Subject: [AAA-WG]: mailing list noise

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:14:38 +0200 (MEST)

I suggest that we stop CCing both diameter & aaa-wg for everything.

aaa-wg:    AAA standardization discussion
diameter:  diameter implementation, interop testing and other
           non-standardization, non-IETF oriented discussion

If we can't do that - can we simply turn off the diameter list?

It is getting really annoying to have to sort through two almost
identical lists.

Thanks,

Erik

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
E r i k   G u t t m a n         SHORT msgs: [email-masked]
Sr Staff Engineer, Sun Microsystems       Email: [email-masked]
Altrotstrasse 31, D-69190 Walldorf Germany   Mobile: +49 172 865 5497

---

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

Erik,

I have been trying to figure out what to do with the diameter list as well,
and  I believe that you have a great suggestion.

So I agree that the the IETF mailing list should be used for comments and
questions on the I-Ds, while the diameter list is used for interop, where can
I find implementations, how do you code..., and other similar questions.

I will try to direct people when I catch them slipping up.

PatC

---

From: "David Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 11:38:27 -0400

I second this.

Furthermore, Please do not cross-post, I cannot filter properly on subject 
lines that contain both [diameter] and [AAA-WG] and I end up with double 
copies in one folder.

It's much more annoying when the two lists get merged together, and I have 
to spend time trying to figure which got posted and replied to where.

Something just got fixed in Nortel email (however temporarily) and I just 
got 2 days worth of AAA and Diameter all at once.

         Dave.

> > It is getting really annoying to have to sort through two almost

------------------------------------------------------------
David Mitton                            ESN: 248-4570
Advisor, Nortel Networks                 978-288-4570
Wireless Solutions, IP Mobility
Billerica, MA 01821               [email-masked]