Subject: Re: [abfab] EAP naming attribute document

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:23:02 +0000

>    Gabriel> Hi,
>
>    Gabriel> What I think is missing in the documents is the SAML
>    Gabriel> profile for abfab.  The architecture document says that
>    Gabriel> SAML requests may or not may appear as RADIUS attributes in
>    Gabriel> the request, but it is quite ambiguos. The home AAA server
>    Gabriel> has to know if a SAML attribute, authentication or
>    Gabriel> authorization statement should be returned, and it has to
>    Gabriel> be specified in the RADIUS request.  I mean, there should
>    Gabriel> be in some place, a description of the SAML queries to be
>    Gabriel> used, statement to be returned and, for example, if they
>    Gabriel> has to be signed or encrypted. It could also imply a
>    Gabriel> problem if the assertion is too big to be transported over
>    Gabriel> the radius message (even if fragmentation occurs).
>
>I agree some of this needs to be specified.  In particular, enough needs
>to be specified that the RP knows what it can rely on.

+1

>I think that draft-ietf-abfab-aaa-saml is probably the right place for
>that.

I'll update the draft.

Josh.

JANET(UK) is a trading name of The JNT Association, a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG