Subject: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] peer connection inconsistent between base08 and transport05

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:39:26 +0200

Submitter name: yanqun le 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: Dec 30, 2001 
Reference:  
Document: Diameter Base -08, dratf-ietf-aaa-transport-05
Comment type: T 
Priority: S
Section: Section 5.1 of Base- 08, Section 3.4.1 of Transport -05
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 
The last third paragraphs in Section 5.1 is inconsistent with Section 3.
4.1 of transport-05.

Requested change: 
The last third paragraphs in Section 5.1 should be changed to:

    When a peer is deemed suspect, which could occur for various
reasons, including not receiving a DWA within an alloted timeframe, no
new requests should be forwarded to the peer, and failover procedures
should be invoked. When an active peer is moved to this mode, additional
connections SHOULD be established to ensure that the necessary number of
active connections exists.

   There are two ways that a peer is removed from the suspect peer list:
      1. the peer's watchdog timer has expired without a response,
causing a trasport reset or close to be done on the connection.
      2. a response is received from the peer within the watchdog timer,
and the connection to the peer is considered stabilized.

   In the event the peer being removed is either the primary or
secondary, an alternate peer SHOULD replace the deleted peer, and assume
the role of either primary or secondary.