Subject: Re: [Ace] Call for adoption for draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

From: "Kepeng Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 22:42:36 +0800

> The call ends on Mar 7, 2017.

Sorry, let me make a correction on this.

Usually the call for adoption should take two weeks.

It started from 24 Feb, and should end on 10 Mar.

Kindly remind you to provide your feedback before the deadline.

Thanks,

Kind Regards
Kepeng

发件人:  Ace <[email-masked]> on behalf of Li Kepeng
<[email-masked]>
日期:  Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 5:48 PM
至:  <[email-masked]>
抄送:  Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>, Hannes
Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
主题:  [Ace] Call for adoption for draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

Hello all,
 
This note begins a Call For Adoption for draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02 [1]
to be adopted as an ACE working group item, and added in the charter. The
call ends on Mar 7, 2017.
 
Keep in mind that adoption of a document does not mean the document as-is is
ready for publication. It is merely acceptance of the document as a starting
point for what will be the final product of the ACE working group. The
working group is free to make changes to the document according to the
normal consensus process.
 
Please reply on this thread with expressions of support or opposition,
preferably with comments, regarding accepting this as a work item.
 
Thanks,
 
Kind Regards
Kepeng (ACE co-chair)

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-somaraju-ace-multicast/
_______________________________________________ Ace mailing list
[email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace

---

From: "Kepeng Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 22:30:29 +0800

This document is only the starting point for the work and the content will
change as the working group works on it.

Group communication security work has been contributed earlier to the group
and has received a lot of attention. For this reason the call for adoption
happens earlier. The call for adoption of other documents, some of them have
only recently been submitted to the group, will happen soon.

Kind Regards
Kepeng

发件人:  Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
日期:  Friday, 24 February 2017 at 3:34 PM
至:  Li Kepeng <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
抄送:  Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
主题:  Re: [Ace] Call for adoption for draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

I’m in favour of adopting a profile of the ACE framework [1] providing the
functionality outlined in this draft.

It was acknowledged in the latest ACE interim that this draft will be
transformed into an ACE profile, but currently the mapping to ACE is not
very clear:

- Many of the "Requirements on Profiles” (Appendix C of [1]) are not
fulfilled, e.g. how is the "resource server" of the ACE framework mapped? Is
it the KDC?
- Will the proposed ACE-DTLS profile [2] be used or will we have different
methods for authorising DTLS in different profiles?

There has been a lot of discussion of this draft, whereas
"non-controversial” profiles of ACE ([2], [3], [4]) has been disregarded in
the process. If one profile is being adopted without consideration of other
profiles it may lead to duplication of specification, or different
mechanisms being defined doing the same thing.

Chairs: What is the plan for coordinating the functionality in the different
ACE profiles being adopted?

Göran

[1]  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-dtls-authorize
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-ace-oscoap-profile
[4] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sengul-kirby-ace-mqtt-tls-profile

From: Ace <[email-masked]> on behalf of Kepeng Li
<[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday 23 February 2017 at 10:48
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>, Hannes Tschofenig
<[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ace] Call for adoption for draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

> to be adopted as an ACE working group item, and added in the charter. The call
> ends on Mar 7, 2017.
>  
> point for what will be the final product of the ACE working group. The working
> group is free to make changes to the document according to the normal
> consensus process.
>