Subject: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] Diameter Peer Discovery

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:21:39 -0800 (PST)

Submitter: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: December 28, 2001
Type: Technical
Document: Base -08
Section: 5.2, page 49
Rationale: A6 RRs are now deprecated, and the text doesn't mention how to
discover TLS support on the peer

Change:

3. The Diameter implementation uses DNS to request the SRV RR [33] for the
'_diameter._sctp' and/or '_diameter._tcp' server in a particular realm"

To:

3. The Diameter implementation uses DNS to request the SRV RR [33] for the
'_diameter-tls._sctp' and/or '_diameter-tls._tcp' in a particular realm,
as well as the '_diameter._sctp' and/or '_diameter._tcp' servers.  
If records corresponding to the TLS ports are found, the Diameter peer is
assumed to support TLS. 

Change:

"Address records include A RR's, AAAA RR's, A6 RR's or other similar"

To:

"Address records include A RRs, AAAA RRs or other similar"