Subject: [AAA-WG]: Error signaling ('A' msg.)

From: Taneli Haverinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:06:49 +0300

Hi,
Chapter 9.1. (End-To-End Error Signaling) of the base protocol does not
seem to define what to do when an error occurs while processing an
Answer message. Earlier the situation was handled by sending an MRI, but
this command was eliminated recently. I noticed that this problem was
discussed in Pat's message "A proposal for the elimination of MRI"
(http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/2001-05/msg00110.html). In
that message it was proposed that a STR with a Termination-Cause should
be issued. I also noticed, that Issue #10 "Sessions that do not start"
deals with my question, but only in the case of authorization messages.
I wonder what is the procedure in a general case?

BR, Taneli Haverinen

--- --- --- --- --- ---
Taneli Haverinen, MSc   
SW Designer           
OY L M Ericsson AB    
Telecom R&D, Turku    
Tel: +358 2 265 3728

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 06:29:21 -0700

> I wonder what is the procedure in a general case?

So do you mean what one does if an accounting answer is received,
with an error, or a bad STA or DWA?

I believe that these are the only remanining messages that aren't
covered by #10.

PatC