Subject: [85attendees] couple things for return trip

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:33:59 -0800

I'm on flight home now, just to share couple things:

1/ you need to take south-bound MARTA train to airport (for me the entrance was not the easiest to find)
2/ ALT has quite a line at security check, at least for this afternoon.

Lixia

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 06:30:20 -0800

> 1/ you need to take south-bound MARTA train to airport (for me the entrance was not the easiest to find)

There are two escalators down to the Peachtree Center MARTA, one on each
side of Peachtree Street.  Unfortunately the set on *our* side is closed
for maintenance, so you have to cross Peachtree to the other side.  The
entrance is kind of hidden around a corner, set back about 20' from the
street.  There is a small sign pointing the way, but it is easy to miss.
There is also an elevator that will take you down.

IMHO the best way to get there from the Hilton is via the skyway to
peachtree mall.  From the IETF level walk west across the bridge to the
Marriott Marquis.  Go up two levels and continue walking west across the
hotel.  You'll see signs for "Marquis One, Peachtree Mall, MARTA" on the
left, and "Marquis Two, Hyatt Hotel" on the right.  Take the left turn,
go through Marquis One, round the corner by the security desk, and take
the bridge to the mall.  Go through the mall and follow signs to the
MARTA.  Once you get through the food court and close to the exit you
will see the closed escalator -- the working one is almost directly
across Peachtree (it's about 20-30 feet further south from "directly
across".  So you'll have to go up to street level, cross, and then find
the down escalator.

> 2/ ALT has quite a line at security check, at least for this afternoon.

The lines are variable, but I would plan for ~20 minute waits on
average.  Often wait times are under 10, sometimes they are over 30.

Hope you all have safe trips home!

> Lixia

-derek