Subject: [AAA-WG]: Accouting questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:43:20 +0200

(re-sending this because it did not reach the mailing)

Hello,

It says in the section 9.6 "Correlation of Accounting Records" that the
correlation for accounting sub-sessions is performed using the Session-Id.
Is this correct? Aren't both the Accounting-Sub-Session-Id and Session-Id
used for the correlation?

I think that it is not possible to terminate one or several accounting
sub-session from the server side. Only all accounting sub-sessions can be
terminated by using the Abort-Session command. Is this left for each
application to handle or should this possibility be in the base protocol?

The accounting state machine in the section 8.2 describes that the
accounting session is terminated by the action where the accounting stop
request is sent. It is not totally clear what the accounting stop request
here can mean. I think that it only describes the case where the accounted
service is a one-time event (where EVENT_RECORD is sent and the ACA
terminates the session) and a measurable length accounting service (where
STOP_RECORD is sent to terminate the session). However, it seems to be
missing the server initiated termination by the Abort-Session command.

Best regards, Jaakko