Subject: [AAA-WG]: CMS Security Local-CA-Info

From: Don Zick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:47:15 -0500

The Local-CA-Info grouped AVP has the Key-Hash AVP as one of its
members.  The CMS Security draft says that the Key-Hash is used for
indexing and not for security.  Isn't the CA-Name AVP itself sufficient
to identify a Certficate Authority?

Thanks,
Don

---

From: Don Zick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:11:47 -0500

Hi Stephen,
Can you please explain why the Key-Hash AVP is necessary?
Thanks,
Don

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:31:46 +0000

Hi Don,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

The reason to include the key hash is to allow for when a CA
changes its key (but not its name).

Stephen.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com