Subject: [AAA-WG]: Base Session State Machine

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:03:24 +0200

Hi,

Some questions about the session state machine.

1. I guess that this state applies to Session-Timeout Expires on FA as well.

      Open      Session-Timeout Expires on     send STR   Discon
                NAS
Suggestion:
	Open	    Session-Timeout Expires on	send STR	Discon
		    access device

2. Is there a possible raise condition if the Session-Timeout in the NAS/FA
and the Session-Timeout in the home AAA server expires at the same time? The
AAA server will send a STI and go to disconnected when it receives the STR
from the NAS/FA it will disconnect and go to closed but it will never send a
STA, thus the NAS/FA will never receive a STA and will never go to closed.
Or is the STR only sent in response to a STI?

/Fredrik

---

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:18:21 -0800 (PST)

> 	Open	    Session-Timeout Expires on	send STR	Discon

I guess my NAS biases are now coming out :)

I have changed NAS to Access Device.

> Or is the STR only sent in response to a STI?

If an STI is received, and STR MUST be sent. Therefore, the race condition
here doesn't exist since the STR will be received. Furthermore, an STR MUST
generate an STA, so again, no problem.

PatC