Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] Inconsistency in OCSP-Request-Flags AVP

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:28:02 +0200

Submitter name: Miguel A. Monjas
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 2001-08-20
Reference: 
Document: CMS-02
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 3.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 
The usage scenario chapter states that a DSAR message contains, among
other information:

     - (optionally) a flag indicating that the originating Diameter
     node wishes to receive certificate status information (using
     OCSP messages) ...

So that, the OCSP flag (I suppose we're talking about
OCSP-Request-Flags AVP) is claimed as optional. However, the format of
the DSAR messages indicates that OCSP-Request-Flags are mandatory
(i.e. it's the nonce value what is optional, since it depends on the
requestes OCSP response):

      <DSAR> ::= < Diameter-Header: 304, REQ, PXY >
                 ...
                 { OCSP-Request-Flags }
                 ...
                 [ OCSP-Nonce ]
                 ...

Requested change: 
Replace the previous paragraph from usage scenario chapter (the whole
paragraph) with this one:

     - a flag indicating wheter the originating Diameter
     node wishes to receive certificate status information using
     OCSP messages. If this flag requires a fresh OCSP response,
     a nonce to be used by the destination Diameter node in OCSP
     requests MUST also be supplied. 

Regards

  // M.A.