Subject: [76attendees] Where is there the best Sushi?

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:13:15 +0900

any suggestions - I'm looking at a dinner rather than lunch venue.

Feel free to unicast back if you don't want to further pollute the list.

Thanks! Dave Oran.

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:15:15 +0900

Results for this query would not be pollution!

On Nov 11, 2009, at 4:13 PM, David R Oran wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees

---

From: Jacni Qin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:18:19 +0800

yes, i need the information too!

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:08:22 +0900

Hi,

> Where is there the best Sushi?

Someone tells me there is the best Sushi restrant with uncompromising quality
and craftsmanship(?) in Hiroshima, however, it is so expensive.
The normal price range of Sushi restrants is around 10,000 yen,
while Yoshizushi is over 28,000 yen (except the fee of drink).
A credit card is not acceptable, so you should have many cash...

- Yoshizushi (吉鮨（よしずし）)
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=34.39256,132.459261&z=17
    7 minutes walk from the venue,
    one street south of Hondori Shopping Street

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:13:15 +0900

-- 
Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Graduate School of Information Sciences,
Hiroshima City University
TEL: 082-830-1660

---

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:27:32 +0900

If you don't mind paying the bucks I would recommend;
  (Never tried myself but supposedly the best sushi place in town)

Yoshi-zushi : http://tinyurl.com/ylxrt6w

  For a little less you can try

Sakamoto-yaichibei :
  Map: http://tinyurl.com/y8engmx
  Website: http://www.ichibei.com/

  For less you can try

  sushidining GAZAN :
   Map: http://tinyurl.com/yehn28j

  And if you don't need the rice and want sashimi alone,
try the following.

  Sakana-ichiba :
   Map: http://tinyurl.com/ygzybar

  You can get a whole live squid cut into sashimi,
it comes out alive and it's GOOD.

  Regards
   Shida

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:00:48 +0900

> The normal price range of Sushi restrants is around 10,000 yen,

The LA team tells me several Sushi restrants they recommended,
price range is from 5,000 to 10,000 yen:

* the word 'zushi' is the same as 'sushi' (according to sequential voicing)
    -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendaku

- Tokumi-zushi (とくみ鮨)
    http://www.hotpepper.jp/strJ000521043/
  adjacent (east) building of the venue

- Kobayashi (こばやし)
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34007831/dtlmap/
  15 minutes walk from the venue

- Asuka-zushi (飛鳥鮨)
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34001668/dtlmap/
  15 minutes walk from the venue

- Sushi-tei (すし亭)
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34000569/dtlmap/
    http://areamap.ietf76.jp/lunch/shop/?confer=1&genre=0&shop=3
  reasonable price (2000 - 3000 yen)
  15 minutes walk from the venue, adjacent of Mitsukoshi Department Store

The list of Sushi restrants blow, there are many (over 30) Sushi
restrants around the venue.
  http://www.11sushi.com/content/view/14/17/

Please refer to the hotel concierge for detail.

Enjoy!

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:08:22 +0900

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:23:12 +0900

I've added one recommendation heard from the city staff,
and resend the list.

- Kihiro (紀廣（きひろ）)
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34002846/dtlmap/
  20 minutes walk from the venue

- Tokumi-zushi (とくみ鮨)

- Kobayashi (こばやし)

- Asuka-zushi (飛鳥鮨)

- Sushi-tei (すし亭)
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34000569/dtlmap/
    http://areamap.ietf76.jp/lunch/shop/?confer=1&genre=0&shop=3
  reasonable price (2000 - 3000 yen)
  15 minutes walk from the venue, adjacent of Mitsukoshi Department Store
  There is also another chain-shop around Kamiya-cho sta. (the Bus Center):
    http://r.tabelog.com/hiroshima/A3401/A340101/34000568/dtlmap/

Enjoy!

---

From: Yi Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:00:25 -0600

I tried the live squid sashimi at Sakana-ichiba tonight and it was
excellent! Check http://r.gnavi.co.jp/fl/en/y017600/ (the website of
Sakana-ichiba at another location) to see how it looks like. If you feel you
have enough raw squid, you can ask the restaurant to cook the rest of it,
grill or fried (best calamari I have ever had!)

Yi 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Shida Schubert
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:28 AM
To: Eric Burger
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [76attendees] Where is there the best Sushi?

Sakamoto-yaichibei :

  For less you can try

  sushidining GAZAN :

  Sakana-ichiba :

  Regards
   Shida

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:51:46 +0100

Here is the picture of the live squid.

It was really good.

Sorry if I bother somebody with the picture.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Shida Schubert
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. November 2009 19:28
An: Eric Burger
Cc: [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [76attendees] Where is there the best Sushi?

Sakamoto-yaichibei :

  For less you can try

  sushidining GAZAN :

  Sakana-ichiba :

  Regards
   Shida

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:56:31 +0900

>   Map: http://tinyurl.com/yehn28j

We went to Gazan last night.  It was Y9,500 for 2.5 of us, for the same 
quantity of sushi we enjoy in California for $120.  The quality of the
sushi in Gazan was far better than our sushi restaurant in California
(Tomi-Sushi in Sunnyvale).  They don't speak much English but the sushi 
chef speaks some english and it worked out very well.  Three happy
customers!

Thanks, Shida!
-d