Subject: [AAA-WG]: Questions on mobileip-04 draft

From: "Martin Julien (ECE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:20:32 +0200

Hi,

Here are some questions on the mobileip-04 draft:

1- Where is the Acct-Session-Id AVP defined? I could not find it anywhere.

2- When a MN moves to a new FA, is it now forced to also request a new set
of keys?, or can the existing keys be returned by the AAA? The thing is that there seem
to be no way of making sure you go through the same AAAF as the last 
registration, and even no assurance of getting to the same AAAH neither, right?
Then I guess that the MN should request a new set of keys each time it sends
a Registration request to a new FA that request the AAAH. That would mean 
that there is no point of keeping any generated keys in the AAAF nor 
in the AAAH, right?

Regards,
Martin

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:00:21 -0700

> 1- Where is the Acct-Session-Id AVP defined? I could not find it anywhere.

base protocol (well, it should have been)

> registration, and even no assurance of getting to the same AAAH neither, right?

That has always been the case, so the default is that the new foreign 
agent knows nothing about the previous registration. The optimized approach,
where some context is traferred between the foreign agents, would eliminate
that problem.

> that there is no point of keeping any generated keys in the AAAF nor 

Unless the optimized approach (above) is done, you are correct.

PatC