Subject: [AAA-WG]: Re: AAA Mailing List

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

> In addition it appears that
> to "keep the group focused" I've been blocked from posting
> to the list.
> 

You have not been blocked -- however, the mailing list does prevent
non-members from posting. We've also had intervals where members were
unsubscribed, seemingly without justification (I was one of those). 

We've never gotten a good justification for why this is happening, but
given your message and those of others, it seems to have become a
significant problem. 

> However I've asked this question of both Pat and Bernard
> and have not gotten any response.  Which I interpret to 
> mean, "Yes you are blocked and I don't want to talk to you"

We most certainly want to hear from you, especially if your reason for
speaking up is that your messages are being dropped by the mailing list ;)

>   As Chief Architect for HP's IP Accounting Mediation product,
> and someone who has worked with a large number of billing
> providers, and lead of IPDR's Protocol Working Group, I
> think I have some experience which would be valuable for
> your group.
> 

By all means, go ahead and speak up. Note that I did send a reply to your
last message which appears not to have made it to the list. We'll see if
this reply makes it (I cc'd the list). In general, I'd go ahead and assume
that the reason for a lack of response is either a mailing list issue or
lack of time/large incoming mail load. Go ahead and resend if you don't
get a response within a few days.