Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for April 2009

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:20:57 +0100

Please let me know if you think the information below is not accurate.
==============================================
Document Status and Progress
Active documents, my action:
- draft-hollenbeck-rfc493*bis - Scott Hollenbeck has requested 
progression of these documents to Full Standard. I've reviewed 2 
documents, need to review the remaining
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental) - need to do AD review
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - promised Martin Dürst to review this document

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-crocker-email-arch (Standard Track): in IETF LC
- draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications (Informational): on IESG telechat 
agenda for May 7th
- draft-thomson-beep-async (Proposed Standard): on IESG telechat agenda 
for May 7th
- draft-ncook-urlauth-accessid (Proposed Standard): on IESG telechat 
agenda for May 7th (Note: normative dependency for 
draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming)

Active documents, waiting on other:
- draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis (BCP) - IETF LC ended, waiting for a new 
revision addressing my comments raised in AD review (Note: still waiting 
for some extra reviews from the Apps Review Team)
- draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis (Informational): IETF LC ended, waiting for 
update to draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis before sending both to IESG for review
- draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming (Informational): 2 DISCUSSes remaining 
on the document (from Pasi and Cullen). Pasi has suggested some text, 
I've suggested the author to revise the document to incorporate it.

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Old:
 draft-ietf-bfd-base-09.txt
 draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-06.txt
 draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-03.txt
 draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-11.txt
 draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt
 draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-19.txt
 draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-08.txt

New (this week):
 draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-17.txt
 draft-ietf-isms-secshell-16.txt
 draft-ietf-openpgp-camellia-04.txt

Other activities/actions:
Done:
 - Took over the DISCUSS entered by Chris Newman for the iCalendar spec. 
An RFC Editor note was entered to address it, so I cleared
 - YAM (Yet Another Mail) WG charter proposal for IESG review on May 7th

Ongoing:
 - Request to review 3 new MIME type registrations:
  - Request for registration for 3gpp-ims+xml: ongoing private 
discussion with authors of the registration
  - Request for registration for application/mp21 from ISO/IEC 
21000-9:2005/Amd.1:2008: need to followup
  - Request for registration for multiple MIME types 
(<http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/draft-denenberg.html>) from Library 
of Congress: need to advise on the best way forward with this. 
 - Discussion about FTP ALG for IPv6-to-IPv4 translation 
(draft-van-beijnum-behave-ftp64)

My action:
 - Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM

Waiting for others:
 - Request to move SMTP AUTH (RFC 4954) to Draft Standard (waiting for 
Lisa's response)
 - Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update 
the document, Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
 - Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate 
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)
 - Suggestion to write a document documenting use of DNS SRV records for 
discovering location of SMTP/IMAP/POP and calendaring servers (Cyrus 
Daboo agreed to work on this)

WG Status:

EAI - waiting for the WG to finish POP3 and IMAP drafts. No activity on 
the mailing list
Lemonade - RFC 5524 got published. Pushing dependencies for the Lemonade 
Profile Bis out of the door (draft-newman-auth-scram-12.txt, QRESYNC 
(draft-ietf-lemonade-5162bis-00.txt)). Also a couple of informational 
documents in IESG review
LTRU - IETF LC for both outstanding documents have finished, waiting for 
the WG to produce updated drafts
MORG - No activity in the last 2 weeks
VCARDDAV - Discussion about the best way of encoding vCard parameters in XML

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 12:53:16 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> - Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to 
> update the document, Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
> - Suggestion to write a document documenting use of DNS SRV records 
> for discovering location of SMTP/IMAP/POP and calendaring servers 
> (Cyrus Daboo agreed to work on this)

Other things I forgot to mention:
 - Support for UTF-8 in LDIF discussion (Kurt Zeilenga and I are 
tracking this)
 - TLS server certificate verification procedure for Apps protocols - 
there was lots of support for having this document, but the current 
authors didn't respond. Kurt Zeilenga has volunteered to edit, if the 
original authors don't have time. If I don't hear any objections soon 
(say before the end of May), then I would ask Kurt to edit this 
document. If anybody else wants to co-edit, let me know.