Subject: AgentX "WG Last Call", etc.

From: Bob Natale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:22:19 -0400

Hi,

The primary purpose of this message is to announce a one-month
"Working Group Last Call" on the following two documents:

	Title		: Agent Extensibility (AgentX) Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Daniele, B. Wijnen, M. Ellison
	Filename	: draft-ietf-agentx-rfc-update-00.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 24-Jun-99

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-agentx-rfc-update-00.txt

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Extensible SNMP  
                          Agents
	Author(s)	: L. Heintz, S. Gudur, M. Ellison
	Filename	: draft-ietf-agentx-mib-03.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 24-Jun-99
	
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-agentx-mib-03.txt

This WG Last Call will expire on Aug 1, 1999...that is, comments
will be accepted for discussion through July 31, 1999.
Cordially,

This is a one-month last call in recognition of the impact of the
45th IETF meeting in Oslo (July 11-16) on some WG participants and
of the higher incidence of vacations taken during this time of the
year.

In addition to the technical details of each document, we need
to reach decisions wrt:

   - Should the MIB document be put on the standards track
     (Proposed Standard) or published as Informational RFC,
     or something else?

     Strawman:  Standards track.

   - Should we seek to advance the protocol RFC to Draft
     Standard on the basis of this revision, the existig
     bake-off experience, published implementation and
     interoperability reports, and any new supporting
     facts in these areas that might materialize between
     now and the 46th IETF (Washington, DC; Nov 1999)...
     or should we recycle it at Proposed Standard due to
     the number and nature of the changes and (mostly)
     clarifications made to this revision and rely on
     the next bake-off (possibly in late September) and
     new/renwed implementation and interoperability
     reports to bolster the case for Draft Standard
     status around the start of 2000?

     Strawman:  Recycle at Proposed Standard.

   - Items (goals and milestones) pertaining to
     revising our Charter for going forward.

   - Anything else of relevance to AgentX that any
     Working Group member wishes to propose...?

BobN
------------ ISO 9001 Registered Quality Supplier -----------
Bob Natale         | ACE*COMM              | 301-721-3000 [v]
Dir, Net Mgmt Prod | 704 Quince Orchard Rd | 301-721-3001 [f]
[email-masked]| Gaithersburg MD 20878 | www.acecomm.com
------------- Free downloads at www.winsnmp.com -------------