Subject: [AAA-WG]: Update on open issues

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:04:45 -0700

All,

Of the pending technical issues, the following is an update based on this
week's meeting in London. I would solicit additional comments from the list
before making any changes to the specifications.

Issue 95: Section 6.3 from the base specification will be removed.

Issue 117: Source Routing will be removed from the base specification, and
           the protocol will require that reverse routes are properly 
           configured.

Issue 97: The WG consensus was to reject this issue.

Issue 98: Additional clarifications will be added to better describe a
          primary, secondary and alternate peer. By adopting issue 117,
          the Alternate-Peer AVP will be removed, which will remove most
          of the confusion claimed by the originator of this issue.

Issue 109: Based on discussions on the mailing list, this issue is not required
           and is rejected.

Issue 114: Folks didn't seem to feel like this issue was necessary since the
           existing protocol works fine without spliting the DiameterIdentity
           into two separate formats.

Issue 100: Hidden inside this issue is a request on how to handle a filter whose
           format is unrecognized if the 'M' bit isn't set. A new issue will be
           created, and this editorial issue can be closed.

Issue 118: WG consensus was that this feature wasn't required in the protocol, so
           this issue is to be rejected.

Unfiled Issue: A new issue needs to be filed on how a master accounting session
               is signaled as being terminated when subsessions are in use. The
               recommended approach is that signalling termination without a
               subsession avp implies that the master is shutdown, hence all of
               the subsessions as well. I will create a new issue Monday.

As I mentioned at the meeting, I would appreciate it if folks submitted
their issues sooner, rather than at the last minute, in order for us to proceed
to the next step as quickly as possible.

PatC