Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 14:44:54 +0100

Hi Ace,

This is a new version based on improved insight and comments we received 
since presentation of the problem
during the Seoul ACE meeting.

Looking forward to your comments,

Peter

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est
Revision:	01
Title:		EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)
Document date:	2017-03-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		25
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01

Abstract:
    Low-resource devices in a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) can
    operate in a mesh network using the IPv6 over Low-power Wireless
    Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 link-layer
    standards.  Provisioning these devices in a secure manner with keys
    (often called secure bootstrapping) used to encrypt and authenticate
    messages is the subject of Bootstrapping of Remote Secure Key
    Infrastructures (BRSKI) [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra] and
    6tisch Secure Join [I-D.ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-secure-join].
    Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) [RFC7030], based on TLS and
    HTTP, is used in BRSKI.  Low-resource devices often use the
    lightweight Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] for
    message exchanges.  This document defines how low-resource devices
    are expected to use EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps) for secure
    bootstrapping and certificate enrollment. 6LoWPAN fragmentation
    management and minor extensions to CoAP are needed to enable EST-
    coaps.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat