Subject: --- AgentX "WG Last Call" -- summary of issues ---

From: Mark Ellison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:32:11 -0400

Hello folks-

This email enumerates what I think the current issues are for the two AgentX WG
I-Ds that are currently in last call.  It appears that there are only three open
issues, so I'll list those first.  Comments and discussion (and resolution :-)
are encouraged.

Once we've converged on resolutions, I can edit these documents.

Regards,

Mark
AgentX WG Editor

------------------

1.  (MIB) agentxSessionAdminStatus

   -  leave as is, or

   -  introduce a RowStatus and limit (in description)
      the possible state transitions (active->destroy)?

2. (MIB) xxxTimeOut objects

    - what should we use for MAX-ACCESS?
    - do we want a MIN-ACCESS in the compliance section?
    - (RFC) probably want to loosen text related to sub-agent timeout
       values in registrations- they are "suggestions"?
    - Do we need another MIB object (agentxMaxTimeout ?), or, is a change
      in the RFC sufficient without another MIB object?

3.  add a range to the Unsigned32 indices so  that a value of zero is
     excluded as a valid value. We do not want an index to be zero.

    - I think we've already run through this at the bake-off, and it seems
      that zero(0) is OK as a sessionID.  Since sessionID is used as an
      Index, I don't think we want limit the index values further.

----  the rest of these are editorial things I've accounted for ----------
----  but am listing here as a sanity check ------------------------------

4.  (MIB)  we need to remove "experimental" from the abstract.

    - will do.

5.  (MIB) change "SNMPv2 SMI" into "SMIv2" (multiple places)

    - will do.

6.  (MIB) SNMPv1 in the abstract should read SMIv1.

    - will do.

7. (MIB) add a revision clause to the MODULE-IDENTITY.

    - will do.

8. (MIB) Maybe the references to MIB II (sysDescr) should be
    replaced with refenreces to RFC1907.

    - will do.

9.  (MIB) Sect 7, ...read-create objects,

    - will adjust boilerplate.

10. (Proto) change Bert's info in section 11

    - will do.

11. (Proto) missing Dale...

    - he's listed in sxn. 10, Acknowledgements...do we like the way this
       is currently, or, do we want to break Dale "out of the pack" for
       an extra-special-thanks?

12. (Proto)  need an abstract, and it should say this I-D obsoletes 2257

    - done.