Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: Issue 223: How does CMS work if the HA is unknown and in foreign network

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 11:50:23 -0800

All,

Below is my proposed text to handle this fairly simple issue. Comments
appreciated.

PatC
----

1.4  Allocation of Home Agent in Foreign Network

[...]
(check new last sentence below)
When the AAAF receives a AMR message with the Home-Agent-Requested flag
set to one, and the Home-Address-Allocatable-Only-in-Home-Realm flag
equal to zero, AAAF MAY set the Foreign-Home-Agent-Available flag in the
MIP-Feature-Vector AVP to inform the AAAH that it is willing and able
to assign a Home Agent for the Mobile Node. When doing so, the AAAF 
MUST include the MIP-Candidate-Home-Agent-Host AVP, containing the
identity of the home agent that would be assigned to the mobile node.

[...]
(changed last sentence below)
When the AAAH receives a AMR message, it first checks the authentication
data supplied by the mobile node, according to the MIP-Reg-Request AVP and
MIP-MN-AAA-Auth AVP, and determines whether to authorize the mobile node.
If the AMR indicates that the AAAF has offered to allocate a home agent
for the mobile node, then the AAAH must decide whether its local policy
would allow the user to have a Home Agent in the foreign network.
If so, and after checking authorization from the data in the AMR
message, the AAAH sends the HAR message to the AAAF that does not
contain the MIP-Home-Agent-Address, but includes the Destination-Host AVP
set to the value of the AMR's MIP-Candidate-Home-Agent-Host AVP.

[...]
4.10 MIP-Candidate-Home-Agent-Host

   The MIP-Candidate-Home-Agent-Host AVP (AVP Code TBD) is of type 
   DiameterIdentity and contains the identity of a home agent in
   the foreign network that the AAAF proposes be dynamically assigned to the
   mobile node.