Subject: [abfab] FW: I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:03:11 +0000

FYI - proposed revision to RFC 4282.

On 10/09/2011 14:43, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>
>	Title           : The Network Access Identifier
>	Author(s)       : Alan DeKok
>	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt
>	Pages           : 19
>	Date            : 2011-09-10
>
>   In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
>   standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
>   syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
>   submitted by the client during network authentication.
>&quot;Roaming&quot; may
>   be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
>   Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
>   relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
>   might be required include ISP &quot;confederations&quot; and
>ISP-provided
>   corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
>   of RFC 4282 [RFC4282], which addresses issues with international
>   character sets, as well as a number of other corrections to the
>   previous document.
>
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

JANET(UK) is a trading name of The JNT Association, a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG