Subject: [84attendees] coffee

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:59:28 -0700

revolver coffee <http://revolvercoffee.ca/> turns out not to open until
08:00.  this is a very serious problem for us early risers.  is there a
nearby second best?

randy

---

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:11:24 -0400

> 08:00.  this is a very serious problem for us early risers.  is there a
Starbucks VIA.  In Paris, I had to purchase an electric kettle and left it
for the maid when I departed.  Hopefully Vancouver is a little more relaxed
re: in-room coffee makers ;-)

-K-

> randy
> _______________________________________________
> 84attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/84attendees

---

From: "Shew, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:12:24 -0400

There is a local coffee chain called Caffe Artigiano and they have a location 280 meters from the Hyatt which opens at 05:30.
https://www.caffeartigiano.com:3691/Location_Vancouver_Hornby.aspx

I discovered them a few years ago and in my opinion, they have the best coffee in the world.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randy Bush
Sent: 25 July, 2012 11:59
To: attendees
Subject: [84attendees] coffee

revolver coffee <http://revolvercoffee.ca/> turns out not to open until 08:00.  this is a very serious problem for us early risers.  is there a nearby second best?

randy

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:19:04 -0700

On 7/25/2012 8:59 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
> 08:00.  this is a very serious problem for us early risers.

Sexy place.

 > is there a nearby second best?

I haven't visited, but I see that http://www.jjbeancoffee.com/cafes has 
several locations within a few blocks,
740 Hamilton St., Weekdays: 7:30am-4:00pm, Closed on weekends & holidays
146 W. Cordova St., Monday-Friday 7am-7pm, Weekends 8am-5pm
1188 Alberni St., Monday-Friday 6am-10pm, Weekends 7am-10pm

My last few visits to Vancouver Caffe Artigiano didn't make great 
espresso (but does have good milk drinks), but I will point out
http://www.espressomap.com lists three locations of Caffe Artigiano
nearby, closest is 763 Hornby St, 300m away.  Opens at 6:30am.

-d

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:19:37 -0700

I actually get to Van tomorrow. So I'll report on the weekend. 

randy, on a stinkin' iPhone

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:19:49 -0600

I was in Vancouver few weeks ago and Artigiano is definitely a good option.
I also stumbled on this little place called Mario's Coffee (595 Howe Street
is pretty close to the Hyatt) which I would recommend - I thought they had
good coffee and nice people - though it was a little pricey and I don't
know how early they open.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Shew, Stephen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There is a local coffee chain called Caffe Artigiano and they have a
> location 280 meters from the Hyatt which opens at 05:30.

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 00:24:35 -0700

A list from the guy who started coffeegeek.com and lives in Vancouver,
https://plus.google.com/u/0/100909546646242432417/posts/apVUQbfRqPZ

I haven't mapped them yet to see which are near-ish the venue. 

-d

On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:19 AM, Dan Wing <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I haven't visited, but I see that http://www.jjbeancoffee.com/cafes has several locations within a few blocks,
> My last few visits to Vancouver Caffe Artigiano didn't make great espresso (but does have good milk drinks), but I will point out

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:15:50 -0700

> I haven't mapped them yet to see which are near-ish the venue. 

revolver, my fave and his, is the closest to the hyatt from hell.  and
it's a walk.

across cambie is meat and bread, which i recommend for lunch

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:16:51 -0700

> revolver, my fave and his, is the closest to the hyatt from hell.  and

but it is not open until eight o'clock.  you would think they were
serving wine, not coffee.  sheesh!

---

From: Asa Hardcastle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:23:16 -0700

Revolver is closed today...

Asa

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:59:47 -0700

> Revolver is closed today...

i know.  we went to jj bean.  close.  tolerable.  but ...

randy

---

From: Asa Hardcastle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:35:28 -0700

Revolver is open and excellent.
Asa

---

From: Wassim Haddad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:26:08 -0400

Cafe Artigiano might be a good compromise and is less than 5 min walk from Hyatt hotel.

Wassim H.

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Cafe Artigiano might be a good compromise and is less than 5 min walk from Hyatt hotel.

A little too bitter for my taste :)

Paul

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:33:58 -0700

>> Cafe Artigiano might be a good compromise and is less than 5 min walk

while indeed it might, i felt that it did not succeed.

> A little too bitter for my taste :)

jj bean, two blocks away, order medium roast.  i found them quite
acceptable.

randy

---

From: Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:42:01 -0700

I'm geeking out too much; I read that as "resolver".

Now back to figuring out -- remotely -- why the Macs in my house are 
pointing to the wrong DNS servers...

>> i know.  we went to jj bean.  close.  tolerable.  but ...

		--Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:45:14 -0700

> pointing to the wrong DNS servers...

there are no right dns servers

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:49:10 -0700

These are not the DNS servers you're looking for.

---

From: Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:58:04 -0700

Fortunately, IPv6 let me log in to those machines directly from here;
equally fortunately, on Macs there's a way to correct such things from
the command line.  And why it was wrong in the first place?  Well, I'm
busy building an X-based browser on a NetBSD machine to let me log into
the cable modem/NAT box.  I suspect a bad DHCP response; I just don't
yet know why.

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm geeking out too much; I read that as "resolver".

Ohhh! I wondered why google maps could not find it. And I thought
it was a funny name for a coffee place.

Paul