Subject: [AAA-WG]: Extension version

From: Balazs Czoma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:29:55 -0400

Hello,

It shall be possible to identify/negotiate which extension version a certain
application is supporting.

I cannot find any hints regarding this in the Base Protocol. I think it
would be necessary to define an AVP and procedures for this purpose.

Regards:
Balazs
____________________________________________
Balazs Czoma
Siemens Telecom Innovation Centre
mailto:[email-masked] 
____________________________________________

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 14:41:29 +0200

Hi Balazs

There is an AVP called ExtensionId AVP which is sent in the
Device-Roboot-Indication message for this

/Fredrik

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
>Of Balazs Czoma
>Sent: den 4 maj 2001 14:30
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: [AAA-WG]: Extension version
>
>
>Hello,
>

---

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:36:55 -0500

I think with the huge address space given to extensions, we could just choose
another extension for a different version, and servers can advertise that they
accept both, or one, or the other.

I think this is a better aproach than trying to do plain comparisons, so
servers do not have to support older versions:

For example, Mobile-IP version 27 comes out.  If we include a version in the
extension advertisement, then we could only state that the server supports 
version 27 or lower.  And, any server implementor would have to implement
ALL versions of Mobile-IP.  But, this way, an implementor could support
versions 25, 26, and 27, and would be able to advertise just that.

Comments?

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 06:50:52 -0700

> would be necessary to define an AVP and procedures for this purpose.

In the event that an extension, which has already been RFCed, is updated,
and contains new mandatory AVPs in some of the commands, it will be
necessary to assign it a new extension identifier. 

PatC