Subject: [99attendees] Slides on screens

From: John Dowdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:04:14 +0200

Huge thanks to the meetecho and AV teams for bringing us such a wonderful collaborative working environment. The sound was orders of magnitude better than I recall from last time we were here. Remote presentation was flawless.

One small wrinkle for me: the raw projected areas on the screens are so very big, but the finished projected slide images were so very small in a number of meetings e.g. Congress 3. I'm sure there will be good technical reasons for that, but to help those of us whose eyesight is not that of a spring chicken, can someone please work up some guidelines for maximising images and/or slide readability to help the chairs and on site participants?

I'd be very happy to contribute text ...

John

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:28:03 -0400

John,

See the thread titled "Slides, eye charts, and a beg for
readability" on the IETF list yesterday.

  best,
   john

--On Thursday, July 20, 2017 19:04 +0200 John Dowdell
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Huge thanks to the meetecho and AV teams for bringing us such
> a wonderful collaborative working environment. The sound was
> orders of magnitude better than I recall from last time we
> were here. Remote presentation was flawless.
> 
> One small wrinkle for me: the raw projected areas on the
> screens are so very big, but the finished projected slide
> images were so very small in a number of meetings e.g.
> Congress 3. I'm sure there will be good technical reasons for
> that, but to help those of us whose eyesight is not that of a
> spring chicken, can someone please work up some guidelines for
> maximising images and/or slide readability to help the chairs
> and on site participants?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 99attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/99attendees