Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: Home-Agent-In-Foreign-Network set by AAAF

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:31:15 -0800

Submitter name: Michael Chen
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 5-Nov-01
Reference:
Document: mobileip-08-alpha2
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section:  Mobileip  2.1

Rationale/Explanation of issue:
    In session 4.5:
       If the mobile node requests a home agent in the foreign network
   either by setting the home address field to all ones, or by
   specifying a home agent in the foreign network, and the AAAF
   authorizes the request, the AAAF MUST set the Home-Agent-In-Foreign-
   Network bit to one.
       So the FA MUST include MIP-Mobile-Node-Address AVP when the
mobile
    node requests a home agent in the foreign network by setting the
home
    address field to all ones, otherwise, AAAF doesn't know mobile node
    is willing to be assigned a home agent in the foreign network

Requested change:
  Add this sentence in session 2.1:
   If the mobile node's home address is all ones, the foreign or home
agent
   MUST include a MIP-Mobile-Node-Address AVP which is all ones in the
AMR.