Subject: [ANCP] ANCP multicast extensions changes

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:35:53 -0400

I have submitted a new version of the ANCP multicast extensions 
document. Most of the changes were trivial edits (e.g., "white", 
"black", and "grey" changed uniformly to lower case). Here are the more 
significant changes:

General

- In all message illustrations, got rid of sub-version in the ANCP header.

- aligned codepoint presentation (hex or decimal) with the presentation 
in the IANA Considerations section of RFC 6320.

- documented the new Result Codes properly, as required by the RFC 6320.

Section 4.2

- added text on setting the Function field in the Port Management message

Section 4.2.2

- cleaned up Result Code reference

Section 4.3

- added missing column in Figure 5

- gave forward reference for occurence of "Other Embedded TLV"

- changed IPv4 addresses in example to IPv6 so there is at least one 
IPv6 example in the document

Section 4.3.2

- fixed incorrect Result Code reference

- added proper documentation for new Result Codes 0x64, 0x65, 0x66

Section 4.4.1, 4.4.2

- referred to RFC 6320 for Transaction ID

Section 4.5.1, 4.5.2

- added Result Code in bullet a of deadlock avoidance in Section 4.5.2

- provided proper documentation for the three new Result Codes 0x67, 
0x68, 0x69

Section 4.7.2

- corrected Result Code reference

Section 5.2

- changed units of Multicast-Service-Profile-Name from bits to octets

Section 5.3

- SUBSTANTIVE: as indicated on the list, deleted the statement:
"In particular, a value of 0x00 for the Source PrefLen indicates an ASM 
multicast entry, and the Source Prefix will be absent."

Remain sub-sections of Section 5

Section 6

- SEMI-SUBSTANTIVE: as discussed on the list, deleted the example 
reference to the Result Code "TLV or value not supported by negotiated 
capability set". I'll be submitting a separate I-D for that one any 
others people think should be added to the base protocol.

Section 6.1

- added note that Target TLV has to be supported in every capability

Section 6.1.1

- added note that Command TLV has to be supported

- corrected name of Sequence number TLV in table

- added Bandwidth-Allocation TLV to table

Section 6.1.4

- added note that Command TLV has to be supported

- corrected name of Sequence number TLV in table

Section 6.2.1, 6.2.2

- changed "MAY"s to "may"s given the context

Section 6.3.3

- rewrote third paragraph in active voice to make it clearer

Section 7

- slight expansion of security considerations, nothing substantive added

Section 8

- slight renaming of new Result Code 0x65

- presentation adjustments for TLV codepoints

References

- deleted RFC 3292 (replaced with RFC6320 somewhere further back)

Section A.2

- added references to figures in body of text, causing figures to 
receive numbers (e.g., newly-numbered Figure 24) -- hence subsequent 
figures that had numbers before now have new numbers

Tom Taylor