Subject: [AAA-WG]: Urgent Diameter Issues still pending

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:32:57 -0700

All,

This is just to recap the list of issues that are still pending,
which we really need to get some closure on in the next few days. I
would like to have the specs out to the WG well before the Interim
Meeting this month.

As far as memory serves, the following issues are still pending, and
I am waiting for comments:
1. Problem with MRI - I proposed a solution to reduce req/answ cmds
to only require a single command code, and make use of the EIR bits.
This would remove the MRI.
2. Problem with MRI - How do we deal with -Ind messages that cause a
failure? Should a new message be created that is used ONLY to respond
to bad -Ind messages??? (we could re-use the MRI for this).
3. Boot-Id - People insist that this bug is to be fixed, and three
alternatives have been proposed (note that they are not mutually
exclusive).

I would appreciate some comments on these proposals.

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:58:21 -0700

It has occured to me that there is another proposal that I have forgotten.

4. Elimination of the STI. There was a proposal that the STI would
be eliminated, and a new command code set would be created that would
allow a server to initiate a session termination on the access device.

Again, I am waiting for WG comments. I do not feel comfortable making blind
changes without *any* feedback.

PatC