Subject: Re: [Aeon] FW: New Version Notification for draft-conet-aeon-use-cases-00.txt

From: "Fan, Peng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 16:36:32 +0800

Hi Junyi,

It is great we have people from application side on the list. please see my
reply inline [FP].

From: junyihan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 10:47 AM
To: fanpeng
Subject: FW: [Aeon] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-conet-aeon-use-cases-00.txt

Hi Peng,

Maybe my reply didn't arrive at aeon list, so I think either my tencent mail
box or the list is having some problem, since I have already subscribed to
the list.

Junyi

发件人： junyihan <mailto:[email-masked]> 

发送时间： 2014-06-04 18:37

收件人： aeon <mailto:[email-masked]> 

主题： RE: [Aeon] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-conet-aeon-use-cases-00.txt

Hi Peng,

Thanks for introducing this work to me. It will be great if there is a
standard way for applications to interact with network. Some comments below:

1. is there any definition how the information is signaled?

[FP] It is up to us to define. There is a brief description of relationship
between signaling and media:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement-00#section-2.1

2. I think applications should be able to decide when and how to interact
with network, right?

[FP] Yes that is also one of the reasons of doing this work - to enable
information signaling yet protect applications from unwanted information
leakage.

3. an authentication mechanism may be needed, we need to consider that when
designing a solution.

[FP] Agree, in many scenarios authentication is an important function.

Best regards,

Peng

Regards,

Junyi