Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issues for today's call

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:22:09 -0700

Perhaps a little late, but I just want to set the stage for today's call.
This call was generated by the Previous-FA-XXXX thread, to which I replied
three times.

One reply was to the suggestion that a Session-Id be predictable,
and can be found at
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/2001-04/msg00240.html.
This suggestion goes against the principle of Diameter, as I stated in my
response.

My next reply was to the thread that discussed session movement. The general
idea here is that a mobile node is handed off across foreign agents, and
there is no easy way for the home Diameter server to know where the mobile
happens to be. So, if the home server wanted to "terminate" the session,
and it didn't know where the mobile was, it couldn't send an STR. My response
is at http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/2001-04/msg00293.html.
Note that my general feeling here is that the home Diameter server could
ONLY request a disconnect via the Home Agent, not the Foreign Agent. How
the AAAF requests a disconnect needs to be discussed.

How are accounting records generated, and correlation is performed,
when session identifiers are different across handoffs. I don't have a 
reply to this one, and it must be thought through carefully. Perhaps the
Acct-Mutli-Sess-id (or whatever that RADIUS attribute is) would be useful.

Finally, a quick summary can be found at http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/2001-04/msg00296.html.

Talk to y'all in about 30 minutes (hope the mailing list is fast).

PatC