Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity Report for Sept 2009

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:39:53 -0700

*News, Updates*
IETF 76 Bar BoF planning:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/BarBofs
IETF 76 BOFs:
    HYBI:  Bidirectional HTTP; Web sockets and related technologies that
reverse the HTTP client-server initiation role.
    IRIs: Fixing problems with internationalized locators
    GROBJ:  Referral objects to pass in applications
    DECADE: Using caches in P2P applications
    6LOWAPP:  Using REST and doing device commissioning among low-power
devices

Note that HTTP-STATE and ARF (Abuse Reporting for email) are not meeting as
BOFs in Hiroshima, but are continuing work on their email lists towards
chartering WGs at some point.

*Document Status and Progress
*Active documents, my action:
- draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop (PS): Checking to see if authors are OK with
proposed resolution to Tim Polk's DISCUSS
- draft-hammer-oauth (Info): Publication Requested, now I need to do AD
review
- draft-nottingham-site-meta (PS): Publication Requested, now I need to do
AD review

Active documents, waiting on other:
- draft-ietf-idnabis-bidi (PS): In IETF Last Call
- draft-ietf-idnabis-protocol (PS): In IETF Last Call
- draft-ietf-idnabis-defs (PS): In IETF Last Call
- draft-ietf-idnabis-tables (PS): In IETF Last Call
- draft-ietf-idnabis-rationale (Info): In IETF Last Call
- draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings (Info): In IETF Last Call
- draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn (Exp): New version of draft expected
- draft-reschke-webdav-post (Exp): Cyrus Daboo is doing shepherd review and
writeup
- draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis (PS): Awaiting revision to clear DISCUSS issues
- draft-wilde-sms-uri (PS): Waiting for ADs with DISCUSS issues to read &
respond
- draft-freed-sieve-in-xml (PS): Waiting for revision from authors & WG
consensus on new format for comments
- draft-nottingham-http-link-header (PS): Waiting for revision from authors

Finished processing -- new in RFC Ed queue and new RFCs
- draft-ietf-alto-problem-statement (Info):  Approved, in RFC Ed queue

WG Status

ALTO: Some light discussions in the last month.
CALSIFY: Not much discussion while RFC2446 completes publication.
HTTPBIS: Tracker issue discussion, along with discussion of the Metalink
draft for multiple download locations.
IDNABIS:  IETF Last Call has started for all WG documents.
OAUTH: Good discussion of algorithm selection, constraints and other
issues.  Also note draft-hammer-oauth proposed for individual submission to
Informational status document.
SIEVE:  WG Discussion of error handling.

Note that most of these WGs are not meeting in Hiroshima; some are nearly
finished (CALSIFY, IDNABIS), others don't have critical mass attendance
(OAUTH, HTTPBIS, SIEVE).  In contrast, see the list of APPS BOFs at top that
are meeting.