Subject: quick update on metalink

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:58:16 -0500

Lisa, Alexey, and everyone else,

None of the metalink authors will be in Hiroshima (although some of us
are trying to make Anaheim in March).

We think draft-bryan-metalink is ready for last call. We have another
revision waiting to submit that incorporates suggestions from Mark
Baker via apps-review & PSA. Currently, 4 apps support this with more
on the way.

draft-bryan-metalinkhttp is a work in progress, specification wise,
but functionality wise appears relatively stable. Most reception has
been positive, at least of the ideas inside. We have a revision with
Micah Cowan's (wget) suggestions waiting to submit.
This draft is complementary to metalink (XML), not seen as competition
or replacement, and can be used in less situations. Only 2 apps
support it and we have lots of testing ahead of us.

draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update, "Additional Hash
Algorithms for HTTP Instance Digests" is the update to the Instance
Digests registry. This draft is rather short and simple. I think it is
basically done, but welcome all comments of course.
-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads