Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 144:

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:07:47 -0700

All,

In order to fix this problem, I've added text to section 3.1:

"  In the event the DSAR requested OCSP validation, via the 
   OCSP-Request AVP, and OCSP is not locally supported, the DSAA 
   MUST be returned with the Result-Code AVP set to 
   DIAMETER_OCSP_NOT_SUPPORTED. Otherwise, the destination node 
   returns the DSAA message which contains:"

and added the following Result-Code value:

      DIAMETER_OCSP_NOT_SUPPORTED        5022
         This error code is returned when a DSAR message is received 
         requesting OCSP validation, and the receiver does not support OCSP.

Does this work?

PatC

---

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:12:29 +0200

>          requesting OCSP validation, and the receiver does not support OCSP.

It looks a good solution. But after reviewing the Base Specification
in order to answer to issue 137 I've noticed that a permanent failure
means that "that the request failed, and should not be attempted
again". Is that really true? I mean, when a node requests OCSP
validation and OCSP is not locally supported, the DSA must be dropped?
I consider that the originator may determine then whether it is
willing to provide service, based on its local policy. Shouldn't be
DIAMETER_OCSP_NOT_SUPPORTED a transient failure error?

Comments?

  // M.A.

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:41:45 -0700

> DIAMETER_OCSP_NOT_SUPPORTED a transient failure error?

Actually, I believe that you are correct, and errors 5020 and 5021 should
probably also be transient errors.

PatC