Subject: [AAA-WG]: Mobile IP Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:08:34 -0500

Pat,

Would you agree that the current Mobile IP extension document
(draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-02.txt)
specifically deals with Mobile IPv4 only?
If so would you mind changing the title to : "Diameter Mobile IPv4
Extensions"?

And maybe add an applicability statement (to MIPv4 only) someplace in the
document.

Regards,
-Basavaraj

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:18:19 -0700

> specifically deals with Mobile IPv4 only?

I believe so

> If so would you mind changing the title to : "Diameter Mobile IPv4

Not at all.

> And maybe add an applicability statement (to MIPv4 only) someplace in the

Sure.

PatC

---

From: "David Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:16:20 -0400

Is there a plan vis-a-vis MIP v6 support??

Dave.

> > And maybe add an applicability statement (to MIPv4 only) someplace in the

------------------------------------------------------------
David Mitton                            ESN: 248-4570
Advisor, Nortel Networks                 978-288-4570
Wireless Solutions, IP Mobility
Billerica, MA 01821               [email-masked]

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:22:23 -0700

Hello David,

Yes, there is at least one plan for this.  As part of one
possible answer, there is a AAAv6 draft with an opaque data
extension, so that Binding Updates can be handled in a manner
analogous to the way Registration Requests are handled for
Mobile IPv4.  Hopefully, the Mobile IPv6 support will not
have any heavy interactions with possible BURP or EAP influences
on AAA/AAAv6.

Regards,
Charlie P.