Subject: [AAA-WG]: Co-located COA

From: Joe Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:49:45 -0800 (PST)

Pat,

On Figure 8: Co-located Mobile Node, the diagram shows only the AMR and
AMA messages between the AAAH and Home Agent for Co-Located Mobile Node.

I have a question:  Does the AAAH still sends a HAR to the Home Agent
in response to the AMR that came from the Home Agent, and generate an
AMA based on the HAA it get back from the Home Agent, before sending
the AMA to the Home Agent?

If this is the case,  I don't see why the AAAH needs to include the 
MIP-MN-to-HA-Key and MIP-HA-to-MN-Key in the AMA when the 
MIP-Co-Located-Mobile-Node bit is set in the MIP-Feature-Vector.  These
two keys would have already been communicated to the Home Agent via the HAR
message and the MIP-MN-to-HA-Key would have been set up in the registration
reply inside the HAA/AMA messages. 

Did I miss something in the picture? 

Thanks.

Joe

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:20:53 -0800

> the AMA to the Home Agent?

no, the HAR/HAA aren't used in this scenario.

> Did I miss something in the picture? 

perhaps you used your imagination too much :)

Seriously, there are no HAR/HAA exchange since the AMA contains all of
the information the HA needs to provide service to the mobile node.

PatC

---

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:57:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

> the information the HA needs to provide service to the mobile node.

I have a follow-up question in this regard: Does the rule
"the AMA must contain the MIP-Reg-Reply AVP if the result code is
DIAMETER_SUCCESS" still hold in this case? If yes, then is the data
in this AVP the same as that sent in the MIP-Reg-Request AVP in the
AMR? 

thanks in advance!

Siva

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:01:26 -0800

> in this AVP the same as that sent in the MIP-Reg-Request AVP in the

hmmmm..... so in this particular case the MIP-Reg-Reply is of no use. 
Good Catch.

PatC