Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:36:44 +0100

Hi all,

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

This version has no reference to BRSKI and is stand-alone EST over CoAP.
Other comments from the WG have been taken into account.
According to me this version is now compliant with the wishes and views 
expressed by the ACE WG.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Peter

Name:		draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est
Revision:	03
Title:		EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)
Document date:	2017-12-12
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		30
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03
Htmlized:       
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-03

Abstract:
    Low-resource devices in a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) can
    operate in a mesh network using the IPv6 over Low-power Wireless
    Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 link-layer
    standards.  Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) [RFC7030] is used
    for authenticated/authorized endpoint certificate enrollment (and
    optionally key provisioning) through a Certificate Authority (CA) or
    Registration Authority (RA).  Example low-resource uses cases for EST
    are: secure bootstrapping and certificate enrollment.

    Low-resource devices often use the lightweight Constrained
    Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] for message exchanges.  This
    document defines how low-resource devices are expected to use EST
    over secure CoAP (EST-coaps). 6LoWPAN fragmentation management and
    extensions to CoAP registries are needed to enable EST-coaps.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat