Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] Order in CMS-proxy messages

From: Miguel Ángel Monjas Llorente <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:54:23 +0200

Submitter name: Miguel A. Monjas
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 2001-08-24
Reference: 
Document: Base-07, CMS-02
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: (base) 2.7, (CMS) 6.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

As stated in (base) 2.7:

   Relay agents MUST NOT reorder AVPs, and proxies SHOULD NOT
   reorder AVPs.

However, in (CMS) 6.2:

   All AVPs to be encrypted are concatenated, and the encryptor is
   free to order AVPs in whatever way it chooses. 

My deduction is that the encryption of AVPs in a proxy acting as a CMS
proxy on behalf of a client would break the requirement in (base) 2.7
since the receiver would never know which order was the original (of
course that route-related AVPs are not encryptable, so that its order
would never change).

Requested change: 

To rephrase the requirement in (base) 2.7 in order to take into
account what is stated in (CMS) 6.2

Regards

  // M.A.

-- 
  Miguel Angel Monjas Llorente
  Systems Engineer, GSM/UMTS Systems Management
  Ericsson España, S.A. (EEM) UMTS/GSM Databases
  Tel: +34 91 3393605                 Mob: +34 629 570196
  <mailto:[email-masked]>  Fax: +34 91 3392538
  Retama 1, 4th. 28045 Madrid - SPAIN -