Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] just a number of editorial nits....

From: "Kevin Purser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:29:52 -0800

Submitter name: Kevin Purser
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 09-NOV-01
Reference: none
Document: base-08-alpha02
Comment type: 'E'ditorial
Priority: '1'

Section 1.3, Terminology,
-definition of Accounting record is incomplete (looks like a cut-and-paste
problem);  looks like it should be completed with "diameter nodes" or
something to that effect.

Section 2.6, Connections vs. Sessions,
-figure is mangled

Section 7.1.3, Protocol Errors,
-the definition of DIAMETER_LOOP_DETECTED says:
An agent detected a loop while trying to get the message to the Home
Diameter server.
"the Home Diameter server" should be changed to something like "another
diameter agent" to reflect the possibility that the request message in
question may not be destined for the Home Diameter server (consider ASR,
RAR, etc).

Sections 8.4, 8.5, 9.7
-all of the ABNF definitions in these sections list the User-Name AVP as
mandatory.  These should be changed to optional to reflect sessions which do
not have an associated User-Name (consider NASREQ messages).

-Kev

---

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:27:00 +0200

> something to that effect.

The text seems a copy of that in RFC 2975. Add "devices serving the same
user." to the end to complete it.

> question may not be destined for the Home Diameter server (consider ASR,

Yes. Replace with "get the message to the intended recipient.".
 
> not have an associated User-Name (consider NASREQ messages).

Yes.