Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 126: Clarification in certificate naming schema

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:52:11 -0700

The following changes were requested in this issue:

> - Unifying the terminology. Using "realm" always or "domain" always. 

This was already covered by another issue, and has since been fixed.

> - To switch the long explanation of chapter 3.1 to a more appropriate 
> place (chapter 3.2), including a reference to it in the item of 3.1 
> chapter. 

The text in 3.1 was replaced with:

       - the name in the certificate is consistent with the rules detailed
         in section 3.2.

> - Explaining which AVP is Host-Name AVP 

This was an error. The AVP in question is actually the Origin-Host AVP.
I have made that change.

> 
> Additionally I'd like to receive a clarification about the realms 
> involved. I suppose that the "realm part of the user's NAI" is carried 
> by means of the Destination-Realm in the DSAR, but I'm not sure. BTW 

I've added clarifying text in 1.5:

"... MUST belong to the same realm as the user being authorized (the 
realm portion of the Network Access Identifier found in the User-Name AVP)"

PatC

---

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:37:26 +0200

> realm portion of the Network Access Identifier found in the User-Name AVP)"

OK. Those changes solve all my concerns

Regards

  // M.A.