Subject: [84attendees] V6 @Vancouver

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:16:17 -0700

I connected my reasonably-modern 10.7 Mac to the V6 WiFi at the meeting
today, and very little worked.  Should I be surprised?

 -T

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:18:13 -0700

> I connected my reasonably-modern 10.7 Mac to the V6 WiFi at the
> meeting today, and very little worked.  Should I be surprised?

wfm.  help desk in term room is your first stop.  

or find our gang on 34

randy

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:21:35 -0700

My IPv6 works just fine. I'm even getting IPv6 DNS servers on my shiny 
new 10.8 install.

~Carlos

On 2012-07-30 4:16 PM, Tim Bray wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 84attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/84attendees

---

From: Rob Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:23:34 -0700

> I connected my reasonably-modern 10.7 Mac to the V6 WiFi at the meeting today, and very little worked.  Should I be surprised?

Do you mean the v6-only WiFi?  Welcome to the cause... :)

Rob

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:29:44 -0700

Well,

there seems to be a problem with the ietf-nat64 ssid, i'm not getting 
any configuration from the network.

The ietf-ipv6 ssid works just fine. You can check Google and Facebook 
and hopefully www.lacnic.net (**grin**) but of course little else works. 
As a side comment, 10.8 connects to the ipv6-only network without 
complaining that 'there is no internet access' like 10.6 did. I don't 
remember having tested this on 10.7, maybe others can comment.

~Carlos

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:34:01 -0700

> any configuration from the network.

I've been asked a few times already, so I'm saying it publicly: this 
time we (Viagénie) have *not* brought our NAT64 setup to IETF. So we 
have no idea what any problems might be.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:34:33 -0700

10.7 works fine with v6 only.

.as

On 30 Jul 2012, at 16:29, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:

> Well,
> 
> there seems to be a problem with the ietf-nat64 ssid, i'm not getting any configuration from the network.
> 
> The ietf-ipv6 ssid works just fine. You can check Google and Facebook and hopefully www.lacnic.net (**grin**) but of course little else works. As a side comment, 10.8 connects to the ipv6-only network without complaining that 'there is no internet access' like 10.6 did. I don't remember having tested this on 10.7, maybe others can comment.
> 
> ~Carlos
> 
>> My IPv6 works just fine. I'm even getting IPv6 DNS servers on my shiny new 10.8 install.
>> 
>> ~Carlos
>>

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 00:40:39 +0100

> My IPv6 works just fine. I'm even getting IPv6 DNS servers on my shiny new 10.8 install.

DHCPv6 support was in previous versions, but yes it's a useful feature :)

Tim