Subject: [99attendees] Taxi vs Uber in Prague?

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:50:39 -0700

Probably for the locals: if I want to be driven across town somewhere, 
is a normal taxi fine? Should I use Uber instead? I ask because some 
towns turn out to be crappy for Uber.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Ondrej Filip <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:32:10 +0200

> towns turn out to be crappy for Uber.

Hi Paul,
since I do not have too much sympathy with Uber I use local
application called Liftago (available for iOS and Adroid). And I can
recomment it. But to answer your question, Uber is operating normally
in Prague these days.

Ordering an unknown taxi on the street might be more expensive if you
do not speak Czech. But there shouldn't be a problem if you know
approx the price and negotiate in advance.

About 95% of Taxi drivers are fine, but there is still a few pirates.
:-( Prague municipality is working on it.

		Ondrej

> 
> --Paul Hoffman
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 99attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/99attendees

-- 
 (  CZ.NIC z.s.p.o.                              )
 -------------------------------------------------
  Ondrej Filip  -  CEO

  Office : Milesovska 5, Praha 3,  Czech Republic
  Email  : [email-masked]  http://www.nic.cz
  Private: [email-masked]
 -------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:20:28 -0400

AAATaxi has an iOS app to get you a taxi. It’s in English and just like
Uber, you use a map to tell the taxi where to pick you up.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 23:31:28 +0000

Hi Andy,

Does the app also help you pay with a credit card? Thanks.

Cengiz

On Jul 10, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

AAATaxi has an iOS app to get you a taxi. It’s in English and just like Uber, you use a map to tell the taxi where to pick you up.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Ondrej Filip <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hi Paul,

                Ondrej

> [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

  Office : Milesovska 5, Praha 3,  Czech Republic
  Email  : [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>  http://www.nic.cz<http://www.nic.cz/>
  Private: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
 -------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
99attendees mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/99attendees

_______________________________________________
99attendees mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/99attendees

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:16:52 -0400

No, it’s just for ordering a taxi. However, according to
https://www.aaataxi.cz/en/services/ , all of their taxis accept credit
cards. They also have free wifi.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Cengiz Alaettinoglu <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>