Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:42:53 +0200

Dear all,

A new version of est-coaps draft has been submitted to the ACE working 
group.
Apart from many editorial changes, this version includes:
- a first security considerations section
- a section about http/coap proxying
- DTLS Proof of possession has been clarified
- discovery of content formats
- better link with text of anima keyinfra draft.

We hope that the ACE WG likes this work and may consider promoting this 
draft to a WG document.

Greetings

peter

-------- Oorspronkelijke bericht --------
Onderwerp: New Version Notification for 
draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02.txt
Datum: 2017-06-12 12:35
Afzender: [email-masked]
Ontvanger: "Panos Kampanakis" <[email-masked]>, "Sandeep S. Kumar" 
<[email-masked]>, "Sandeep Kumar" <[email-masked]>, "Peter Van der 
Stok" <[email-masked]>, "Peter van der Stok" 
<[email-masked]>, "Martin Furuhed" 
<[email-masked]>, "Shahid Raza" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est
Revision:	02
Title:		EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)
Document date:	2017-06-12
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		37
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02
Htmlized:       
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-02

Abstract:
    Low-resource devices in a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) can
    operate in a mesh network using the IPv6 over Low-power Wireless
    Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 link-layer
    standards.  Provisioning these devices in a secure manner with keys
    (often called secure bootstrapping) used to encrypt and authenticate
    messages, is the subject of Bootstrapping of Remote Secure Key
    Infrastructures (BRSKI) [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra] and
    6tisch Secure Join [I-D.ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-secure-join].
    Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) [RFC7030], based on TLS and
    HTTP, is used in BRSKI.  Low-resource devices often use the
    lightweight Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] for
    message exchanges.  This document defines how low-resource devices
    are expected to use EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps) for secure
    bootstrapping and certificate enrollment. 6LoWPAN fragmentation
    management and extensions to CoAP registries are needed to enable
    EST-coaps.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat