Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 204: How to handle CER from unknown peer

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:08:45 -0800

All,

Here is my text that covers all cases, and appears to address everyone's
concerns. The last sentence was added stating that some implementations
may want to accept CERs from unknown peers, since this is actually required
to handle redirect servers.

PatC
----

5.3  Capabilities Exchange

[...]
Receiving CERs from unknown peers MAY be silently discarded, or a CEA MAY
be issued with the Result-Code AVP set to DIAMETER_UNKNOWN_PEER. In both
cases, the transport connection is closed. If the local policy permits
receiving CERs from unknown hosts, a successful CEA MAY be returned.

---

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:10:47 -0600

This one works for me :)

---

From: Steve Rich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:46:58 -0500

Looks good to me.

sjr