:02 +0000

> Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

If you count gaining an extra sock from the Sunroute successful, yep. 
Unfortunately it doesn't match with any of my others. :(

Rob

---

From: John Buford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:56:59 -0500

Yes, got same day service (Hotel Granvia).
Haven't had any problems in past trips to Japan either.

John

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees
>

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:58:31 +0900

> Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

I've successfully washed some clothes in the bathtub using hotel shampoo.

---

From: Seiichi Kawamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:01:07 +0900

If anyone's staying at the Dormy Inn,
Coin laundry is on the 8th floor.

Seiichi

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:25:34 +0900

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:50:17PM +0900,
 Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

No problem at the Mitsui Garden Hotel, same day service, reliable
protocol, all data, I mean clothes, acknowledged and echoed back.

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:35:48 +0900

> protocol, all data, I mean clothes, acknowledged and echoed back.

At the ANA: And individually wrapped, too.  And the wrapped clothes were
wrapped again.  It was a 'festival of packaging'!

--aaron

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:31:37 -0800

>  Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

There's a coin laundry a few blocks from here, marked on the maps 
provided by the ANA concierge.  It's on the corner past the Oriental 
Hotel.  Also, across the street is another hotel, forget the name, 
which has a coin laundry area in the lobby.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Politics offers yesterday's answers to today's problems.
                                     --Marshall McLuhan

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:52:38 +0100

> Has anybody had a successful laundry experience thus far?

/me just used coin laundry recommended at http://www.ietf76.jp/general/

Walk from ANA turn left until you need to cross big crossroad and peds 
crossing is little to left (there is 7/11 across the path), go to that 
7/11 to buy detergent (or you can hope there is the one I had to buy - I 
left it at laundry), then take path parallel with Peace Blv and 7/11 
should be on your left.  Coin laundry is at the end of second block on 
the right side (there was some bicycles around that corner).

Took 38+10 minutes (wash+dry) and 200+100 yen.  Drying time may wary, I 
just needed to wash+dry my jeans.

Ondrej
-- 
  Ondřej Surý
  vedoucí výzkumu/R&D manager
  -------------------------------------------
  CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
  Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
  mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
  tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
  -------------------------------------------