Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue #19] Extensions that Diameter servers must support

From: Thomas Panagiotis-PTHOMAS1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:58:27 -0500

Pat,

> " Diameter home servers MUST support the Base protocol, which includes 
> Accounting, and both the NASREQ and Mobile IP extensions. Diameter 
> proxies and redirect servers MUST support the Base protocol, and 
> MAY support other extensions. Diameter Clients MUST support the 
> Base protocol, including Accounting, and MAY support any other 
> extension that would be required to provide service." 

Why is Accounting mentioned above? All Diameter entities MUST support
the base, therefore they MUST support all accounting messages/AVPs defined
in the base, right? In any case, there is no way for an entity to advertise
Base-minus-Accounting_within_base support.

-Panos

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:54:13 -0700

> Base-minus-Accounting_within_base support.

Not quite certain. I received this text from someone, and although it
sounded odd to me, I believe that the folks that crafted this language
really wanted that there.

I do agree, though, and it really doesn't belong there.

PatC