Subject: [AAA-WG]: Expiration of AAA WG last call

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

AAA WG last call has expired on the following documents:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-cms-sec-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-transport-04.txt

Issues arising from the WG last call comments are being tracked at:

http://www.diameter.org/issues.html

Once these issues have been resolved and changes reflected in new
documents, another WG last call will be required for those documents
where the changes are substantial and technical in nature. Given the
issue breakdown (see below), this would appear to be most likely to apply
to diameter-07 and cms-sec-02. In general, given the substantial number of
issues arising in last call on these documents, I would encourage WG
participants to continue to post outstanding issues, so that the
oustanding issues can be addressed in the next revision and the next WG
last call can be the last one. 

Curently the issue breakdown is as follows:

transport-04: Issue #94
nasreq-07: Issues #131
diameter-07: Issues #98, 100, 113, 123, 128, 140
cms-sec-02: Issues #126, 132, 133, 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 141, 142, 144,
145

I also believe that the following issues need to be re-opened:

nasreq-07: Issue #29 (need to substitute RFC 3162 attribute #s for 
           TBD)
           Issue #36 (need to remove AES/OCB from list, change "WEP2"
           to WEP-128").

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:39:12 -0700

Given the number of changes, I agree with Bernard that another go-around
is required. I would, however, request that the period not exceed two
weeks, since we are starting to push the P2 deadline.

PatC

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Not all documents will require another go-round; there appear to be no
issues on mobileip-07, for example, and changes on transport-04 are
largely editorial. Agree that we will do a standard two week last call on
the next go-round.

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:56:28 -0700

Right, but the documents need to go through IESG as a set, which is why
I didn't see any harm in just doing the last call on all of them.

I'll let you work out the logistics. I don't care either way.

PatC