Subject: [AAA-WG]: New Diameter IDs are now available

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:50:59 -0700

All,

The following Internet Drafts are now available on www.diameter.org, and
have been sent to the secretariat. I propose that these are the versions
of the specs that we will review at next week's interim meeting.

The following are the pending issues that I have been tracking:

1. watchdog/failover text
2. proposal to remove watchdog over reliable transports (Jonathan Wood)
3. proposal to kill STI (although I don't think this is really
   necessary anymore)
4. proposal to modify/hack/kill DSI
5. proposal to make Grouped AVPs more open
6. The various Boot-Id proposals

I will have to go through the archives again to see if I've missed anything,
but at a minimum we need to discuss the above issues at next week's meeting. 

Oh, and somehow I believe we are also going to have a document
reading party.

PatC

---

From: jonathan wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:34:31 -0700

One other proposal I made was a way to prevent head-of-the-line
blocking.

In terms of the spec, there are two pretty minor things that
would have to be added:

1. For interoperability: All Diameter nodes MUST be prepared to receive
   Diameter messages on any SCTP stream in the association.
2. To prevent blocking: All Diameter nodes SHOULD utilize all SCTP
   streams available to the association to prevent head-of-the-line
   blocking.

WRT 2, the striping method I proposed should be very simple and
effective, but I see no reason to force implementations to use
it if they think they can do better.

Jonathan