Subject: [AAA-WG]: [New Issue] Can Answer be rejected?

From: "Martin Julien (ECE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:06:30 +0200

Issue: Can Answer be rejected?
Submitter name: Martin Julien
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 23/08/01
Reference: 
Document: Base 
Comment type: T 
Priority: 1 
Section: 
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

It is not really clear in the draft whether or not answer 
messages can be rejected. Should it be allowed or not?

That needs to be clarified in the draft.

---

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:08:48 -0700

Martin,

I believe that we already have an issue on this, which will go in to
base -08. It's part of issue 107 in the issue list..

/Tony

Issue 107: More editorial comments
Submitter name: Tony Johansson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: July 31th, 2001
Reference: N/A
Document: base
Comment type: E
Priority: 2
Section:
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

....

Page 68, section 6.2.2, 3rd and 4th paragraph:
“If the agent receives an answer message with a Result-Code AVP
indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP to indicate an
error, it MUST issue an STR on behalf of the access device. The agent
MUST then send the answer to the host which it received the original
request from.”

The above paragraph needs to better clarify what the relay/proxy agent
sends back to the access device.

Suggested change:
“If the agent receives an answer message with a Result-Code AVP
indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP to indicate an
error, it MUST issue an STR on behalf of the access device. The agent
MUST then send the answer to the access device with the modified
Result-Code AVP indicating the error and MUST also add the
Error-Reporting-Host AVP, which will contain the identity of this
agent.”

.....