Subject: [76attendees] avoid isms when discussing Net Neutrality

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:26:22 +0900

Is Net Neutrality a Communist Plot? ("Declassified DoD Film")

                http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000627.html

Greetings.  As a strong supporter of Net Neutrality 
( http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000625.html ), I've been increasingly
concerned by recent accusations from some anti-neutrality forces and
media commentators, who claim that Net Neutrality is actually an
insidious and dangerous "communist plot" that must be destroyed at all
costs.

Such a characterization has seemed utterly ridiculous to me, and
hopefully also to most other reasonable observers.

However, a friend of mine working at a certain "Three-Initial Agency"
(that must remain unnamed) recently uncovered a long-lost U.S.
government film that appears to shed unexpected light on accusations
of a linkage between communist/Marxist ideologies and Net Neutrality.

He managed to get the short film (only a few minutes long) rapidly
declassified and shipped it out to me.  I've now digitized the 16mm
print and brought it online.

The complete film (with associated very brief explanatory text, etc.
that I've included) can be viewed at the YouTube link:

   Is Net Neutrality a Communist Plot?

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fCLFKlYW3c   

I must admit, the film certainly had an impact on me!

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
[email-masked]
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR
   - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, NNSquad
   - Network Neutrality Squad - http://www.nnsquad.org
Founder, GCTIP - Global Coalition 
   for Transparent Internet Performance - http://www.gctip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurenweinstein

-- 
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked]