Subject: [abfab] RFC 7832 on Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond Web (ABFAB) Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 16:19:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7832

        Title:      Application Bridging for Federated Access 
                    Beyond Web (ABFAB) Use Cases 
        Author:     R. Smith, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 33640
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7832

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7832

Federated identity is typically associated with web-based services at
present, but there is growing interest in its application in
non-web-based contexts.  The goal of this memo is to document a
selection of the wide variety of these contexts whose user experience
could be improved through the use of technologies based on the
Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web (ABFAB)
architecture and specifications.

This document is a product of the Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC