Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: MIPv4 comments

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:27:04 +0200

Submitter name: Fredrik Johansson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: Aug 1th, 2001
Reference: N/A
Document: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-07.txt
Comment type: E
Priority: S
Section:
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Hi,

here's a few editorial comments from my first glance at this version of the
draft. some of the has probably showed up before, sorry about that.
/Fredrik

Section 1.4
"Figure 7 shows the message flows for a Mobile Node requesting to keep
   the Home Agent assigned in Foreign network 1 when it moves to foreign
   network 2. Upon reception of the AMR in Foreign network 2, the AAAF
   follows the procedures described earlier and forwards AMR to the
   Mobile Node's home network, i.e. its AAAH. If the Mobile Node was
   successfully authenticated the AAAH checks for the Origin-Host and
   the MIP-Previous-FA-Host AVPs. If a AAAH deduces that the Mobile Node
   has moved to a new domain, it must check whether the Mobile can still
   use the previously assigned Home Agent."

The MIP-Previous-FA-Hoast AVP doesn't exist anymore. Remove it and perhaps
indicate that in order to determine if a mobile has moved the Origin-Host
need to be compared to the Origin-Host received in the previous request
(AMR). Or even better, it will look for the Origin-Realm AVP and compare it
to the Origin-Realm AVP received in the previous request to determine if the
Mobile Node has moved to a new domain.

Section 2.1
"If the MIP-Previous-FA-Host AVP is found in the request, the Diameter
   client requests that the server return the registration key that was
   assigned to the previous Foreign Agent for use with the Mobile Node
   and Home Agent. The registration key is identified through the use of
   the User-Name AVP."

Remove the whole paragraph, and also the MIP-Previous-XXXX AVPs from the
abnf code.

Section 2.2 and 2.4
Remove the Destination-Host AVP from the abnf

Section 4.0
Remove the MIP-Previous-XXXX AVPs from the table

Section 5.0

"AAA support for key distribution departs slightly from the existing
   SPI usage, as described in [4]. The SPI values are used as key
   identifiers, meaning that each registration key has its own SPI
   value; nodes that share a key also share an SPI. The Mobile Node
   proposes SPIs for use in computing the Mobile-Foreign and Mobile-Home
   authentication extensions, via the Mobile IP AAA Key Request
   extensions [15], while the Home Agent allocates the Mobile-Foreign,
   Mobile-Home and Foreign-Home SPIs."

Does the SPI usage really depart from the one used in mobile ip?

Section 6.5

Is the MIP-Replay-Mode really needed between the Mn and the FA?

Section 6.x
Do we need to change this chapter to not refer to Session Key but to the Key
Material that is used instead?

Section 8.1
The Destination-Host should have 0 on AMA and HAA in the table.

remove MIP-Previous-FA-XXXX from the table