Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] Fwd: [radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:35:55 +0200

Hi AAA-doctors,

Who would be available to review this radext work?
It's currently in AD review state.

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 
Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11
Date: 	Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:34:12 +0300
From: 	jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Dear Secretary,

This is a request for publication of draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11 as a standards track RFC.

- Jouni

-------------------------------------------------------

(1) What type of RFC is being requested (BCP, Proposed Standard,
Internet Standard, Informational, Experimental, or Historic)?  Why
is this the proper type of RFC?  Is this type of RFC indicated in the
title page header?

	RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks is to be published
	as a Standards Track RFC, which is indicated in the I-D's
	cover page Intended Status field.

	The RADIUS attributes defined in this I-D are needed for the
	emerging IPv6 deployments across multiple types of network
	architectures.

(2) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document Announcement
Write-Up. Please provide such a Document Announcement Write-Up. Recent
examples can be found in the "Action" announcements for approved
documents. The approval announcement contains the following sections:

Technical Summary

	The I-D defines additional attributes for various IPv6
	access network deployments (be that fixes or mobile network).
	The attributes complement already existing set of IPv6 attributes
	defined in e.g., RFC3162 and RFC4818. Furthermore, the I-D clarifies
	the use of some existing IPv6 related attributes and the relationship
	of those to the newly defined attributes.

Working Group Summary

	The I-D has been discussed extensively in the RADEXT WG and has
         reached the overall working group consensus. There was a lengthy
         discussion regarding the Route-IPv6-Information attribute format
         and whether it should also contain the rest of the RFC4191 Route
         Information Option field in addition to the prefix. The WG
         reached a consensus that the other values are local to router
         configuration and not retrieved from the RADIUS server.

Document Quality

         There is specific interest from the Broadband Forum to incorporate
         the attributes defined in this specification into their respective
         IPv6 standards.

         AAA Doctors have not reviewed the document yet. There is no need
         for MIB or other doctorate review.

         Once the document goes to IETF LC, a review from V6OPS should be
         requested.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area
   Director?

        Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document
        shepherd.

(3) Briefly describe the review of this document that was performed by
the Document Shepherd.  If this version of the document is not ready
for publication, please explain why the document is being forwarded to
the IESG.

        The document shepherd has reviewed the document after it has
        concluded the WGLC. The document shepherd thinks the document
        is ready for publication and there is no reason to delay the
        publication anymore, since the attributes defined in this
        document are needed by the industry.

(4) Does the document Shepherd have any concerns about the depth or
breadth of the reviews that have been performed?

        No.

(5) Do portions of the document need review from a particular or from
broader perspective, e.g., security, operational complexity, AAA, DNS,
DHCP, XML, or internationalization? If so, describe the review that
took place.

        The document should be reviewed by V6OPS once it goes to
        IETF LC.

(6) Describe any specific concerns or issues that the Document Shepherd
has with this document that the Responsible Area Director and/or the
IESG should be aware of? For example, perhaps he or she is uncomfortable
with certain parts of the document, or has concerns whether there really
is a need for it. In any event, if the WG has discussed those issues and
has indicated that it still wishes to advance the document, detail those
concerns here.

        The document shepherd has no specific concerns.

(7) Has each author confirmed that any and all appropriate IPR
disclosures required for full conformance with the provisions of BCP 78
and BCP 79 have already been filed. If not, explain why.

         No IPRs have been declared.

(8) Has an IPR disclosure been filed that references this document?
If so, summarize any WG discussion and conclusion regarding the IPR
disclosures.

         No IPRs have been declared.

(9) How solid is the WG consensus behind this document? Does it
represent the strong concurrence of a few individuals, with others
being silent, or does the WG as a whole understand and agree with it?

         The WG consensus is solid and does not represent only the
         opinion of few individuals.

(10) Has anyone threatened an appeal or otherwise indicated extreme
discontent? If so, please summarise the areas of conflict in separate
email messages to the Responsible Area Director. (It should be in a
separate email because this questionnaire is publicly available.)

         No.

(11) Identify any ID nits the Document Shepherd has found in this
document. (See http://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits/ and the Internet-Drafts
Checklist). Boilerplate checks are not enough; this check needs to be
thorough.

         The document passes IDnits.

(12) Describe how the document meets any required formal review
criteria, such as the MIB Doctor, media type, and URI type reviews.

         The document does not define MIBs, media types, URIs etc.
         The data types used in the document comply with RFC6158.

(13) Have all references within this document been identified as
either normative or informative?

         Yes.

(14) Are there normative references to documents that are not ready for
advancement or are otherwise in an unclear state? If such normative
references exist, what is the plan for their completion?

         No.

(15) Are there downward normative references references (see RFC 3967)?
If so, list these downward references to support the Area Director in the
Last Call procedure.

         No.

(16) Will publication of this document change the status of any
existing RFCs? Are those RFCs listed on the title page header, listed
in the abstract, and discussed in the introduction? If the RFCs are not
listed in the Abstract and Introduction, explain why, and point to the
part of the document where the relationship of this document to the
other RFCs is discussed. If this information is not in the document,
explain why the WG considers it unnecessary.

         No.

(17) Describe the Document Shepherd's review of the IANA considerations
section, especially with regard to its consistency with the body of the
document. Confirm that all protocol extensions that the document makes
are associated with the appropriate reservations in IANA registries.
Confirm that any referenced IANA registries have been clearly
identified. Confirm that newly created IANA registries include a
detailed specification of the initial contents for the registry, that
allocations procedures for future registrations are defined, and a
reasonable name for the new registry has been suggested (see RFC 5226).

        The document only requests for five new RADIUS attribute types
        from an existing IANA registry.

(18) List any new IANA registries that require Expert Review for future
allocations. Provide any public guidance that the IESG would find
useful in selecting the IANA Experts for these new registries.

         None.

(19) Describe reviews and automated checks performed by the Document
Shepherd to validate sections of the document written in a formal
language, such as XML code, BNF rules, MIB definitions, etc.

         Checked with IDnits and verified against RFC6158 RADIUS
         design guidelines.

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:41:30 +0000

Hi Benoit,

I can to it but only next week. Is it OK?

Lionel

De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Benoit Claise
Envoyé : vendredi 10 août 2012 15:36
À : [email-masked]
Objet : [AAA-DOCTORS] Fwd: [radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11

Hi AAA-doctors,

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:

[radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11

Date:

Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:34:12 +0300

From:

jouni korhonen <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>

To:

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

CC:

Benoit Claise <[email-masked]><mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dear Secretary,

- Jouni

title page header?

        architectures.

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

        IPv6 standards.

        requested.

Personnel

  Director?

       Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) is the document

       shepherd.

the IESG.

       No.

took place.

       IETF LC.

concerns here.

disclosures.

        No.

thorough.

        Yes.

        No.

Last Call procedure.

        No.

        No.

        None.

        design guidelines.

radext mailing list

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:48:31 +0200

Hi Lionel,

That's fine.
If this is like MIB-police, the review is done during the IETF LC.
Have you guys (AAA doctors) been doing your review during the IETF LC as 
well?

Regards, Benoit.
> *De :[email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] *De la part de* Benoit Claise
> *Envoyé :* vendredi 10 août 2012 15:36
> *À :* [email-masked]
> *Objet :* [AAA-DOCTORS] Fwd: [radext] Publication request for RADIUS 
> attributes for IPv6 Access Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11
>
> Hi AAA-doctors,
>
> *Subject: *
> [radext] Publication request for RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access 
> Networks; draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-11
>
> *Date: *
>
> 	
>
> *From: *
> jouni korhonen <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
> *To: *
>
> 	
>
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
> *CC: *
>
> 	
>
> Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]>, 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
> Dear Secretary,
>   
>         Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>) is the document
>         shepherd.
>   
> document. (Seehttp://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits/  and the Internet-Drafts
> [email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:34:22 +0300

Mainly yes.

- Jouni

On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:48 PM, Benoit Claise wrote:

> Have you guys (AAA doctors) been doing your review during the IETF LC as well?
> 
> Regards, Benoit.
>> Hi Benoit,
>>  
>> jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
>> To:
>> [email-masked]
>> CC:
>> Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>>  
>> 
>> Dear Secretary,
>>  
> AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors