Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] CMS Proxy's DSAAs

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:07:25 +0200

Submitter name: Miguel A. Monjas
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 2001-08-22
Reference: 
Document: CMS-02
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

When a proxy is involved in the establishment of a DSA, the proxy will
reject the DSA indicating to the agent that:

- it is not possible to establish a DSA (Result-Code is
DIAMETER_NO_CMS_THROUGH_PROXY)
- it can act as a CMS proxy on behalf of it (Result-Code is
DIAMETER_CAN_ACT_AS_CMS_PROXY). According to 1.2:

   The DSAA MUST be signed by the proxy agent, and include its
   certificate, to allow the access device to validate the 
   originator of the DSAA.

However, being the Result-Code a permanent failure code, the message
will have the 'E' bit set, so that the message will not conform to the
ABNF described for the command (DSAA). Then, on which AVPs is going to
be applied the digital signature?

Requested change: 

Add clarifying text

Regards

  // M.A.

-- 
  Miguel Angel Monjas Llorente
  Systems Engineer, GSM/UMTS Systems Management
  Ericsson España, S.A. (EEM) UMTS/GSM Databases
  Tel: +34 91 3393605                 Mob: +34 629 570196
  <mailto:[email-masked]>  Fax: +34 91 3392538
  Retama 1, 4th. 28045 Madrid - SPAIN -