Subject: [85attendees] Atlanta airport security for international arrivals

From: Robert Cragie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:17:52 +0000

IIRC, one thing I experienced last time I flew to Atlanta (just over a 
year ago) is that Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport has a slightly odd 
arrangement that all passengers on international flights still have to 
recheck their bags and go through security *on arrival* even if they are 
not connecting. And then pick their bags up in another place before 
leaving the airport. So it might be worth bearing this in mind if you 
are in a hurry to get somewhere.

If anyone has more up-to-date information, it would be useful to know.

Robert

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 10:22:02 -0700

Hi,

This information is out of date.

With the opening of the new Terminal F earlier this year there is now an
International Terminal with landside ingress/egress.  So International
Arrivals into ATL no longer need to go back through security to exit the
airport, you can exit Terminal F.

The downside is that you need to take a shuttle over to the Domestic
Terminal in order to reach MARTA.  But no, you do NOT need to go through
security again and claim your bag a second time.

-derek