Subject: quick update on calsify

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:08:05 +0100

Lisa, Alexey, all,

Since I won't be in Hiroshima, I thought I would give you and this group
a brief update on where things are with Calsify.  Although it has taken
us a bit longer than anticipated, we have gotten an update to RFC 2445
out the door.  That is RFC-5545.  We now anticipate smooth sailing for
draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis, which Cyrus has completed.  Next up is
draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis, which is just about ready for WGLC.  What
is holding it up right now is me, as I want to check all of the
examples, and provide some additional Security Considerations text.  In
the meantime, I ask that people take a good look at the document and
provide the author or the Calsify working group comments.

After this document is published, the chair (I) will engage in a
discussion first with the ADs and then with the broader community over
what if anything should happen next in Calsify.

Thanks to the authors, Bernard, Cyrus, and Alexey, for their work, and
for the chairs' and community's patience in getting these updates done.

Eliot