Subject: [AAA-WG]: New Diameter I-Ds are now available

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:32:20 -0800 (PST)

All,

The latest version of the Diameter Internet-Drafts are now available. I
believe that I have caught all of the comments that have been posted to the
list.

The following WG I-Ds have been released, and are available for preview on
www.diameter.org:

draft-ietf-aaa-framework-01.txt: includes a couple of minor editorial changes.

draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-01.txt: This is the I-D that changed the most. In
addition to including all of the changes that resulted from the Interim
meeting, and the various comments on the list, the document went through a
complete re-org. The old version's section 2 was really overloaded, and it
contained LOTS of protocol-ish stuff that really didn't belong in an protocol
overview section. I hope that you like the new format, as I find it MUCH
simpler to find information. Please note that I have left the ICV and
encrypted-payload for the time being, as it MAY be necessary for e2e (but this
will be known when we select an e2e approach). After we the IETF we can
discuss whether it stays, or goes.

draft-ietf-aaa-mobileip-01.txt: This document has included lots of changes as
well, mostly from comments on the list, but also from renaming of a few AVPs
in the base protocol. The Feature-Vector AVP has much better language, but
does rely on a few Mobile IP Key Request extensions that are not yet defined.
A new Mobile IP AAA Keys, and Mobile IP Generalized Key Extensions I-Ds are on
their way.

draft-ietf-aaa-nasreq-01.txt: This document has mostly fixes to naming changes
of AVPs in the base I-D, and a few additional minor editorial changes.

draft-ietf-aaa-accounting-01.txt: This document includes changes that resulted
from comments on the list, as well as from naming changes of AVPs in the base
protocol, as well as some minor editorial changes.

The following IDs are NOT WG documents, but have also been updated (and
available on the web site):

draft-calhoun-diameter-sun-ping-01.txt: Fixes due to changes in AVP naming in
base protocol. As I may have mentioned previously, this is a VERY simple
extension, and is a VERY useful tool. I hope that others have had the time to
implement this extension at next week's bakeoff :)

draft-calhoun-diameter-res-mgmt-08.txt: Fixes due to changes in AVP naming in
base protocol.

draft-kempf-diameter-api-04.txt: Quite a few changes are included in the API
document. The most important being how Grouped AVPs are formed. A diff will
show the changes. An interesting note to the WG is that I have been receiving
LOTS of comments on this document as private mail. There appears to be quite a
bit of interest in a common API across platforms.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or comments.

Thanks,

PatC