Subject: [AAA-WG]: Key disrtibutions in NASREQ...

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:38:36 -0700

All,

With NASREQ, if you want to encrypt the keys destined for the client,
how is that supposed to be done? Unless I have missed something, there
isn't anything describing how this should be done in the NASERQ
application draft. The only thing I found is how to encrypt the key
between the Diameter Server (AAAH) and the access device (ie NAS), which
was simply to use the CMS Security application, but nothing about how to
encrypt the key between the AAAH and the client. I will go ahead and
submit an issue if this is missing...

/Tony

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:49:17 -0700

Since clients don't speak "Diameter", presumably the AAAH, which is
participating in the EAP exchange, would send the keys to the user via
an EAP message.

No issue is missing.

PatC