Subject: Re: non-subscriber posting

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Randy Presuhn <rpresuhn>
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re:  non-subscriber posting
> Cc: [email-masked]
...
> There are several uses for sessions.  See the working group
> archives for January, 1997 in the thread "IETF 37, agentx
> meeting transcript" for a discussion of this point.
...

That's what I get for answering email before I've had some
caffeine.  The "transcript" was mailed by Dale Francisco to
some of the most active participants in the meeting, but not
the mailing list.  The San Jose meeting minutes have a brief
summary of the issue of sessions.  In short, they make it
easier to support subagent multiplexors and adaptors proxying
other management protocols.  It wasn't that long ago that
the number of open sockets per process was rather constrained
on some platforms, so multiplexing on a single connection
was important to scalability.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  SJC-1.3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "red" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:19:16 +0800

Dear Randy:

          I am very appreciate for your answers.
          I have another question,
          Will master Agent handle the next snmp request , when it has not  send response for the last snmp request yet? 
          
                             Thank&Regards
                                         Red

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Randy Presuhn [mailto:[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2002年9月26日 23:19
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: Re: non-subscriber posting

Hi -

...
...

 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josi, California 95131  USA