Subject: [AAA-WG]: What to do about open issues?

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:05:39 -0700

All,

Does anyone object if I remove section 17? Since we are using standardized
AVP definitions, where Unsigned32 can be used as time, and this is already
done in SMI, is the following really needed?

PatC
----

"17.0  Open Issues

  The following are the open issues that SHOULD be addressed in
  future versions of the Diameter protocol:

    - AVPs with time values are represented by Unsigned32 type data. This
      value is a timestamp consistent with NTP [18]. This field is 
      expected to expire sometime in 2038. Future investigation
      SHOULD be done to determine if a 64 bit time format could be
      used."

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:48:33 +0200 (MET DST)

>>17.0  Open Issues

> done in SMI, is the following really needed?

No.  If it hasn't been an issue for anyone over the past 23 
drafts of Diameter, it isn't one now.   Remove it.

Erik