Subject: Re: [99attendees] PechaKucha presenters for Prague?

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 21:48:03 -0700

[email-masked] "IPv6 flow label hashing, threat or menace?"

On 6/29/17 1:42 PM, Aaron Falk wrote:
> I’ve heard from three people, which isn’t sufficient. Unless a few more
> people show interest, I’m canceling for Prague.
> 
> —aaron
> 
> On 21 Jun 2017, at 18:09, Aaron Falk wrote:
> 
>     This is a poll for folks who are interested in presenting at a
>     PechaKucha in Prague. The number of folks presenting has declined
>     slightly and I’m contemplating whether holding a session at every
>     IETF meeting is too frequent. If I don’t hear from enough folks
>     we’ll wait until Singapore to do the next one. In other words, if
>     you want to give a talk, please send me a note ASAP.
> 
>     Standard invitation and background info below.
> 
>     Thanks!
> 
>     —aaron
> 
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>     A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating
>     in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are
>     each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically. With
>     each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing
>     presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief. This is an
>     unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and
>     satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.
>     Anyone can participate in this social event. Video from the Berlin,
>     Seoul, and Chicago PKs can be found here <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai>.
> 
>     Format Details:
> 
>       * Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first
>         served.
>       * To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to
>         [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> and receive
>         confirmation.
>       * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20
>         slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20
>         seconds).
>       * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to
>         make a good Pecha Kucha. Here are a few: [1
>         <http://www.pechakucha.org/>], [2
>         <http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html>],
>         [3 <https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/>].
>

---

From: tjw ietf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:45:16 -0400

"My Time on the IÇANN NomCom - Greatest Time or The Greatest Time?"

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:06:57 -0400

I have five folks signed up.  IMO, that seems to be right on the cusp of 
making it worth the effort to hold the event.  Anyone else want to step 
up?

On 21 Jun 2017, at 18:09, Aaron Falk wrote:

> ____
> A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in 
> Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on 
> the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically.  With each talk 
> lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good 
> or bad -- to be focused and brief.  This is an unofficial event. 
> Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
> controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
> participate in this social event.  Video from the Berlin, Seoul, and 
> Chicago PKs can be found [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).
>
> Format Details:
>
> [email-masked] and receive confirmation.
> * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a 
> good Pecha Kucha.  Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
> [[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
> [[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 11:08:34 -0400

We’ve hit critical mass and the event is ON!  Logistics TBA.  Still 
room for more presenters, should you be interested.  Email me with your 
interest and a working title to grab a slot.

—aaron

On 3 Jul 2017, at 14:06, Aaron Falk wrote:

> I have five folks signed up.  IMO, that seems to be right on the cusp 
> of making it worth the effort to hold the event.  Anyone else want to 
> step up?
>
>> * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make 
>> a good Pecha Kucha.  Here are a few: 
>> [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)],

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:28:19 +0200

Last call for participation.  Please let me know ASAP if you want to 
present at the Thursday evening event.

—aaron

On 5 Jul 2017, at 17:08, Aaron Falk wrote:

> room for more presenters, should you be interested.  Email me with 
> your interest and a working title to grab a slot.
>
> —aaron
>
>>> Seoul, and Chicago PKs can be found 
>>> [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).
>>>
>>> Format Details:
>>>