Subject: [AAA-WG]: Last question: DSA setup failure?

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:04:58 +0200

Just an only question (I don't dare to raise an issue so that I'm not
sure).

What happens if any of the checks listed in page 11 fails? Which
Result-Code must be included?

I've found the following error codes:

In the Base Protocol draft (7.1.3):

      DIAMETER_INVALID_CMS_DATA          3006
         The Request did not contain a valid CMS-Data [11] AVP.

In the CMS Security draft (7.2)

      DIAMETER_INVALID_CMS_DATA          5019
         This error code is returned when a CMS-Data AVP is received
         with an invalid ContentInfo object.

Several questions:

- Why aren't they the same? The definition is slightly different (and
also the type of error). I understand that the first definition must
be dropped from the Base Protocol

- Which is the right definition? The first is wider than the second,
so that the problem of not failing the verification can be put into
it. Not in the second occasion which only alludes to the syntax of the
AVP.

Comments?

Regards

  // M.A.