Subject: [85attendees] Hamburger places in ATL

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:56:56 -0200

Hi all,

I happen to have long-time friends and family in the ATL area, and one
thing that I always find very enjoyable there is visiting the local
hamburger places. ATLers argue a lot about which one is the best,
although in under unbiased outsider view, I like all of them.

A couple of links:

http://www.zagat.com/atlanta/hamburgers-restaurants
http://business.intuit.com/boorah-restaurants/cu/ATLANTA/104/Hamburgers.html

I particularly like the Vortex, where they have one burger called the
'Triple Bypass', because that's the surgery you are going to need after
having one ;-)

cheers!

~Carlos

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:17:01 -0700

Just a warning about the Vortex -- they allow smoking.  I stopped going
there because you really can't get away from it, and frankly IMHO it
ruins the meal.

But yes, there are a bunch of Burger places around Midtown, including
Yeah Burger (where you can get a decent Buffalo Burger), and Flip (a
higher-class burger restaurant by Top Chef winner Richard Blais).  Both
of these places are in West Midtown on Howell Mill, around 14th or a bit
northward.

There (used to be?) 5 Napkin Burger at 10th and Piedmont, a block from
where I used to live, but I heard it might've closed and I haven't been
down that way in a long time so I cannot verify.  There's also Joe's on
Juniper (at 11th and Juniper), but they also allow smoking in some
places, but it's better than Vortex (in terms of smoke).

There are plenty of other burger places around, too, but they are
further away from the Hilton.

-derek

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 16:56 -0200, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 85attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/85attendees

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:14:49 +0000

There is always the Hilton Burger ;)

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf of Derek Atkins [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, 22 October 2012 10:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [85attendees] Hamburger places in ATL

-derek

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:17:28 +0000

Every time a dish is associated with the words "our famous", or "our world famous", I tend to avoid it. Too many disappointments :)

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 23. lokakuuta 2012 16:14
To: Christer Holmberg; Derek Atkins; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [85attendees] Hamburger places in ATL

No, actually at Hilton people should eat the famous Club Sandwich.

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of ext Christer Holmberg
> Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:15 PM
> To: Derek Atkins; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on
behalf of
> Derek Atkins [[email-masked]]
http://business.intuit.com/boorah-restaurants/cu/ATLANTA/104/Hamburgers.
html

---

From: "Hongyu Li (Julio)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:08:24 +0000

My experience with Taipei told me something both recommended and seconded by local residence can be reeeeeeeeealy good.
Hongyu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Christer Holmberg
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:17 PM
To: Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich); Derek Atkins; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [85attendees] Hamburger places in ATL

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 23. lokakuuta 2012 16:14
To: Christer Holmberg; Derek Atkins; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [85attendees] Hamburger places in ATL

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

behalf of

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:34:33 -0400

The smoking can suck, but with such a great slogan I can't help but go ;)

spt