Subject: [76attendees] RFID experiment suggestions

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:26:27 +0900

Hi,

the RFID experiment seems to be working well. A few suggestions:

* it'd be neat for remote attendees if when a tag is scanned, the name  
and affiliation would automatically be posted into the WG jabber room,  
instead of only been shown on the screen

* it'd be good if the tag readers were mounted a bit higher - the  
lanyards are too short to quickly touch the tag to the reader (my tag  
is behind my badge)

* the name/affiliation info on the screen doesn't seem to  
automatically time out?

Lars

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:29:11 +0900

> instead of only been shown on the screen

That was done in the original RFID experiment a few years ago. Should be
easy enough.

/psa

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:31:46 +0900

> lanyards are too short to quickly touch the tag to the reader (my tag 
It's at the perfect height for me. :-)

pr

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:34:46 +0900

> It's at the perfect height for me. :-)

Yeah, what are these peole complaining about?

(said as Tom Taylor tries to swipe his badge)

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:37:03 +0900

> Yeah, what are these peole complaining about?

The readers seem to be at a reasonable offset from the microphone
height... but speakers don't raise and lower the microphone to their own
height, and the microphone has a much more significant capture range
than the RFID reader.

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
skype: kpfleming | jabber: [email-masked]
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 16:54:16 -0800 (PST)

What we need is those retractable thingys for our badge holders, as 
seen at RIPE and APNIC meetings. Another "sponsorship opportunity"
I guess :-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:17:34 +0900

I've found that if you grab the reader, and move it to where you badge is,
you don't bang the mic into your eye.

On 11/9/09 9:54 AM, "Ole Jacobsen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 76attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees

-- 
Joe Hildebrand

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:21:23 +0900

> you don't bang the mic into your eye.

Also, there is a 'blank' RFID tag hanging below the reader; if there is
nobody in line behind you to speak when you are done, swipe that tag in
front of the reader so the system won't display that you are still the
speaker.

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:37:09 +0100

Anyone that know if there are a place to get a good IPA,
preferable Smutty Nose, Bells 2 Hearted or Hoop otin' (AVBC).

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: Frode Kileng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:00:09 +0900

Don't know about the IPA's you're listing but tasted a great Japanese 
IPA Saturday at Golden Garden. It's called W-IPA and I think it's brewed 
by the Minoi brewery from Osaka.

frodek

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:21:34 -0800

> by the Minoi brewery from Osaka.

I would be very surprised to find e.g. the excellent Smutty Nose here.
I've done some investigations and my hopes are not very high for craft
beers here.

If anyone knows where to find Japanese craft beers, please speak up. Two
really great Japanese microbreweries are Hitachino and Kadoya. They are
available outside Japan too.

Stig

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:54:41 +0900

Good suggestions, Lars.

Also, am I the only who neglected to read the manual before trying to 
use the system? I didn't realize that I have to opt-in... it might have 
been helpful if the system had displayed "unregistered ietf participant" 
when presented with a card that has not been opted-in yet... What the 
system does now is simply nothing. Its hard to tell if that was a layer 
1 problem or merely incorrect configuration.

Jari

---

From: 中村 修 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:47:32 +0900

Jari,

Thank you for your comment.
I agree your comment. This is first time to us with opt-in/opt-out  
procedure.
I will modify for futre activities.

		osamu

On 2009/11/09, at 17:54, Jari Arkko wrote:

> Good suggestions, Lars.
>
> Also, am I the only who neglected to read the manual before trying  
> to use the system? I didn't realize that I have to opt-in... it  
> might have been helpful if the system had displayed "unregistered  
> ietf participant" when presented with a card that has not been opted- 
> in yet... What the system does now is simply nothing. Its hard to  
> tell if that was a layer 1 problem or merely incorrect configuration.
>
> Jari
>

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:12:41 +0900

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 05:54:41PM +0900,
 Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> Also, am I the only who neglected to read the manual before trying to use 
> the system? I didn't realize that I have to opt-in... 

There have been a long discussion on the general mailing list when the
system was announced a few months ago. Many persons (for instance me)
were worried about the lack of a privacy policy and the absence of
information on the use of the data. "Opt-in" was partially a response
to these worries.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:49:29 +0900

Stephane,

> Many persons (for instance me)

Yes -- I remember that discussion. I'm not arguing that we should remove 
opt-in. I'm arguing that when I show my card to the device it should say 
"error: you have not opted in!" instead of being completely silent. I 
think that is doable without revealing anything about the relationship 
of the RFID card and the person who it has been given to... but I could 
easily be missing something obvious.

Jari

---

From: Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:05:36 +0900

> available outside Japan too.

There is "Kure Beer" of microbrewery in Hiroshima Prefecture.
(Kure is adjacent city of Hiroshima City)
  http://www.kurebeer.com/f01.html (in Japanese)

The brands of Kure Beer are "Kaigun-san no beer" (海軍さんの麦酒)
and "Kujira beer" (鯨ビール).
(Kaigun in Japanese means the navy, Kujira means whale)

The restrant of Kure Beer is located at the east of JR Kure station,
Kure City. From the venue, it takes 30 minutes from JR Hiroshima sta.
to JR Kure sta. using JR Kure line.

If you visit to Kure, Yamato Museum is great! (my recommendation!)
Yamato was the largest battle ship of Japan in world war II,
constracted in Kure, Hiroshima.
Yamato Museum is located in the south of JR Kure station,
5 minutes walk from the station, directly connected the passageway.
  http://www.yamato-museum.com/en/
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPBpeaUZaY

Thank you.

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:21:34 -0800

-- 
Hiroyuki INOUE <[email-masked]>
Graduate School of Information Sciences,
Hiroshima City University

---

From: Keiji Takeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:52:45 +0900

If you are looking for microbrewery beer in Hiroshima
I googled one in walk distance though it is not an IPA.

Heiwa Kobo has its brewery and own local beer brand of Heiwa.
(meaning 'peace' in Japanese)

http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=en&view=map&cid=9778242987587394552&ved=0CBEQpQY&ei=3gr5SsmZOoL0NPSgnLYP&ll=34.39379,132.464004&spn=0.008287,0.01929&z=16&iwloc=A

keiji

---

From: Keiji Takeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:38:00 +0900

Some more info.

If you stick to IPA ...

SAM'S CAFE 13 seems having some IPAs at least RED HOOK IPA.
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?spn=0.015688,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=10272560217759035767

Irish Pubs where they have many kinds of beers.

MOLLY MALONE'S
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?spn=0.016573,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=2473177289697879061

Celtic
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?spn=0.016572,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=3344350052949123696

---

From: Masato Minda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:39:18 +0900

I examined it on the WEB page. Heiwa-Kobo seems to have closed the store.

---

From: Keiji Takeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:47:28 +0900

Yeah, I'm sorry, it has been closed.

thank you for your update.

Keiji