Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] RADIUS question in NETMOD

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 18:13:35 -0500

Dear RADIUS experts,

During the NETMOD WG, part of the 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt/ 
discussion, there was one open issue.

See http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/85/slides/slides-85-netmod-5.pdf
And http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg07410.html

Martin and Andy really would like to meet a RADIUS expert during the IETF.
The goal is to make sure that they do the right thing for RADIUS.
However, please note that the draft is not supposed to configure every 
RADIUS options.

Who would be available?

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:53:30 -0500

> However, please note that the draft is not supposed to configure every

  OK.  I took a quick look at it.  I'm wary of having yet another
registry.  If at all possible, it would be preferable to leverage
existing registries.

  There is an IANA registry for EAP types.  Could netmod just reference
that?

  e.g. just define a "radius-eap" type, with a "method" parameter that
contains the actual EAP type to use.

  Alan DeKok.