Subject: Fwd: unrelated question

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 99 16:18:54 DST

Ref:  Your note of Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:33:17 +0200

Subject: Re:   Fwd: unrelated question

Juergen wrote:
>...
> 1) I agree that the imports for IANAifType-MIB should be fixed. Bert
>    Wijnen knows about this issue but it seems that it is in general
>    really hard to get IANA MIBs updated correctly. (The IANA DISMAN
>    language MIB simply disappeared when the ID was published as an RFC
>    and all attempts to get it out of nowhere were not successful so
>    far. Looks like the IETF has a serious problem with IANA right
>    now.)
>
I am working on this with IANA people.
That things are slow is all to blame on me.
I will also pick up the change for that IMPORTs from SNMPv2-SMI
instead of RFC1213.

Bert