Subject: [AAA-WG]: Extension over base api as a separate process

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:21:42 -0600

Hello,

Does anybody have tried to implement extension(s) over base API. I have a
question, whether AAA Base protocol implementation and extension(s) have to
be in a single process or they can be separate processes.

We are planning to implement extensions that will be separate processes from
AAA Diameter base implementation. And we would like to have some guidelines
from API specification.

Yogesh Solanki

---

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:07:19 -0800 (PST)

> AAA Diameter base implementation. And we would like to have some guidelines

Sorry for the latency in my response... just starting to catch up now.

It is possible to do both ways. I could envision a single process, or the
following:

    +-----------------------+  -+
    |  Mobile IP Extension  |   |
    +-----------------------+   |
    +-----------------------+   +--- Process 1
    | Diameter API/library  |   |
    +-----------------------+  -+
              |
              | IPC Interface
              v
    +-----------------------+  -+
    |      AAA Daemon       |   +--- Process 2
    +-----------------------+  -+

Again, the library was designed to support pretty much anything underneath,
including a full blown Diameter implementation, or an IPC mechanism to the
actual daemon.

Hope this helps,

PatC