Subject: [84attendees] IETF 84 Hyatt Guest Room Network Update

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:00:25 -0700

Welcome to Vancouver! 

	For those staying in the Grand Hyatt Vancouver, the NOC team wanted to let you know that the entirety of the hotel network has just been cut over to the IETF network. That is, both wired and wireless in the guest rooms and in the lobby/bar/restaurant area all connect back to the IETF net, use our IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and goes out through our 1G links to the Internet (Thanks Telus!). The one exception is the Starbucks wireless which is unchanged. [Note: The public areas are still being converted, so give us a few minutes before reporting problems]

	Please note however, that the original SSIDs are still in place. So in your guestroom, the "Hyatt_Vancouver" SSID is what you should use. If you're currently connected and seeing problems, please re-DHCP (plug/unplug your cable, turn on/off your wifi, or just reboot) to get a new address. 

	If you have any problems, please let us know! Network details and the trouble ticketing system are at http://tickets.meeting.ietf.org or you can just email to [email-masked].

	Have a good meeting!

	- Jim & the NOC team

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:50:16 -0400

<like!>

---

From: "Gellert, Dorothy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:51:06 -0400

You guys are Awesome!  Thanks for taking such good care of us!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jim Martin
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [84attendees] IETF 84 Hyatt Guest Room Network Update

	Welcome to Vancouver! 

	For those staying in the Grand Hyatt Vancouver, the NOC team
wanted to let you know that the entirety of the hotel network has just
been cut over to the IETF network. That is, both wired and wireless in
the guest rooms and in the lobby/bar/restaurant area all connect back to
the IETF net, use our IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and goes out through our
1G links to the Internet (Thanks Telus!). The one exception is the
Starbucks wireless which is unchanged. [Note: The public areas are still
being converted, so give us a few minutes before reporting problems]

	Please note however, that the original SSIDs are still in place.
So in your guestroom, the "Hyatt_Vancouver" SSID is what you should use.
If you're currently connected and seeing problems, please re-DHCP
(plug/unplug your cable, turn on/off your wifi, or just reboot) to get a
new address. 

	If you have any problems, please let us know! Network details
and the trouble ticketing system are at http://tickets.meeting.ietf.org
or you can just email to [email-masked].

	Have a good meeting!

	- Jim & the NOC team
_______________________________________________
84attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/84attendees