Subject: [76attendees] Moving sushi

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:37:39 -0800 (PST)

Someone asked me about places that serves sushi that moves in a boat 
or on a conveyor belt. I accidentally ran into such a place in the
sub-basement of Sogo today (B1F). It's down at the end of a little
alley with a bakery opposite and a drugstore near by.

It's called Nonta Sushi and works similar to this but isn't quite as
lively:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ovw9R6tRY

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:49:39 +0900

>alley with a bakery opposite and a drugstore near by.

This sort of information, while greatly appreciated, isn't 
particularly optimal, because - based on these directions - the place 
will still be rather hard to find.  (For starters, where/what is 
"Sogo"?)  As many of us have found, finding one's way around in 
Japanese cities can be non-trivial, to put it mildly.

It would be even more helpful if people could post latitude/longitude 
for places, if they know it (e.g., if they have a GPS receiver).

As my own humble contribution to this cause, here is the 
latitude/longitude for the "Okonami-mura" building, which contains 
several Okonomi-yaki restaurants:	34.39187,132.46204

	Ross.

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:07:05 +0900

>Shame on you, you did not use the format of RFC 5545 :-)

Unfortunately that format does not work in Google Earth or Google 
Maps.  However, the comma-separated decimal latitude,longitude format 
(e.g., 34.39187,132.46204  ) can be pasted directly into those tools.

	Ross.

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:01:28 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, I was sort of assuming that most people had picked up the 
provided map or looked at the local host website whereon Sogo
is clearly marked, it's near the Rihga Hotel by the way...

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> This sort of information, while greatly appreciated, isn't particularly
> optimal, because - based on these directions - the place will still be rather
> hard to find.  (For starters, where/what is "Sogo"?)  As many of us have
> found, finding one's way around in Japanese cities can be non-trivial, to put
> it mildly.
> 
> It would be even more helpful if people could post latitude/longitude for
> places, if they know it (e.g., if they have a GPS receiver).
> 
> As my own humble contribution to this cause, here is the latitude/longitude
> for the "Okonami-mura" building, which contains several Okonomi-yaki
> restaurants:	34.39187,132.46204
> 
> 	Ross.
> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees
>

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:18:39 -0800

At 6:49 PM +0900 11/11/09, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> particularly optimal, because - based on these directions - the 
> place will still be rather hard to find.  (For starters, where/what 
> is "Sogo"?)

It's very low-tech, but the concierge can provide directions and a 
map that clearly shows us and the SOGO department store.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
If I had my life to live over, I'd live over a delicatessen.
                                                  --Unknown