Subject: [AAA-WG]: Comments on Issue 107

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 00:48:23 -0700

Here are some comments on this issue:

> Page 12, section 2.0, 2nd paragraph: 
> The two bullets say almost the same thing. So what about deleting the 
> first sentence in bullet 1 and start with "1. A set of AVPs are
defined 
> to sign and encrypt AVPs." and keep bullet 2 as is.

They actually state very different things, so your suggested change is
not correct.

> Page 68, section 6.2.2, 3rd and 4th paragraph: 
> "If the agent receives an answer message with a Result-Code AVP 
> indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP to indicate an 
> error, it MUST issue an STR on behalf of the access device. The agent 
> MUST then send the answer to the host which it received the original 
> request from." 
>
> The above paragraph needs to better clarify what the relay/proxy agent

> sends back to the access device.

The text that I came up with is a little different. What do you think
about:

"If a relay or proxy agent receives an answer with a Result-Code AVP 
indicating a failure, it MUST NOT modify the contents of the AVP. Any 
additional local errors detected SHOULD be logged, but not reflected 
in the Result-Code AVP. If the agent receives an answer message with 
a Result-Code AVP indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP 
to indicate an error, it MUST modify the Result-Code AVP to contain
the appropriate error in the message destined towards the access device
as well as include the Error-Reporting-Host AVP and it MUST issue an 
STR on behalf of the access device."