Subject: Re: [76attendees] RFID and toilets

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:08:04 -0800

At 8:09 AM -0800 11/12/09, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

>   Not to brag but: The Toto in my room automatically raises the lid when
>   I enter the room, automatically flushes afterwards and then closes the
>   lid. I don't think it can be programmed to detect gender, but you can
>   probably set it to raise both lid and seat, which currently has to be
>   opened by push of the remote control on the wall.

The Wikipedia entry says "Another recent innovation is intelligent 
sensors that detect someone standing in front of the toilet and 
initiate an automatic raising of the lid (if the person is facing 
away from the toilet) or the lid and seat together (if someone is 
facing the toilet)."

(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan>).

--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
                                             --Edward Abbey

---

From: Dae Young KIM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:29:01 +0900

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Randall Gellens
<[email-masked]<[email-masked]>
> wrote:

> The Wikipedia entry says "Another recent innovation is intelligent sensors
> that detect someone standing in front of the toilet and initiate an
> automatic raising of the lid (if the person is facing away from the toilet)

This happened in one of the fast train in Japan, either in Shikansen
Ezumi(Tokyo-Hakata) or in Haruka(Kyoto-Kansai). Was even scary. I though
some ghost was there in the toilet booth.

> or the lid and seat together (if someone is facing the toilet)."
>

This, I don't remember quite.

> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees
>

-- 
Regards,

DY
http://cnu.kr/~dykim