Subject: RE: fodder for the proposed FTP feature/cmd registry

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:09:59 -0400

--On Monday, October 05, 2009 20:10 +0000 Robert McMurray
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if the attached file helps, but I put it together
> some months ago as a quick reference to the list of FTP
> commands, their syntax, and any possible reply codes that I
> could find. The introduction lists the RFCs that I used to
> gather the information.
>...

Robert,

Alfred is still unable to get mail through to Microsoft (or
Hotmail, etc.) servers.   He has cross-checked your list against
our working version of draft-klensin-ftp-registry-02, so it
definitely helps.  That working version contains an integrated
version of the registry table along with a significant number of
other changes (some from me, some from Alfred, some from Alexey,
and some from others).

--On Tuesday, October 06, 2009 18:11 -0400 "William F. Maton
Sotomayor" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Alfred,
> 
>  	This looks pretty good.  If John thinks this is a good
> start, I can contribute the wu-ftpd variants as well.  I have
> an extremely basic command snapshot already to work with if
> this is a go.

William,

Thanks.

If you don't mind, and to save duplication of effort, please
hold off until -02 appears and take a look at the documentation
requirements that appear there for registrations.   If you don't
think they are reasonable, we should discuss that.  If they are,
then you will have a reference point for the wu-ftpd material as
well as a somewhat-revised description of the registry contents.

The state of -02 at the moment is that I'm studying some new
material Alfred prepared (if it wasn't clear from the above,
this has turned into a joint effort) and he may be reviewing
some of mine.  I hope to have it posted relatively soon.
However, this isn't the highest priority for either of us so
please be patient.

best,
   john

---

From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:16:39 -0400 (EDT)

>> an extremely basic command snapshot already to work with if
[snip]
> well as a somewhat-revised description of the registry contents.

Sounds good to me!

wfms