Subject: Re: [84attendees] car ride to Burlington, WA on Friday afternoon ?

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 2012 18:25:56 -0700

>> I'm contemplating spending the week-end in the San Juan Islands.

> Could this bus service work for you: http://www.quickcoach.com/

It doesn't stop in Burlington, probably not.

Plan B: the San Juan Island ferries go to Vancouver Island, where Victoria is. 
You can get to Victoria via the little float planes in Coal Harbour, or the 
Pacific Coach bus which goes from to Tsawwassen and takes the to Victoria.  In 
Victoria you can take the #72 local bus to Sidney, where the ferry to Anacortes 
leaves.

Bus to Victoria: 
http://www.pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/Crosswater/Vancouver-to-Victoria

Local bus in Victoria/Sidney: 
http://bctransit.com/regions/vic/schedules/map.cfm?line=72

WA state ferry from Sidney to Anacortes: 
http://www.wsdot.com/Ferries/Schedule/ScheduleDetailByRoute.aspx?route=ana-sid

This is probably too much for anyone who isn't a transit weenie, but the IETF 
sure has its share of us transit weenies.

R's,
John

---

From: Jordan Melzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:57:18 -0600

Alternately, the Canada Line to Bridgeport Station then the 620 to Tsawwassen, the Tsawwassen ferry to Swartz Bay and one of three different buses form Swartz Bay to Sidney would get one to the Sidney terminal in time to catch the 5:55pm San Juan ferry, but probably only if one left downtown before about 1:30pm.  I'm not sure how long boarding a ferry takes.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John R Levine
Sent: July-31-12 6:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [84attendees] car ride to Burlington, WA on Friday afternoon ?

Plan B: the San Juan Island ferries go to Vancouver Island, where Victoria is. 
You can get to Victoria via the little float planes in Coal Harbour, or the Pacific Coach bus which goes from to Tsawwassen and takes the to Victoria.  In Victoria you can take the #72 local bus to Sidney, where the ferry to Anacortes leaves.

Bus to Victoria: 

This is probably too much for anyone who isn't a transit weenie, but the IETF sure has its share of us transit weenies.

R's,
John
_______________________________________________
84attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/84attendees