Subject: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:53:18 -0500

As usual, the hotel air condition is extremely cool.

Is the hotel or the IETF going to pay for the medical and leave expenses ?

This is in addition against the planet conservation, WASTING energy all
day around.

Regards,
Jordi

**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:58:42 +0100

I agree that it's rather cold...

-- iuniana 

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
Envoyé : mardi 6 novembre 2012 20:53
À : [email-masked]; IETF Secretariat
Objet : [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

This is in addition against the planet conservation, WASTING energy all day around.

Regards,
Jordi

_______________________________________________
85attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/85attendees

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:06:40 -0500

Hi Jordi,

Is it a particular room that is cold or is it the whole meeting space?

I will talk with the hotel about adjusting the temperature.

Thank you for letting us know, please send future comments to [email-masked] 

Marcia

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:07:03 -0600

> This is in addition against the planet conservation, WASTING energy all

It's cold and humid outside. The air handlers are mostly pumping in outside air, which is being warmed by waste heat from the building's operation and our laptops. This is pretty much "peak efficiency state" for a commercial building. Heating it more would waste MORE energy, not less.

--
Dean

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:12:23 -0500

> Is the hotel or the IETF going to pay for the medical and leave expenses ?

I do not think that we are getting close to hypothermia...

> Regards, Jordi

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:28:55 -0500

Personally I find it very pleasant inside today.
(It was overly warm in the crowd during the cookie break.)

ISTM that there are a wide range of temperature preferences.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:27:42 -0500

Sorry, I gave the wrong address to send comments to, it should be:

[email-masked]

Sorry for the confusion!
Marcia

>> This is in addition against the planet conservation, WASTING energy all

Marcia Beaulieu / Meeting Planner / IETF
Association Management Solutions, LLC
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1 510 492 4083
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com

---

From: David Lamparter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:31:50 -0500

> ISTM that there are a wide range of temperature preferences.

Let's have a hum about the temperature?
(I'm freezing, in a pullover.)

-David

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:33:33 -0500

> ISTM that there are a wide range of temperature preferences.

I've also noticed that the temperature isn't entirely consistent from room to room.   It did feel a bit chilly to me in most places, but it was nice and warm in the Salon C/D/E vestibule.   I suspect that tweaking it will not be a huge win.   It will probably be warmer tomorrow.

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:34:56 -0600

> (I'm freezing, in a pullover.)

We need a differential thermal routing protocol. "maxwelld", anybody?

--
Dean

---

From: David Lamparter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:37:42 -0500

> > Is it a particular room that is cold or is it the whole meeting space?

Salon B/C/D+Hallway are particularly cold.  Break area is OK right now
IMveryHO (though on the lower end).

> > I will talk with the hotel about adjusting the temperature.

Thanks.

-David

---

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:38:41 +0000

The IETF's goal is to keep the brightest minds well preserved. ;-)

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:51:44 -0600

We have this same discussion every meeting.  Feeling cold is totally
subjective. One can always put on more clothing (I have a very warm
pashmina that I can lend someone) but most of us would prefer not to
take off too much clothing ourselves nor have others do so.  So, it's
much easier for an individual to solve the too cold problem on their
own than to make all the people that aren't too cold even warmer.  I
have a sweater that I have taken off and on over the past two days as
I have moved between rooms of various temperatures. I did use my
pashmina in one meeting on Sunday, but I was wearing a skirt, so was
more easily chilled than normal.    Also, there is hot beverages
during breaks which are nice when one is feeling chilly.

Mary.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:53:01 -0500

On monday, in a T-shirt I froze in Salon C, at the WG table.

I was not cold outside in said T-shirt.  I ran at 6am this morning in
shorts, in the rain, and I wasn't cold.  Today, I'm in long sleeves, and
I'm okay.

The hotels all seem to err on the side of making us too cold.
I'd rather they erred a bit on the other side.  Too bad IoT can't
collect data from all our devices, watches, etc... :-)

-- 
Michael Richardson
-on the road-

---

From: "Pat Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:58:57 +0000

I understand that concept, but in Salon C this morning and Salon D this afternoon, I was wearing my fleece jacket and was still very cold. Others in jackets were complaining about the cold as well so these rooms could stand to be warmer without anyone in them having to shed clothing excessively.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mary Barnes
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; IETF Secretariat
Subject: Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

Mary.

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:59:27 -0500

I simply disagree, there are reasonable temperatures for everyone to have
a mid point, and the hotel responsibility is to continuously monitor for
it, and no need to wait for a complain. They get paid for doing the work
correctly, not for waiting until we complain.

I agree with some deviations in temperature, but in the SALON C and around
is always freezing.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012 15:51
Para: Jordi Palet Martinez <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>, IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Asunto: Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

>> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or
>>confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
>>individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be
>>aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
>>of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.
>>
>>
>>

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:00:57 -0800

Please keep in mind that Atlanta is also called "Hotlanta" for a reason.
There is a significant portion of the year where the city is overly hot
and extremely muggy.  As a result the buildings are designed to take the
95F/95% days and keep the insides comfortable.  This implies the Air
Conditioning is overly powerful.  Heat, on the other hand, isn't used as
often, mostly because people are good heat sources and more often than
not you have large crowds and still need to remove heat, even when it's
chillier outside.

-derek

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:04:53 -0500

It is a very hard task to balance the AC for a meeting room that is 
empty and then has 500 people in it and is then empty again.

you have to front end load the waste heat removal or it's going to be 
rather windy, the room is therefore cold when empty.

each human should be roughly 400 joules an hour plus laptop.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:10:35 -0500

> I agree with some deviations in temperature, but in the SALON C and around

So, what is the magic number? 68, 70, 72? (Farenheit)

---

From: "STARK, BARBARA H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:08:11 +0000

> I'd rather they erred a bit on the other side.  

People don't tend to emit odors when they're too cold.
Having been in a too-warm room of packed people in the past, I'm very appreciative of the hotel's erring in the "cold" direction.
People also are less likely to fall asleep during presentations. 
Barbara

---

From: cathy aronson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:09:16 -0500

This is the first IETF that I haven't been cold in the meeting rooms.  My
jacket and sweater have been in my room the whole time.  I am surprised
that folks think it has been cold.

I won't be needing medical and leave expenses  :)
----Cathy

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
> information, including attached files, is prohibited.
>
>
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:18:13 -0600

I'm in Salon A and the thermometer on my  backpack indicates that it's
78 F in the room.   The standard for most offices in the US is often
72 F.  I have never been to a meeting in a US hotel where the meeting
rooms weren't chilly.  However, when the IETF meeting rooms are full
they often get quite warm - too warm for my personal preference.

I have noticed that the temperature varies depending upon where you
sit in a room. So, maybe people should wander the room before
selecting a seat and find a warmer spot.   Like I said, we debate this
every  meeting.  Everyone should plan for it to be chilly in the
meeting rooms and plan accordingly, in particular in the southern part
of the US where we like our A/C as we spend most of our time with
higher temps outside.   I will note that I personally find it way too
warm in most hotels in the Northern US and Europe in the winter.

Mary.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Nov 2012 16:22:57 -0500

> (It was overly warm in the crowd during the cookie break.)

I agree, it's nice to have meetings that aren't uncomfortably warm.

Perhaps some people could put on a sweater.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked]
CAUCE North America

---

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:23:35 -0500

As a point of evidence: Many people sitting on the left side of Salon
D complained about the temperature being too cold, including the
chairs, but I was perfectly comfortable sitting on the right.

Except for the seat itself... But that's another topic.

Cheers,
-Benson

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:27:34 -0500

> Perhaps some people could put on a sweater.

I had sent this to 81attendees@. It still applies:

Us chilly people just have to deal with it by wearing more so that
the sweaty people don't have to walk around naked.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:41:34 -0500

On Nov 6, 2012, at 15:51, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> One can always put on more clothing

---

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:44:03 +0000

I think that the temperatures are just right. 

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 2:53 PM
To: [email-masked]; IETF Secretariat
Subject: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

Regards,
Jordi

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:11:44 -0500

There is a huge difference between the area outside of the rooms and the meeting rooms themselves. IMO the meeting rooms are very cold.

Sent from my iPad.
Mehmet Ersue

---

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:57:40 +0100

++++1

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:12 AM
To: ext Paul Kyzivat
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?

There is a huge difference between the area outside of the rooms and the
meeting rooms themselves. IMO the meeting rooms are very cold.

Sent from my iPad.
Mehmet Ersue

Am 06.11.2012 um 15:27 schrieb "ext Paul Kyzivat"
<[email-masked]>:

>> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:17:41 -0800

At 2:51 PM -0600 11/6/12, Mary Barnes wrote:

>  We have this same discussion every meeting.

Indeed.  People's preferences vary a great deal, but also, IETFers 
tend to be different from the usual meeting crowds; they are more 
likely to wear suits while we are more likely to wear T-shirts and 
even shorts/sandals.  So, in general, meeting rooms are more likely 
to be tuned for the suit-types than the T-shirt types.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
The chance of forgetting something is directly proportional
to.....to........uh..............

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:55:39 +0000

On 7 Nov 2012, at 20:17, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Indeed.  People's preferences vary a great deal, but also, IETFers tend to be different from the usual meeting crowds; they are more likely to wear suits while we are more likely to wear T-shirts and even shorts/sandals.  So, in general, meeting rooms are more likely to be tuned for the suit-types than the T-shirt types.

So next IETF let's give out sweatshirts not T-shirts ;)

Tim

---

From: "JOHNSON, ALASTAIR (ALASTAIR)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 22:00:13 +0100

> So next IETF let's give out sweatshirts not T-shirts ;)

At NZNOG in 2006 we had a limited set of hoodies made (actually
made by an attendee, not the organizers) and they were extremely
popular, especially given the Wellington weather at the time. They
were available on a cost-recovery basis (vs. the 'free' t-shirts).

aj

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:03:48 -0900

> So next IETF let's give out sweatshirts not T-shirts ;)

I don't fully understand the kvetching about this.  You (the
generic "you") know that you're coming to a meeting in the US
and that Americans overdo air conditioning, and then you're
surprised the rooms are chilly and you're unprepared for it?
Really?

Melinda

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 16:12:58 -0500

> surprised the rooms are chilly and you're unprepared for it?
+1

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:16:07 +0000

>> surprised the rooms are chilly and you're unprepared for it?

Seems warm enough to me. But I'm used to British weather.

The IETF could sell some tasteful sweats and/or hoodies to make some more $$ and keep the cold people warm.

Tim

---

From: Jon Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:16:37 -0500

++ IETF hoodies!!!!!

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:04:35 -0800

Personally, I'm delighted that the complaints are "too cold" rather 
than "so smokey I'm choking" (or "I have a concussion from being hit 
by a cookie.")

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Every successful person has had failures but repeated failure is no
guarantee of eventual success.

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:02:13 -0500

+1

Cold is more manageable than hot, that is a well-known fact. For example
long haul overnight flights get usually chilly for a reason.

No airline would provide economy fare passangers with blankets unless
there was some benefit :-)

~Carlos

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:03:36 -0500

On Nov 7, 2012, at 16:03, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:

> and then you're

Most longtime IETFers are well aware that north american participants prefer to be doused in liquid nitrogen during their meetings, and we do prepare for that.

This venue, however, has particularly uneven air conditioning.  Stepping out of a room can be a 10 K (er, 18 °F in US domestic units) difference here.  That may not be very surprising given the clanking noises coming from the AC equipment, but it just doesn't make sense.  In particular, it makes it hard to plan whether you need to be dressing up for the Indonesian jungle or for mid-winter Jyväskylä.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:05:55 -0500

>>>>> "Melinda" == Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> writes:
    Melinda> I don't fully understand the kvetching about this.  You (the
    Melinda> generic "you") know that you're coming to a meeting in the US
    Melinda> and that Americans overdo air conditioning, and then you're
    Melinda> surprised the rooms are chilly and you're unprepared for it?
    Melinda> Really?

1) I'm among the bigger, smelly people who is usually too hot.
   That's why I wear a T-shirt.  Sometimes I change it at noon.
2) My hotel is not the conference hotel, so I have to decide what to
   bring.
3) if I wear my sweatshirt to walk over here, then I start off smelly
   and wet.   Packing it means having a bigger bag.
   No, I'm not cold in the rain in my T-shirt.
4) once I'm here, I have to carry it around, since many of the rooms
   are just fine.

On Monday, Salon C, at the chair's desk, I was really really cold.
All of the complaints were about Salon C, or nearby.

-- 
Michael Richardson
-on the road-

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:19:45 -0600

> This venue, however, has particularly uneven air conditioning.  Stepping out of a room can be a 10 K (er, 18 °F in US domestic units) difference here.  That may not be very surprising given the cla…
[MB] That's why it's highly recommended to dress in layers - wear a
t-shirt under a regular shirt (with buttons).  Then bring an extra
sweater or sweatshirt.  [/MB]

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:20:35 -0800

At 6:02 PM -0500 11/7/12, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:

>  Cold is more manageable than hot, that is a well-known fact.

That's widely accepted and oft-repeated, but I have my doubts. 
Personally, I find it far easier to cope with being too hot than too 
cold (except when trying to sleep, and then a cold room and warm 
blanket is good).  I suspect it has to do with how much fat one has, 
and one's internal metabolism.

>   For example long haul overnight flights get usually chilly for a reason.

Hah!  I find long overnight flights are invariably way too hot.  Most 
get positively broasting.  I'm always overheated on planes, but too 
cold in meeting rooms.  More proof that someone is always unhappy 
with the temperature :-)

>  there was some benefit :-)

Those blankets are viral vectors and often encrusted with baby vomit, 
snot, and foot grime.  Unless wrapped in plastic, or one is engaging 
in an immune-response challenge, stay away.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
This fortune intentionally not included.

---

From: "Pat Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:21:39 +0000

I was prepared with a Columbia fleece jacket that normally provides enough warmth in cold meeting rooms & planes. Tuesday, it wasn't enough in Salon C and D. Today the temperature was fine in Salon D so thanks to whoever adjusted it.

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:23:56 -0600

>    and wet.   Packing it means having a bigger bag.
[MB] A pashmina is incredibly light, compact and warm (and stylish).  [/MB]
>    are just fine
[MB] You might consider buying something that is warm yet less bulky
than a sweatshirt or using two thinner layers as opposed to a single
bulky layer like a sweatshirt.  I *always* dress in layers when
traveling where I know the temps are variable.  Lots of manufacturers
that make products for campers/hikers have a broad range of clothing
that will keep you warm and dry, yet it is compact. [/MB]

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:28:41 -0600

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:
> That's widely accepted and oft-repeated, but I have my doubts. Personally, I
> find it far easier to cope with being too hot than too cold (except when
> trying to sleep, and then a cold room and warm blanket is good).  I suspect
> it has to do with how much fat one has, and one's internal metabolism.
[MB] Perhaps.  My suggestion for folks that seem to feel too cold is
to ask your doctor to test your thyroid and measure your ferritin.
Feeling cold can be a symptom of low ferritin and low thyroid
function.  I used to be with you folks that are also freezing until I
got my ferritin levels of up and my thyroid treated.  Of course, when
I was someone that always felt chilled, I was in the habit of dressing
appropriately with layers. [/MB]
> Hah!  I find long overnight flights are invariably way too hot.  Most get
> positively broasting.  I'm always overheated on planes, but too cold in
> meeting rooms.  More proof that someone is always unhappy with the
> temperature :-)
>
>
> Those blankets are viral vectors and often encrusted with baby vomit, snot,
> and foot grime.  Unless wrapped in plastic, or one is engaging in an
> immune-response challenge, stay away.
[MB] Again, a pashmina or one of the silk liners one can buy for
camping bags is incredibly compact, but can provide a lot of warmth.
[/MB]

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 14:29:15 -0900

On 11/7/2012 2:20 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:
> cold (except when trying to sleep, and then a cold room and warm blanket
> is good).  I suspect it has to do with how much fat one has, and one's
> internal metabolism.

I'm pretty sure that arguing from anecdote isn't going to be
particularly productive.  I live in interior Alaska and the
morning temperatures this week have been in the neighborhood
of -30F, not rising during the day above -10F.  We have weeks
during each winter in which temperatures don't rise above -40.
"What one person can do, another can do."

The issue in the Hilton seems to be that there's a lot of
variability from spot to spot, not that the temperatures are
outside "normal" ranges.  This is easily dealt with by layering,
as Mary suggested.

Melinda

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:29:35 -0500

I propose a new protocol called Organized Temperature Transfer (OTT). In 
a nutshell, the sweatier people (SP) will hug the chillier people (CP) 
until thermal equilibrium is reached. I'm looking for draft co-authors 
with experience in ascii art...

Simon

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:31:56 +0000

> that will keep you warm and dry, yet it is compact. [/MB]

Layers is the answer...
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/iowa-store-owner-tom-rauen-put-on-247-t-shirts-to-earn-sport-in-guinness-book-of-world-records

tim

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:40:00 -0600

I'm imagining an RFC for a 7-layer T-shirt for networkers.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:42:05 -0800

>  camping bags is incredibly compact, but can provide a lot of warmth.

A good tip.  I'd be sweating profusely in that.  As it is, when I fly 
on AA in first or business long-haul, those comforters they give 
(wrapped in plastic) are so hot that I use them as a sleep pad under 
me -- if I put it over me I'd be drenched in sweat.  But then, I 
always find planes too hot.  Yet I look around and everyone else 
seems to be freezing, with blankets, sweaters, comforters.  I think 
maybe it's the low humidity and air pressure or something.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
History has the relation to truth that theology has to
religion -- i.e., none to speak of.     --Lazarus Long

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:43:33 -0800

At 2:29 PM -0900 11/7/12, Melinda Shore wrote:

>  I live in interior Alaska and the

Wow!  I'm impressed!  (I probably shouldn't mention that I find San 
Diego too cold).

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every
effort to teach them good manners.

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:21:29 +0000

On 7 Nov 2012, at 18:29, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We have weeks during each winter in which temperatures don't rise above -40.

Ah, good old -40, where it no longer matters whether you're talking ºC or ºF :)

Ray

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 00:40:04 +0100

I have to admit I am not a fan of pashmina ;)

I would be already happy if we can stick to the US office standard (72 F
- 22 C) "in all rooms".
May be this should be our standard room temperature in the future.

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

> From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of ext Mary Barnes
> Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:29 AM
> To: Randall Gellens
> Cc: Melinda Shore; Carlos M. Martinez; [email-masked]
Personally, I

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 19:01:11 -0500

Even 20ºC is perfectly acceptable. I think there is some European Union
recommendation to set the temperature in homes and offices at this level,
for a good balance between clothing, comfort and energy conservation.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012 18:40
Para: ext Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>, Randall Gellens
<[email-masked]>
CC: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>, "Carlos M. Martinez"
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Asunto: Re: [85attendees] are we in meeting rooms or freezers ?